McFarlane Toys Teases Mortal Kombat License

JayC

Looks like McFarlane Toys isn't done with the Toy Fair surprises as today they teased this image indicating they have acquired a license to do Mortal Kombat products. No specific details yet but we should learn more this weekend.

1 of 1

WHOA WHA!?!?! You now have my full attention. Kind of like the Overwatch thing with Hasbro, if they can do something comparable or unique as what Storm does for cheaper, I will go nuts in excitement. Consider me immensely intrigued. I cant believe there are 2 companies that have the license for mortal kombat in 2019. Im wondering tho if this is just limited to probably MK11 stuff as that game is coming out soon and is used to promote the game whereas Storm is hitting more the classic versions. Still very interesting, Toyfair cant get here quick enough!  

Will never be goo as Storm, but anyway. Wait and see. The price will certainly be lower. 

Good to see McFarlane really pursuing all these new licenses-- and being granted them!

I was excited by Todd's news at SDCC (I think) that McFarlane Toys would be going back to their roots in producing monster figures and some of their other old brands, like Tortured Souls, for direct to customer sales through their website. I hope all these new licenses hasn't put those plans on the back burner. Todd seemed excited to go back to McT's roots-- and I was, too!

Storm Collectibles IMO will be at a disadvantage if McFarlane gives us nice looking figures with decent articulation because they will be so much cheaper. I am also personally not a fan of the rubber material stuff they use for the clothes on the Storm stuff.

I do have to point out at this stage we don't even know if they are doing action figures. This might be for statues or something like that for all we know.

Color me intrigued... Especially if we’re talking figures with the same level of articulation as those Fortnite figures.

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like they’ll be doing figures from the newer game, and storm is doing more classic type figures.  I’m sticking with Storm, but I’m curious to see what these will turn out like.