figma Space Invaders Figure Preview From Good Smile Company

JayC

Shown below are some prototype images for the upcoming figma Space Invaders figure from Good Smile Company which was posted to twitter via video game company TAITO. It looks like the figure will be on hand at this weekends Wonder Festival 2019 (Winter) convention.

The figure is based on the classic 80's arcade video game, and specifically on the artwork that was shown on the classic arcade cabinet. These guys didn't actually look like this in the actual game. It will be interesting to see what colors are used in the final version or if it will incorporate translucent plastic being these guys are basically made up of energy.

Space-Invaders-figma-Prototype-02.jpg

Space-Invaders-figma-Prototype-01.jpg

Space-Invaders-figma-Prototype-03.png

• Thanks 1

This looks dope! He could be posed up with other Figma as a generic monster creature. I'm looking forward to seeing how they paint it. Hopefully we get a lot of cool reveals at Wonderfest. 
I'm hoping to see more Fullmetal Alchemist figures, specifically a Scar figure. It would be cool to see some Samurai Champloo figures and some cartoon accurate Gatchaman figures. We might see one new Dragon Ball figure for the SHF line. I'd like to see if someone is taking on the One Piece line if VAH is no longer producing them. 
Psycho Mob figures! 
Hopefully Figma shows their Darkness to finish of the Konosuba team. It would be cool if Mafex continued the Seven Deadly Sins line. 
Figma needs to make more My Hero Academia figures, that line could do really well. 

I had no idea what the hell this was at first but it looked oddly familiar. Now I do and its kind of like a "why?" question now. I mean I get it but its like making a figure of a logo essentially. Just seems kind of weird because this character wasnt IN the actual games to my knowledge, only the actual flying sprite spaceships. 

On 2/10/2019 at 1:41 PM, EvilHayato said:

I had no idea what the hell this was at first but it looked oddly familiar. Now I do and its kind of like a "why?" question now. I mean I get it but its like making a figure of a logo essentially. Just seems kind of weird because this character wasnt IN the actual games to my knowledge, only the actual flying sprite spaceships. 

I think technically it was in the game, only in the game it looked like this which would make for a pretty weak figure. As to why, same reason so much junk gets made these day,  Nostalgia.

246x0w.jpg

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

Good Smile Company has released updated images for their upcoming figma Space Invaded figure which will be due out in October 2020.

The figure is based on the classic 80's arcade video game, and specifically on the artwork that was shown on the classic arcade cabinet. These guys didn't actually look like this in the actual game. It will be interesting to see what colors are used in the final version or if it will incorporate translucent plastic being these guys are basically made up of energy. You can pre-order this now at our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com.

Figma-Space-Invaders-01.jpg

Figma-Space-Invaders-02.jpg

Figma-Space-Invaders-03.jpg

Figma-Space-Invaders-04.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What the? This is from Space invaders? XD, i played the game sometimed but I've never seen this poster before and certainly not that creature design, of course there's no doubt that in game they didn't look anything like the posters show XD.

Still this figure looks rather interesting and shadowy alike.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JayC said:

Good Smile Company has released updated images for their upcoming figma Space Invaded figure which will be due out in October 2020.

Figma-Space-Invaders-01.jpg

Figma-Space-Invaders-02.jpg

Figma-Space-Invaders-03.jpg

Figma-Space-Invaders-04.jpg

1 hour ago, K9K1N6 said:

What the? This is from Space invaders? XD, i played the game sometimed but I've never seen this poster before and certainly not that creature design, of course there's no doubt that in game they didn't look anything like the posters show XD.

Still this figure looks rather interesting and shadowy alike.

It was the artwork featured on the side of the original arcade cabinet. I think it may had been featured on some of the packaging artwork for the home releases as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think the idea is interesting but at the same time will confuse almost anyone that sees it and is even familiar with space invaders. So many questions arise. Like is there even a market for a high quality and decently priced figure thats based on a very vague graphic design of something that it looks nothing like thats from a game that came out 42 years ago? It is a cool looking figure but very very very very very niche. 

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, JayC said:

LOL, have you never played Space Invaders?

Is that the game that you have to destroy a lot of space ships or monster coming down the screen?

I been playing games since burger time and load runner...