Night Of Creeps 8" Tom Atkins Figure From NECA

JayC

NECA is doing a 8" Detective Ray Cameron (Tom Atkins) figure for a movie called Night of the Creeps which will be included with a Shout Factory Blu-ray release of the movie. See the details below:

We aim to “thrill” you today with very exciting news! Please read carefully on as there’s a lot to communicate…

• We are releasing a new Blu-ray of the popular 80s cult classic NIGHT OF THE CREEPS, which is planned for a May 28th Street Date. Region A. US & Canada.
• This will be presented as a Collector’s Edition and will come guaranteed with a slipcover in its first three months of release.
• We are doing something different and not adding a newly-designed illustration to the national release. The front-facing cover will be the iconic “zombie rose” art that many remember fondly from its initial VHS release. The reverse cover will featuring a theatrical poster design (Students with flamethrowers as zombies approach)
• Extras and final specs are in progress and will be announced on a later date. All extras from the prior U.S. Blu-ray release will be ported over and new extras are underway. Director’s Cut of the film is a given and we are working towards also providing the theatrical cut of the film (which had a different ending) as well. We’ll let you know of our progress in April.

Now if you are the ultimate NIGHT OF THE CREEPS fan then you’ll want to take note of two offers on the release—one of which is only available at www.shoutfactory.com while supplies last:

STANDARD OFFER (which will also be made available through other retailers throughout the month).
- Receive the Collector’s Edition Blu-ray with slipcove

EXCLUSIVE WEBSITE-ONLY DELUXE OFFER (Only 3,000 of this offer being made. US & Canada only)
- Receive the Collector’s Edition Blu-ray with slipcover
- Receive a rolled limited-edition 18” x 24” poster of a newly-designed illustration from Devon Whitehead (Trick r Treat, Valentine). Made exclusively for this promotion only. (Also to note: Posters are now being rolled and shipped in a poster tube differently that we did last year to ensure better delivery.)
- Receive a second slipcover featuring the Devon Whitehead art concept. (Both the poster and the slipcover were made exclusively for our site only)
- Receive an exclusive, limited edition 8” tall Detective Ray Cameron (Tom Atkins) action figure created by NECA - N.E.C.A and officially approved by Mr. Atkins himself! This will only be made available here exclusively on our site and will not be sold elsewhere or at a later date.
- Free Standard Shipping on U.S. Orders.
We anticipate this one-of-a-kind offer to sell out.

Night-Of-Creeps-01.jpg

Night-Of-Creeps-02.jpg

Night-Of-Creeps-03.jpg

3 hours ago, JayC said:

I've got to be honest. I have never even heard of this movie, but Toxic Avenger would be cool.

WHAT!?! You poor deprived soul!

Seriously, if you've got Amazon Prime, you can watch it free with ads on their IMDB freedive channel. I strongly suggest you check it out. It's not one of the "Big" 80s horror movies, but it is worth seeking out . . . especially if your tastes lean more toward the campy "Evil Dead/Army of Darkness" end of the horror spectrum.

This along with Deadly Friend were two of my all-time favorite Saturday afternoon UHF matinee movies. Great stuff.

I agree with Mako, this is one of my favorite horror movies I watched when I was younger. Its very underrated and deserves recognition. It was also one of those movies that 'creeped' me out so bad when I was younger but as I saw it again later as an adult, man, memories and was still really good. The friend part and the recording really got to me. I definitely didnt get a campy feel to it tho, but at the same time I guess just about every 80s horror flick was campy.