Sign in to follow this  
JayC

2018 TNI Fan Choice Toy Award Winners Announced

After a full month nomination process and two rounds of voting done completely by you the TNI readers, we have our winner's for the 2018 Toy News International Toy Awards. Here is a breakdown of each award category as well as the winners for each one.

- Toy Company of the Year - HASBRO

- Toy Line of the Year - Hasbro 6" Marvel Legends

- 3.75" - 5" Action Figure of the Year - Boss Fight Studio VITRUVIAN HACKS KNIGHT OF ASPERITY

- 6"-7" Action Figure of the Year - NECA 90's TMNT Movie Figures

- 12" And Up Action Figure of the Year - Hot Toys Avengers Infinity War Iron Spider

- Statue Of The Year - Sideshow Collectibles Marvel Thanos On Throne Marquette

- Action Figure Playset Or Vehicle of the Year - NECA TMNT Diorama

- Professional Sculptor of the Year - Paul Harding

- Toy Reviewer of the Year - ShartimusPrime

- Toy Photographer of the Year - D-Amazing

- Action Figure Customizer of the Year - Elias Fultron

Actual awards will be presented to the winners at this month's New York Toy Fair or mailed for those not in attendance. The awards are being created now as I type this, but for those not familiar you can see one of our awards from 2015 for an idea of what they will look like.

Congrats to all the winners and to everyone that was nominated to begin with. In our eyes it was a great year for action figures and there really are no losers here. We do this to celebrate, honor and say thank you to all those who contribute in some way to this hobby that often doesn't seem to get the notoriety we think it should.

2018-TNI-Toy-Awards-01.jpg

2018-TNI-Toy-Awards-02.jpg

2018-TNI-Toy-Awards-05.jpg

2018-TNI-Toy-Awards-06.jpg

2018-TNI-Toy-Awards-07.jpg

2018-TNI-Toy-Awards-08.jpg

2018-TNI-Toy-Awards-09.jpg

This was a great thing that Jay C organized. Thank to everyone that voted and congratulations to the winners. I hope that we can  make this every year.  Also hope that people can be a little bit more civil and respectful next time. 

Anyone want to share their personal favorite action figure of 2018?
I got out all of my 2018 figure purchases and started eliminating the ones I didn't think would be in the top ten (Toy Galaxy style) until I was down to the top ten figures. I absolutely shocked myself by picking the Savage World Lion-O as my number one pick. 
I've had him at my desk since I bought him and I always look his way as I walk through the room. I bought much more expensive and "better" figures last year, but that one really appeals to me on a personal subjective level. 

Here is a look at the actual awards that each of the winners will receive.

IMG_0014.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0004.jpg

IMG_0005.jpg

IMG_0006.jpg

IMG_0007.jpg

IMG_0008.jpg

IMG_0009.jpg

IMG_0010.jpg

IMG_0011.jpg

IMG_0012.jpg

IMG_0002.jpg