Neca AvP Arcade Appearance Warrior Predator Review

DareDevil19

On 2/2/2019 at 3:23 PM, Satam said:

I still wish they would make a new Predator body without netting for the Predators that didn't have it.  Painting the figure and pretending that texture isn't there just doesn't do it for me.  Otherwise, he looks great.

I love NECA figures, but I gotta agree. Minor tweaks to the body molds couldn’t be that detrimental to their profits. If the old Toy Biz company was able to make an Apocalypse and Hulk from a similar body mold, I would think NECA could do something similar to change some features.

97E9E3FE-D5F1-4E70-A6D6-F0D60075EE77.jpeg

632BE422-B8F0-4C98-9BCF-B092189640C2.jpeg

I don't think it would be a minor tweak to get rid of that texture, and retooling frequently means a manufacturer can't make they other version again.  They would likely need to make all new body parts, but considering all the Kenner tribute and video game Preds they're releasing, it's not like they wouldn't get their money's worth.

hopefully when they do the the preds from Predators who dont have netting they will redo all others who also dont have it.

As for this figure, my actually issue is that they only tried to get the look by paint. He shouldn't have that loin cloth thing he should have briefs. The only new sculpting is the P Hunter's spear, right?

On 2/2/2019 at 3:23 PM, Satam said:

I still wish they would make a new Predator body without netting for the Predators that didn't have it.  Painting the figure and pretending that texture isn't there just doesn't do it for me.  Otherwise, he looks great.

12 hours ago, HalfOrk said:

hopefully when they do the the preds from Predators who dont have netting they will redo all others who also dont have it.

As for this figure, my actually issue is that they only tried to get the look by paint. He shouldn't have that loin cloth thing he should have briefs. The only new sculpting is the P Hunter's spear, right?

Thats pretty much their MO with retro versions of characters they ve already made in figure form. They just repaint older sculpts to look pixelated and or less detail and more with the paint apps themselves. Its all expected now from them. I think they kind of took alot of liberties when they did all this too. Dutch isnt as top heavy looking from the games as he looks in figure form and Linn isnt as jacked as she is in the game in her fig form either. BUT, I dont see us ever getting any AVP arcade game figs from anyone again so I ll take what I can get. I find it amazing we are getting these considering its a game from the arcades i used to frequen over 20 years ago.