Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
JayC

Dragon Ball Z Dragon Stars Wave 9 & 10 Figures From Bandai America

Recommended Posts

The Dragon Stars series from Bandai America is comprised of the most highly detailed and articulated figures in the Dragon Ball line. Standing at 6 1/2" and having 16 or more points of articulation and additional hands, these figures can be posed in hundreds of positions. The ongoing collectible series will include many characters from Dragon Ball's rich history.

Wave 9 includes Super Saiyan 4 Goku, Frieza 1st Form and Piccolo.

Wave 10 includes Android 17, Super Saiyan 3 Goku and Cell Final Form

You can pre-order these now at BigBadToyStore.com.

Dragon-Stars-Wave-9-01.jpg

Dragon-Stars-Wave-9-02.jpg

Dragon-Stars-Wave-9-03.jpg

Dragon-Stars-Wave-9-04.jpg

Dragon-Stars-Wave-9-05.jpg

Dragon-Stars-Wave-9-06.jpg

Dragon-Stars-Wave-9-07.jpg

Dragon-Stars-Wave-9-08.jpg

Dragon-Stars-Wave-9-09.jpg

Dragon-Stars-Wave-9-10.jpg

Dragon-Stars-Wave-9-11.jpg

Dragon-Stars-Wave-9-12.jpg

Dragon-Stars-Wave-9-13.jpg

Dragon-Stars-Wave-9-14.jpg

Dragon-Stars-Wave-9-15.jpg

Dragon-Stars-Wave-10-02.jpg

Dragon-Stars-Wave-10-03.jpg

Dragon-Stars-Wave-10-04.jpg

Dragon-Stars-Wave-10-05.jpg

Dragon-Stars-Wave-10-06.jpg

Dragon-Stars-Wave-10-07.jpg

Dragon-Stars-Wave-10-08.jpg

Dragon-Stars-Wave-10-09.jpg

Dragon-Stars-Wave-10-10.jpg

Dragon-Stars-Wave-10-11.jpg

Dragon-Stars-Wave-10-12.jpg

Dragon-Stars-Wave-10-13.jpg

Dragon-Stars-Wave-10-14.jpg

Dragon-Stars-Wave-10-15.jpg

Dragon-Stars-Wave-10-16.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Besides some weird looking joints on the Frieza and SS4 Goku, the overall sculpts and design look pretty good.

Perfect Cell turned out really well, his articulation blends well with his appearance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Frieza looks interesting. This line has a few hits, but they always seem to look better in the promo pictures than in person. I only have a few. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If they lower Frieza’s head just a little bit,  that figure would look so much better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These figs are meh to me. I love DBZ but Ive not really been that impressed with the marvel legends like line thats been around lately. I sold off all my Jakks Pacific movie collection figs years ago and at the time they were pretty slick but something clicked in me where they just didnt do it for me anymore. The designs as I look back arent all that great and proportions were all over the place. I kind of lost my love for dbz in action figure form sadly. 

 

4 hours ago, clockstomper said:

It looks like Freeza got his wish to be taller, but the Dragon put it all in his neck. Giraffe Freeza.

It seems it was Calypso from twisted metal that granted him his wish to be taller.. WITH A TWIST! XD 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/1/2019 at 6:03 PM, JayC said:

The Dragon Stars series from Bandai America is comprised of the most highly detailed and articulated figures in the Dragon Ball line. Standing at 6 1/2" and having 16 or more points of articulation and additional hands, these figures can be posed in hundreds of positions. The ongoing collectible series will include many characters from Dragon Ball's rich history.

Wave 9 includes Super Saiyan 4 Goku, Frieza 1st Form and Piccolo.

Wave 10 includes Android 17, Super Saiyan 3 Goku and Cell Final Form

You can pre-order these now at BigBadToyStore.com.

Dragon-Stars-Wave-9-01.jpg

Dragon-Stars-Wave-9-02.jpg

Dragon-Stars-Wave-9-03.jpg

Dragon-Stars-Wave-9-04.jpg

Dragon-Stars-Wave-9-05.jpg

Dragon-Stars-Wave-9-06.jpg

Dragon-Stars-Wave-9-07.jpg

Dragon-Stars-Wave-9-08.jpg

Dragon-Stars-Wave-9-09.jpg

Dragon-Stars-Wave-9-10.jpg

Dragon-Stars-Wave-9-11.jpg

Dragon-Stars-Wave-9-12.jpg

Dragon-Stars-Wave-9-13.jpg

Dragon-Stars-Wave-9-14.jpg

Dragon-Stars-Wave-9-15.jpg

Dragon-Stars-Wave-10-02.jpg

Dragon-Stars-Wave-10-03.jpg

Dragon-Stars-Wave-10-04.jpg

Dragon-Stars-Wave-10-05.jpg

Dragon-Stars-Wave-10-06.jpg

Dragon-Stars-Wave-10-07.jpg

Dragon-Stars-Wave-10-08.jpg

Dragon-Stars-Wave-10-09.jpg

Dragon-Stars-Wave-10-10.jpg

Dragon-Stars-Wave-10-11.jpg

Dragon-Stars-Wave-10-12.jpg

Dragon-Stars-Wave-10-13.jpg

Dragon-Stars-Wave-10-14.jpg

Dragon-Stars-Wave-10-15.jpg

Dragon-Stars-Wave-10-16.jpg

That frieza is a must get for me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, EvilHayato said:

These figs are meh to me. I love DBZ but Ive not really been that impressed with the marvel legends like line thats been around lately. I sold off all my Jakks Pacific movie collection figs years ago and at the time they were pretty slick but something clicked in me where they just didnt do it for me anymore. The designs as I look back arent all that great and proportions were all over the place. I kind of lost my love for dbz in action figure form sadly. 

 

It seems it was Calypso from twisted metal that granted him his wish to be taller.. WITH A TWIST! XD 

Yea, Irwin and Jakks Pacific did a pretty good job back in the day, but I have passed on many DB figures as well due to sculpt, paint, and design issues. I have started up again with the PVC static figures from Banpresto. The details surpass most figures with far better pricing.

00C7F861-AC73-41C8-9DBE-665918C394BE.jpeg

D4191930-7F17-416F-B366-61188947DE98.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GojiBill said:

Yea, Irwin and Jakks Pacific did a pretty good job back in the day, but I have passed on many DB figures as well due to sculpt, paint, and design issues. I have started up again with the PVC static figures from Banpresto. The details surpass most figures with far better pricing.

00C7F861-AC73-41C8-9DBE-665918C394BE.jpeg

D4191930-7F17-416F-B366-61188947DE98.jpeg

ha nice, yeah im not much of a statue guy. The other thing I dont like is they make all the same characters. You rarely ever see a Cooler or a Janemba or an Android 13 and stuff like that. Its always Cell, Frieza, Buu and the Saiyans in every version of them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, EvilHayato said:

ha nice, yeah im not much of a statue guy. The other thing I dont like is they make all the same characters. You rarely ever see a Cooler or a Janemba or an Android 13 and stuff like that. Its always Cell, Frieza, Buu and the Saiyans in every version of them. 

Yea, I usually pass on statues too, but I haven’t been impressed enough with the DBZ offerings in my budget. These PVCs were a good alternative. I picked up Cell for $15 at Barnes & Noble. The Frieza was around $25 through Amazon.

Banpresto has done some good Coolers, but they sell out quick and are hard to find at reasonable prices.

D96E4AFA-6667-4388-8A0A-DE147F67AE39.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, GojiBill said:

Yea, I usually pass on statues too, but I haven’t been impressed enough with the DBZ offerings in my budget. These PVCs were a good alternative. I picked up Cell for $15 at Barnes & Noble. The Frieza was around $25 through Amazon.

Banpresto has done some good Coolers, but they sell out quick and are hard to find at reasonable prices.

D96E4AFA-6667-4388-8A0A-DE147F67AE39.jpeg

Those are definitely not too bad a prices but Im weird with statues of most kinds. They are always prone to break especially with having cats.  That cooler isnt too shabby but not doing it for me overall. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, EvilHayato said:

Those are definitely not too bad a prices but Im weird with statues of most kinds. They are always prone to break especially with having cats.  That cooler isnt too shabby but not doing it for me overall. 

I can understand that and for the most part, I’m the same. I prefer the articulated figure over the static statue. Those were the exceptions due to the price and the iconic poses they had. Plus I have all my collectibles in display cabinets and no cats (only kids).

I would love to find an old IT Labs Cooler Movie Collection figure for a reasonable price. That was a quality figure that looked great.

4169A16B-A3A5-4EDF-BEF1-ADD43C97391F.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GojiBill said:

I can understand that and for the most part, I’m the same. I prefer the articulated figure over the static statue. Those were the exceptions due to the price and the iconic poses they had. Plus I have all my collectibles in display cabinets and no cats (only kids).

I would love to find an old IT Labs Cooler Movie Collection figure for a reasonable price. That was a quality figure that looked great.

4169A16B-A3A5-4EDF-BEF1-ADD43C97391F.jpeg

Ha thats one of the figs I sold. It was cool at the time but dude its so ugly. Proportions and limited posing makes it far from impressive. The head/neck region is also super weird. Those are the figures I mainly had were from that series. I had 2 vegetas that were so inconsistent that they were different heights. But at the time there wasnt much dbz movie stuff to get in the US. Oh yeah and that Cooler was also pretty top heavy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can we confirm that they got rid of the build a figure?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, EvilHayato said:

Ha thats one of the figs I sold. It was cool at the time but dude its so ugly. Proportions and limited posing makes it far from impressive. The head/neck region is also super weird. Those are the figures I mainly had were from that series. I had 2 vegetas that were so inconsistent that they were different heights. But at the time there wasnt much dbz movie stuff to get in the US. Oh yeah and that Cooler was also pretty top heavy. 

Yea, I had the silver coated one and ended up selling it too. I could never find the bone white version. I’ll admit they took some liberties with the design, but it still had its charm. I’d definitely pick one up if I found it again for a reasonable price. Cooler has been woefully underrepresented in figure form.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, GojiBill said:

Yea, I had the silver coated one and ended up selling it too. I could never find the bone white version. I’ll admit they took some liberties with the design, but it still had its charm. I’d definitely pick one up if I found it again for a reasonable price. Cooler has been woefully underrepresented in figure form.

Yeah I had Mecha Cooler as well. That one was actually not too shabby. When you say "bone white version" Im going to assume you mean Cooler in his original form which to my knowledge was never made from that company. Cooler and most of the movie characters except for Broly, dont get much representation in figure forms ever. The movie villains are some of my all time favorite characters from the series itself. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, EvilHayato said:

Yeah I had Mecha Cooler as well. That one was actually not too shabby. When you say "bone white version" Im going to assume you mean Cooler in his original form which to my knowledge was never made from that company. Cooler and most of the movie characters except for Broly, dont get much representation in figure forms ever. The movie villains are some of my all time favorite characters from the series itself. 

I meant the final form Cooler, but he came out in two colors. The accurate white version and one variant with silver coloring instead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was confused at first until I did a google search. I didnt know there was a silver variant and I just assumed you meant the meta cooler one. I had the regular white version. At the time I bought those figs because the only other options were really cheap japanese figs that were very limited in articulation and werent as readily accessible in the states. These did the job for the time but my tastes visually changed and those became more eyesores than accurate portrayals of my favorite characters. Random fun fact, I actually own an animation cel of Cooler and has been one of my favorite collectibles from dbz. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...






Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE