Sign in to follow this  
007atlas

Black Seris vs SHF

Should I invest in the SHF Anakin Skywalker (Episode III) or wait for the Archive version to release?

The Three things you have to consider is, Price, Scale and Likeness. 

1)When it comes to scale you should consider is how you plan on having him in your collection, I tend to buy most SHF human characters cause I like them better so sizes are more consistent in my display, (for example I have Ep.II Anakin, Ep.II Obi Wan and Padme standing next to a bunch of Black series clone troopers/officers in my display and they look great, but you have to consider that SHF tend to be just a little bit smaller than Black Series, and (SHF Anakin is a little short, specially if you have him next to Black Series Obi Wan).
2) Even though Black series has gotten a hell of a lot better I still think for the most part SHF likeness and face paint is just a little better so if likeness is really important even though with the new black series digital paint has made their figures almost on par with SHF, I still would go for SHF since most of the time they have better sculpts and paint apps in the rest of the figure which makes the figures look more detailed.
2) As for price if you are fine with the Black Series Likeness, and feel you dont need the extra bang that shf usually gives you, black series wins cause they are so much cheaper and easier to get and that way you can get more Black Series figures for the price of one SHF.

Id, I'd personaly go for SHF its an amazing figure, the Archive one coming out looks like its going to a great upgrade but as far as I know the headsculpt is exactly the same as the previous one it just has the improved digital paint, and from having both the previous Black Series and the SHF in hand personaly when you compare both the Black serie's sculpt is a little bit dull and not entirely acurate (thas just my opinion), but in the end consider what you want in your figures and how much of a stickler you are for your collection.

• Thanks 1

Probably depends on your preferences for articulation too.  Obviously you will get more range out of the SHF.  But if that isn't as much of a concern for you then saving some bucks and getting the archive Black Series version might be the way to go.  Personally I'm all for SHF about 95% of the time.

• Thanks 1

For me, it’s all down to budgetary restraints... As well as, my own particular opinion that SHF likenesses aren’t actually that great. So, Black Series it is, for me.

Sign in to follow this  

Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE