Chris McKay To Direct Comic-Book Series 'Reborn' For Netflix

Outsiders

Netflix has announced that the company is developing "Reborn," the comic-book series by Mark Millar and Greg Capullo as a feature film.  Netflix acquired Millar's company, Millarworld in 2017 and since then has been developing projects with Mark and Lucy Millar.

Where do we go when we die? What's waiting for us on the other side? Eighty-year old Bonnie Black finds out when she passes away in a Manhattan hospital and opens her eyes in the world of Adystria, a magical land of monsters and dragons where good and evil are waging an eternal war. Reborn in the prime of her life, she finds all her old friends and loved ones waiting... except the husband who died before her. Armed with a sword and partnered with her late father, she sets off through this battle-torn landscape on a quest to find out where he is.

The feature film is being directed by Chris McKay with Sandra Bullock, Roy Lee and Miri Yoon for Vertigo Entertainment as producers.  Mark Millar and Greg Capullo are executive producers and Samantha Nisenboim as co-producer.

Reborn.jpg

An intriguing concept. Is anyone familiar with the comic series? This is the first I’ve heard of it. I’m assuming it has a strong enough fan base to justify a tv series, even if Netflix has a penchant for green lighting every proposed idea.

I read the series. It wasn't bad but not great either, just my opinion. It didn't wow me or anything but had an interesting story. I mainly got it because I am a fan of Greg Capullo and his art.  I think it will be better as a film than it was a comic.

• Thanks 1

Good to know. I’m assuming this will be animated and not live action. Not sure if the talents are being selected for acting or voice acting.

If it is animated, do you think the comic art style of the series would translate well into animation? What looks amazing still may lose its quality in motion.