New TMNT 1/4 Scale Foot Soldier Image From NECA

JayC

Playmates should just give up. Neca should be the of of the TMNT. They make the best action figures. By far. 

I wish they could go back and release the cartoon figures in 6 7 inch scale in single card. 

5 hours ago, FASVB said:

Playmates should just give up. Neca should be the of of the TMNT. They make the best action figures. By far. 

I wish they could go back and release the cartoon figures in 6 7 inch scale in single card. 

Agreed, Playmates had their time with TMNT, it is time to pass the torch. The original 1980-90s line provided quality and quantity, while the recent 2018 cartoon and both movie lines have been subpar at best. Limited paint apps, poor detailing, etc.

IMO, the 2012 TMNT toyline was the last time Playmates put in any effort. But in all honesty, I’m being selfish and just want my NECA arcade Leatherhead! It is a thing of beauty...

E0682ECE-AD43-48D7-BD08-3ECC36BDEEE3.jpeg

5219DD93-6025-4217-B556-CCEE6F61088C.jpeg

• Like 1

I guess when a company has the license for too long and doesn't really have to make an effort to be better it gets lazy.

If playmates wants to make kid's stuff go ahead. But leave the good ones to those that know how to do it. 

11 hours ago, FASVB said:

I guess when a company has the license for too long and doesn't really have to make an effort to be better it gets lazy.

If playmates wants to make kid's stuff go ahead. But leave the good ones to those that know how to do it. 

I think it has more to do with the state of the industry. I don't see the Playmates Turtle stuff any worse than any other kids line out on the market. In fact Playmates continues to put out some pretty cool vehicles and playsets which many companies dont bother with these days. Also they probably sell far more Turtle product than NECA ever could. From our perspective I agree, it would be nice if a sub license for the adult collector market was created so a company like NECA could do more Turtle stuff, but from a business perspective, if I paid a lot of money for a particular license I wouldn't want any other company playing in my sandbox even if I wasn't putting much effort in a particular segment for that market. I can't  really blame Playmates for not wanting any other US based company making TMNT products.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JayC said:

I think it has more to do with the state of the industry. I don't see the Playmates Turtle stuff any worse than any other kids line out on the market. In fact Playmates continues to put out some pretty cool vehicles and playsets which many companies dont bother with these days. Also they probably sell far more Turtle product than NECA ever could. From our perspective I agree, it would be nice if a sub license for the adult collector market was created so a company like NECA could do more Turtle stuff, but from a business perspective, if I paid a lot of money for a particular license I wouldn't want any other company playing in my sandbox even if I wasn't putting much effort in a particular segment for that market. I can't  really blame Playmates for not wanting any other US based company making TMNT products.

I partially agree, however in the next few years we could be seeing a new Mattel case.  So this begs the question: When does Playmates license expires?  

2 hours ago, KabutoRyder said:

Stupid question I reckon, but how many inches is this scale?

It is a quarter scale figure so it measures  around 18 inches tall. 

Nice looking figure, I dont really collect or have the space for 1/4 scale figure tho.
Seeing these 1/4 scale figures of Shredder and Foot Soldier are releasing later this year, my guess is this year's SDCC TMNT Neca exclusive will be the Dimension X 4 pack, and next  year after these 2 have been released theyll make them in 6" (hopefully by then they make a 1/4 scale Splinter and Casey they can also add to a 6" 4 pack along with these two)

Also I read in another site that apparently someone found in Target's System 2 packs of Neca TMNT 6" figures, if this turns out to be true hopefully this means Neca is planning to release the Cartoon figures in 2 packs like what they did with the movie turtles, Im thinking they could sell 4 2-packs (2 turtles 2-packs and 2 villians 2 packs one with shredder and a foot soldier and another with krang and a foot soldier) or 4 packs of a villian and a turtle on each. Either way I really hope this is true (I'd rather they separate the heroes from villians since I alrready own the SHF turtles, that way I'd only need to get the villians 2 packs, but if its the other way around ill probably end up buying all of them)