Mezco One:12 Collective DC Comics Darkseid Figure Video Review & Images

JayC

Today I take a look at the new DC Comics One:12 Collective Darkseid figure from Mezco Toyz. You can purchase this figure from Megalopolis Toys.

Check out images for this figure below in our GALLERY and let us know what you think about it in the COMMENTS SECTION.

One-12-Collective-Darkseid-Mezco0.jpg

One-12-Collective-Darkseid-Mezco01.jpg

One-12-Collective-Darkseid-Mezco02.jpg

One-12-Collective-Darkseid-Mezco03.jpg

One-12-Collective-Darkseid-Mezco04.jpg

One-12-Collective-Darkseid-Mezco05.jpg

One-12-Collective-Darkseid-Mezco06.jpg

One-12-Collective-Darkseid-Mezco07.jpg

One-12-Collective-Darkseid-Mezco08.jpg

One-12-Collective-Darkseid-Mezco09.jpg

One-12-Collective-Darkseid-Mezco10.jpg

One-12-Collective-Darkseid-Mezco11.jpg

One-12-Collective-Darkseid-Mezco12.jpg

One-12-Collective-Darkseid-Mezco13.jpg

One-12-Collective-Darkseid-Mezco14.jpg

One-12-Collective-Darkseid-Mezco15.jpg

One-12-Collective-Darkseid-Mezco16.jpg

One-12-Collective-Darkseid-Mezco17.jpg

One-12-Collective-Darkseid-Mezco18.jpg

One-12-Collective-Darkseid-Mezco19.jpg

One-12-Collective-Darkseid-Mezco20.jpg

One-12-Collective-Darkseid-Mezco21.jpg

One-12-Collective-Darkseid-Mezco22.jpg

One-12-Collective-Darkseid-Mezco23.jpg

One-12-Collective-Darkseid-Mezco24.jpg

One-12-Collective-Darkseid-Mezco25.jpg

One-12-Collective-Darkseid-Mezco26.jpg

One-12-Collective-Darkseid-Mezco27.jpg

One-12-Collective-Darkseid-Mezco28.jpg

One-12-Collective-Darkseid-Mezco29.jpg

One-12-Collective-Darkseid-Mezco30.jpg

One-12-Collective-Darkseid-Mezco31.jpg

One-12-Collective-Darkseid-Mezco32.jpg

One-12-Collective-Darkseid-Mezco33.jpg

One-12-Collective-Darkseid-Mezco34.jpg

One-12-Collective-Darkseid-Mezco35.jpg

One-12-Collective-Darkseid-Mezco36.jpg

One-12-Collective-Darkseid-Mezco37.jpg

One-12-Collective-Darkseid-Mezco38.jpg

One-12-Collective-Darkseid-Mezco39.jpg

One-12-Collective-Darkseid-Mezco40.jpg

One-12-Collective-Darkseid-Mezco41.jpg

One-12-Collective-Darkseid-Mezco42.jpg

One-12-Collective-Darkseid-Mezco43.jpg

One-12-Collective-Darkseid-Mezco44.jpg

One-12-Collective-Darkseid-Mezco45.jpg

One-12-Collective-Darkseid-Mezco46.jpg

One-12-Collective-Darkseid-Mezco47.jpg

One-12-Collective-Darkseid-Mezco48.jpg

One-12-Collective-Darkseid-Mezco49.jpg

One-12-Collective-Darkseid-Mezco50.jpg

One-12-Collective-Darkseid-Mezco51.jpg

One-12-Collective-Darkseid-Mezco52.jpg

One-12-Collective-Darkseid-Mezco53.jpg

One-12-Collective-Darkseid-Mezco54.jpg

One-12-Collective-Darkseid-Mezco55.jpg

One-12-Collective-Darkseid-Mezco56.jpg

One-12-Collective-Darkseid-Mezco57.jpg

One-12-Collective-Darkseid-Mezco58.jpg

One-12-Collective-Darkseid-Mezco59.jpg

One-12-Collective-Darkseid-Mezco60.jpg

One-12-Collective-Darkseid-Mezco61.jpg

One-12-Collective-Darkseid-Mezco62.jpg

One-12-Collective-Darkseid-Mezco63.jpg

One-12-Collective-Darkseid-Mezco64.jpg

One-12-Collective-Darkseid-Mezco65.jpg

One-12-Collective-Darkseid-Mezco67.jpg

• Like 2

Great review and impressive work done by Mezco. Gotta agree with you, the weakest part was the paint apps on the faces, there could’ve been more. Overall, a great depiction of the Classic Darkseid with some Jack Kirby influence thrown into the clothing designs.

Looks amazing. Too bad I missed the Superman. But the price tag? Uhh as hefty as the figure. 

10 hours ago, yojoebro82 said:

I have to stop looking at reviews of this one.  $180 is way too steep, and I've been gravitating more and more to this high end stuff lately.  I have to cut myself off!

They can show me any reviews they want. That won't change the fact I'm not crazy enough to spend almost 200 bucks on a single action figure.

9 hours ago, mako said:

They can show me any reviews they want. That won't change the fact I'm not crazy enough to spend almost 200 bucks on a single action figure.

I feel ya. I love collecting figures and it’s great how detailed the offerings have become since when I was a kid. That said, I cannot convince myself to spend over $150 for a 6-8 figure. I’m a huge Godzilla fan and I can’t even bring myself to buy the higher-end X-Plus or Monsterarts that range from $75-350 per figure. I would love to, but I’m far too cheap to make that purchase.

That’s why I usually go with NECA, Diamond Select, and Hasbro. They’re within my price range and usually offer quality goods.

1 hour ago, GojiBill said:

I feel ya. I love collecting figures and it’s great how detailed the offerings have become since when I was a kid. That said, I cannot convince myself to spend over $150 for a 6-8 figure. I’m a huge Godzilla fan and I can’t even bring myself to buy the higher-end X-Plus or Monsterarts that range from $75-350 per figure. I would love to, but I’m far too cheap to make that purchase.

That’s why I usually go with NECA, Diamond Select, and Hasbro. They’re within my price range and usually offer quality goods.

I have not yet gone THAT price for THAT scale.  Yet.  And in a perfect world I'll keep it that way.

I've been dipping into the $60ish figures lately, a little here and there with Mezco, Figuarts, and Mafex and all for what I feel is a very good reason.  I don't want to go down that slippery slope, though.

17 minutes ago, yojoebro82 said:

I have not yet gone THAT price for THAT scale.  Yet.  And in a perfect world I'll keep it that way.

I've been dipping into the $60ish figures lately, a little here and there with Mezco, Figuarts, and Mafex and all for what I feel is a very good reason.  I don't want to go down that slippery slope, though.

Copy that, my comfort zone is the $20-30 range. I’ll venture into $40-50 for the larger, harder to find, or more unique items. No problem dropping a couple hundred on the wife and kids for gifts, but it’s another story when it comes to getting stuff for myself.

9 minutes ago, GojiBill said:

Copy that, my comfort zone is the $20-30 range. I’ll venture into $40-50 for the larger, harder to find, or more unique items. No problem dropping a couple hundred on the wife and kids for gifts, but it’s another story when it comes to getting stuff for myself.

I bought a Mezco Aquaman and a Mafex Dark Knight Joker recently.  I seem to gravitate toward high end DC stuff.  Marvel Legends, I feel are on par with those pricey imports, but DC does not have a toy producer--be it Mattel or DC Collectibles--that is comparable to Hasbro's quality.  

All the same, Mattel made a pretty good Darkseid BAF so I just have to keep reminding myself I have it and be happy.

13 minutes ago, yojoebro82 said:

I bought a Mezco Aquaman and a Mafex Dark Knight Joker recently.  I seem to gravitate toward high end DC stuff.  Marvel Legends, I feel are on par with those pricey imports, but DC does not have a toy producer--be it Mattel or DC Collectibles--that is comparable to Hasbro's quality.  

All the same, Mattel made a pretty good Darkseid BAF so I just have to keep reminding myself I have it and be happy.

Quality DC options have been limited recently, so I understand. The Mattel DCUC series from a few years back was a solid line, it’s unfortunate that they didn’t maintain the momentum.

Thankfully, as a Marvel and Godzilla fan, I have a few cheaper options. Marvel Legends can be hit or miss, but  they’ve been delivering recently, especially on their BAFs. So long as I have those alternatives, I can justify staying in the collecting game.

48 minutes ago, GojiBill said:

Quality DC options have been limited recently, so I understand. The Mattel DCUC series from a few years back was a solid line, it’s unfortunate that they didn’t maintain the momentum.

They're making some strides lately but there's still room for improvement.  I love their Aquaman movie figures and their new line with TV Flash and Wonder Woman is promising, but it still seems their stuff comes out at a snail's pace.  My Targets are just getting Clayface wave figures.  That's a one year old wave!