New King Kong vs. Godzilla 6" Godzilla Figure Images From NECA

JayC

NECA has released new images for their upcoming King Kong vs. Godzilla 6" Godzilla. You can pre-order the figure now from BigBadToyStore.com.

This version of the beloved monster is based on the 1962 movie King Kong vs. Godzilla. The figure measures 6" tall and 12" long from head to tail. It features over 30 points of articulation, including an articulated tail!

1962-Godzilla-NECA-01.jpg

1962-Godzilla-NECA-02.jpg

1962-Godzilla-NECA-03.jpg

1962-Godzilla-NECA-04.jpg

1962-Godzilla-NECA-05.jpg

1962-Godzilla-NECA-06.jpg

1962-Godzilla-NECA-07.jpg

1962-Godzilla-NECA-08.jpg

1962-Godzilla-NECA-09.jpg

• Like 2

10 hours ago, sXeblues said:

Oh wow — I love the look of this guy! ?

Agree, easily the best looking G from NECA so far. Based on the promo shots, many feel NECA beat out Monsterarts this time around and I agree. The price point alone beats out Monsterarts, $30 vs $100. Plus the planned packaging is beautiful.

A7E6E943-0E1F-4300-AAA9-EB8C4B7AB975.jpeg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HalfOrk said:

Will they do Kong? We need to have the other that appears on the title. 

As of right now, NECA only has the license for Godzilla (all movies) and KotM 2019 Monsters (King Ghidorah, Mothra, Rodan). However, NECA met with Toho directly a while back and cleared up some matters that were being muddled up by the middleman- WB. NECA has reported that the relationship and communication has improved greatly since the meeting, so they may enventually get access to other Toho monsters.

Unfortunately, that wouldn’t include other big movie monsters like Kong and Gamera, but the continued success of the Classic Godzilla line may push NECA to expand on their licensing and pick the other monsters up. Lanard Toys had the license for Kong: Skull Island (Legendary’s Monsterverse Kong), but I’m not sure if that will continue forward with the other movies, Godzilla vs Kong - 2020.

4352CD53-814E-41D2-9A0B-813A747E67DD.jpeg

Something about this figure seems off. But maybe it's accurate to the source material. The face just seems a little wide or something. Can't put my finger on it. I wonder if he'd square off well against the Mezco King Kong they released recently. 

On 1/23/2019 at 11:49 AM, Thinwheat said:

Something about this figure seems off. But maybe it's accurate to the source material. The face just seems a little wide or something. Can't put my finger on it. I wonder if he'd square off well against the Mezco King Kong they released recently. 

G62 had a rather unique design (which I love). IMO it’s pretty close to the actual suit design.

In regards to the Mezco Kong, unless NECA is increasing its usual scale for their line, I think the Kong is gonna be a tad too big to pair up. I haven’t found any images to confirm this. The Monsterarts Peter Jackson Kong seems to scale better with the NECA figures.

I still plan on getting the Mezco Kong, because it looks amazing. Especially for $35-40.

99866408-AF78-4569-A2C1-C139DE7A83AC.jpeg

3CEDB495-16BC-47C6-BD20-85DEBA5AE4A3.jpeg

• Like 1

On 1/25/2019 at 10:18 PM, GojiBill said:

G62 had a rather unique design (which I love). IMO it’s pretty close to the actual suit design.

In regards to the Mezco Kong, unless NECA is increasing its usual scale for their line, I think the Kong is gonna be a tad too big to pair up. I haven’t found any images to confirm this. The Monsterarts Peter Jackson Kong seems to scale better with the NECA figures.

I still plan on getting the Mezco Kong, because it looks amazing. Especially for $35-40.

99866408-AF78-4569-A2C1-C139DE7A83AC.jpeg

3CEDB495-16BC-47C6-BD20-85DEBA5AE4A3.jpeg

Cool, it looks like they nailed it then! 

That's a shame that Kong won't scale well with him. Still looking for a good pair up of the two. 

4 hours ago, Thinwheat said:

Cool, it looks like they nailed it then! 

That's a shame that Kong won't scale well with him. Still looking for a good pair up of the two. 

Yea, I haven’t seen it first hand, but reviewers have compared the new Mezco Kong to Monsterarts Godzillas in their videos. His width makes him appear larger than the Godzillas despite the similar height.

The average Monsterarts is usually equivalent in size to the NECAs. One reviewer did point out that the Mezco Kong scales well with the Monsterarts Godzilla 1989. Its larger size matches well with the new Mezco.

I am hopeful that NECA will snag the licenses for the Godzilla vs. Kong 2020 film.

• 3 weeks later...