New Year, New TNI Forum Contest For $100 Store Credit

JayC

It's a new year and what better way to kick things off than allowing someone from our Message Boards to win a $100 store credit to either BigBadToyStore.com or Megalopolis.Toys. You can also participate in the 2018 TNI Toy Awards Round 1 Voting process and be entered for this drawing.

If you win you get to choose which TNI sponsor between the two you want to spend the credit at.

The winner for the last contest was SpiderS.

Here is what you have to do in order to be entered for a chance to win this week.

1. You have to be a registered member of the TNI Message Boards.

2. Any contributing post made ANYWHERE in THIS SECTION or THIS STAR WARS SECTION of the forums between today (01/04) and January 20 will get you entered into our drawing for the store credit. Every contributing post you make will get you an entry in the drawing, so the more you post the better your chances of winning are. Posts must be contributing to the topic or discussion though. ONE WORD posts or posts deemed as SPAM will not be counted towards the drawing. A good rule of thumb is to post how you would normally post if there was no contest.

As an ADDED BONUS, if you help us spread the word about this contest on your favorite social media platform or group and you comment in this thread that you did so, you will automatically receive 3 additional entries into the drawing which will help your chances to win. Helping spread the word about the contest helps grow this community which is in large part something that we feel will benefit all. Now since we have no real way of knowing if you actually help spread the word for this, we are going to have to go on the honor system with this part and take your word for it if you indicate you've done so. However please feel free to tag @ToyNewsInterna1 on Twitter and @ToyNewsi on Instagram when you spread the word.

The drawing will be held on Monday, January 21, 2019 and the winner will be contacted by JayC via PM on the message boards that day. Once the winner has claimed their price we will also announce the winner on the forums as well.

Our goal is to create the ultimate online action figure collecting community and this contest is our way of saying thank you for checking us out and being part of that community. Good luck to everyone.

1 of 1
  • Thanks 1

Hey guys keep participating on the forums and keeping it running. You will have a chance. Don't give up. Good luck to you all. 

Its always good to keep the forums alive, even if you dont get rewarded, you are still enjoying the community and its discussions. I shared the love. Untitled.thumb.jpg.e2b3ecc2936e4611187016c4f612a798.jpg

I don’t feel like I fully grasp the rules of these contests... As, from the way it’s described, you’d assume that folks who post in all of the applicable areas, and go to the extent of spreading the word on these forums, as well as each of the respective contests, would get a submission in for each and every post they make, as well as three extra for sharing the board, into the overall shebang. I know that I’ve done this quite a bit, being fairly active on the board. And I’ve equally observed a few others that have, too.

Yet, the last couple of winners seem to only have made one or two posts here or there, made no real effort to share information about the forums — unless I’m missing something — and not been very active on them, overall. I get that the bottom line is that it’s all supposed to be random. But, the odds, and the presumption, based upon the description of the contest rules, suggest to me that far less is actually more. Rather than the other way ‘round, where the more active you are, the higher the odds are that you may win. So, maybe I ought to dial everything I do here back to a single post or two, in the alotted time, this time around.

Not that the contests are the only reason I’m here. Anybody who’s interacted with me here on the forums should get a clear picture of that. But, I’m also not going to lie and say that the $100 carrot on a stick isn’t in any way influencing me. Like anybody else, especially all of the freak accounts that only drum up and make singular posts at contest time, that prize is a grand one indeed, to me. On my budget of no more than $20-$40 a month that I can spend on figures, you can bet that I’m left chomping at the bit to take a win, one of these days. But, the odds and structure of it all feel a bit off, to me. And, even if it happens to have a negative impact on my chances of winning, I’m not going to censor my thoughts and criticisms on it.

But, suffice to say, best of luck to all, whatever the case may be.

That all being said... Here, once again, are a couple of posts sharing the forums and contest info on both my social media and Youtube Community accounts.

29B5432F-1F6B-4F4C-A954-412E490DD9B1.jpeg

EEA701CE-FD9C-41D9-A18F-7EA61095FD7A.jpeg

• Like 1

13 hours ago, sXeblues said:

I don’t feel like I fully grasp the rules of these contests... As, from the way it’s described, you’d assume that folks who post in all of the applicable areas, and go to the extent of spreading the word on these forums, as well as each of the respective contests, would get a submission in for each and every post they make, as well as three extra for sharing the board, into the overall shebang. I know that I’ve done this quite a bit, being fairly active on the board. And I’ve equally observed a few others that have, too.

Yet, the last couple of winners seem to only have made one or two posts here or there, made no real effort to share information about the forums — unless I’m missing something — and not been very active on them, overall. I get that the bottom line is that it’s all supposed to be random. But, the odds, and the presumption, based upon the description of the contest rules, suggest to me that far less is actually more. Rather than the other way ‘round, where the more active you are, the higher the odds are that you may win. So, maybe I ought to dial everything I do here back to a single post or two, in the alotted time, this time around.

Not that the contests are the only reason I’m here. Anybody who’s interacted with me here on the forums should get a clear picture of that. But, I’m also not going to lie and say that the $100 carrot on a stick isn’t in any way influencing me. Like anybody else, especially all of the freak accounts that only drum up and make singular posts at contest time, that prize is a grand one indeed, to me. On my budget of no more than $20-$40 a month that I can spend on figures, you can bet that I’m left chomping at the bit to take a win, one of these days. But, the odds and structure of it all feel a bit off, to me. And, even if it happens to have a negative impact on my chances of winning, I’m not going to censor my thoughts and criticisms on it.

But, suffice to say, best of luck to all, whatever the case may be.

I know how you feel man. The one time posters and the multiple curiously "new" accounts that pop up everytime there is a contest always feels shady. I just think its better to not focus on it and not become one of those guys that tries too hard to get it. Just keep doing what you are doing. The amazing thing is the fact that JayC puts up these contests constantly so your chances of being a winner are always greatly increased. Also they do it over at the marvel part of this forum as well if you like marvel things. But never be like our past pals that we have conveniently not seen since that have a one sentence response in EVERY post for 3 pages. That just comes off as foolish and annoying. Good luck! 

• Like 1

I like these contest it's a nice thank you to those in the community who are passionate collectors and spread news about these forums. I made an account on here a month ago and have been enjoying some of the toy reviews that I've seen. I especially love the toy photography, shout out to those doing the A.C.B.A.?