Mortal Kombat VS Series 1/12 Scale Scorpion (Fatality/Bloody Edition) Tease From Storm Collectibles

JayC

Storm Collectibles has released this image of what looks to be some kind of Mortal Kombat VS Series 1/12 Scale Scorpion (Fatality/Bloody Edition) vairant. No details have been given so we will have to wait and see exactly what this is for but looks pretty cool.

1 of 1

Man. I just wish that they rerelease the regular Scorpion and Subzero. It's all I need. 

This is a win win for me. IF this means its a re release of Scorpion with new blood effects included or if this is just blood effects in general I will be happy. Their MK figs dont come with hardly any blood effects which is weird considering they are Mortal Kombat characters where blood is synonymous with the IP. This is very exciting. I hope its a Scorpion with extra blood effects but I will take either as long as the price is right. 

Also where was this posted? I dont see it on their twitter or their facebook pages. 

WELL ... I figured out this picture. Its for Baraka. These are the effects you get when you do his scissors move in the game. You can even see one of his blades in the picture. Its a teaser for Barakas accessories. Dont get your hopes up for a re release of Scorpion. :( pretty bummed about that but nice that we ll be getting more blood effects at least. 

17 hours ago, JayC said:

You mean re-release cause those where the first two figures they did.

Yep re-release or re-issue. I just need those two. 

10 hours ago, EvilHayato said:

WELL ... I figured out this picture. Its for Baraka. These are the effects you get when you do his scissors move in the game. You can even see one of his blades in the picture. Its a teaser for Barakas accessories. Dont get your hopes up for a re release of Scorpion. :( pretty bummed about that but nice that we ll be getting more blood effects at least. 

Storm just released the full images for the Baraka figure. 

Come one man. We have to be hopeful. What is the alternative? 

So turns out the bloody Scorpion image Storm Collectibles released yesterday really had nothing to do with Scorpion but was showing off a bloody effect piece that will be included with their upcoming Baraka figure. The bloody piece can basically be used on any figure so that it looks like Baraka is going to town on them with his blades. See official images and info for Baraka below.

BARAKA led the attack against Liu Kang’s Shaolin Temple and he belongs to a nomadic race of mutants living in the waste-lands of the Outworld. Baraka fighting skills gained the attention of Shao Kahn who recruited him into his army. As a kontestant in the Mortal Kombat tournament, he will ensure his emperor’s claim to Earthrealm.

Features:
- Interchanging Head Sculpt x 2
- Interchanging Blade x 2 pairs
- Interchanging hands x 4 pairs
- Blade Spark Effect
- Injuried Effect x 2 pairs

Baraka-01.jpg

Baraka-02.jpg

Baraka-03.jpg

Baraka-04.jpg

Baraka-05.jpg

Baraka-06.jpg

Baraka-07.jpg

Baraka-08.jpg

Baraka-09.jpg

Baraka-10.jpg

Baraka-11.jpg

47 minutes ago, FASVB said:

Storm just released the full images for the Baraka figure. 

Come one man. We have to be hopeful. What is the alternative? 

The alternative is paying scalper prices of $300 for him XD But seriously Im in the same boat, I need Scorpion too. Him and Sub Zero are the staple characters of the series, youd think theyd be smart and re-release them due to such a short supply of them but its an import company and Ive never really heard any imports being re-released. 

• Like 1

giphy.gif      Also it seems they are indeed raising the prices yet again. $70 for him... from $50 when Sub/Scorp came out to now... thats not a fun inflation. 

58 minutes ago, EvilHayato said:

The alternative is paying scalper prices of $300 for him XD But seriously Im in the same boat, I need Scorpion too. Him and Sub Zero are the staple characters of the series, youd think theyd be smart and re-release them due to such a short supply of them but its an import company and Ive never really heard any imports being re-released. 

Tamashii Nations does that from time to time and Figma always does it if the pre-orders sell out quick enough.  So it is not unheard. The only thing that we can do is keep asking them for it. In nowhere is written that they only make single run figures like Mezco does. 

3 hours ago, FASVB said:

Tamashii Nations does that from time to time and Figma always does it if the pre-orders sell out quick enough.  So it is not unheard. The only thing that we can do is keep asking them for it. In nowhere is written that they only make single run figures like Mezco does. 

I figured it wasnt unheard of and since they are a relatively new company, they are still working out the kinks. Who knows, maybe they ll do a greatest hit release for those that missed out on their very first products. Not like they dont have enough of those molds or anything. XD 

• Like 1