Spin Master Announces Three-Year Toy Licensing Agreement With Warner Bros. Consumer Products - What Does It Mean For DC Comic Action Figures? DC Comics

JayC

I'm not truly satisfied with either camp, but if I were to grade strictly on execution of the lines themselves, I'd have to give it to Spin Masters. They just seem to be doing more with what they've been given.

MacF seems to be leveraging a lot on his reputation (deserved or not), and on the popularity of the license itself, NOT on the products themselves. In short, he's half-@$$ing it. (Yeah, I said it. Flame if you must.)

Still holding out hope Spin Masters does a six inch line ala what Jazwares is doing with Fortnite. We'll see.

3 hours ago, mako said:

I'm not truly satisfied with either camp, but if I were to grade strictly on execution of the lines themselves, I'd have to give it to Spin Masters. They just seem to be doing more with what they've been given.

MacF seems to be leveraging a lot on his reputation (deserved or not), and on the popularity of the license itself, NOT on the products themselves. In short, he's half-@$$ing it. (Yeah, I said it. Flame if you must.)

Still holding out hope Spin Masters does a six inch line ala what Jazwares is doing with Fortnite. We'll see.

I think its much easier and takes less time to make basic stuff like this than it does the more articulated collector stuff. I don't think half-@$$ing is an accurate interpretation for the McFarlane stuff. I think rushed might be a more accurate assessment. They had less than a year to have this stuff done and ready for market. For an action figure line like that, less than a year is not a lot of time. The McFarlane stuff is not perfect but nor is it horrible either but I will wait and see what comes after this when they've had some more time to put into it and see if it gets better or worse before making any final judgements.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, mako said:

Spinmasters should do the DC movie figures in 6" scale, but a lot of the upcoming movies have adult themes.

4" Batman "Caped Crusader" and non Batman "Heroes Unite" figures from Spin Master. We saw the Batman yesterday but grouping them all together. For non-Batman we have in the first wave Rebirth Superman, Superman (Black Costume), Shazam, The Flash and Cyborg.

Spin-Master-4Inch-Batman-01.jpg

Spin-Master-4Inch-Batman-02.jpg

Spin-Master-4Inch-Batman-03.jpg

Spin-Master-4Inch-Batman-Vs-Claface-01.jpg

Spin-Master-4Inch-Batman-Vs-Claface-02.jpg

Spin-Master-4Inch-Batman-Vs-Claface-03.jpg

Spin-Master-4Inch-Batman-Vs-Claface-04.jpg

Spin-Master-4Inch-Batman-Vs-Claface-05.jpg

Spin-Master-4Inch-Batman-Vs-Claface-06.jpg

Spin-Master-4Inch-Cyborg-01.jpg

Spin-Master-4Inch-Cyborg-02.jpg

Spin-Master-4Inch-Flash-01.jpg

Spin-Master-4Inch-Flash-02.jpg

Spin-Master-4Inch-Gold-Batman-01.jpg

Spin-Master-4Inch-Gold-Batman-02.jpg

Spin-Master-4Inch-Gold-Batman-03.jpg

Spin-Master-4Inch-Gold-Batman-04.jpg

Spin-Master-4Inch-Joker-01.jpg

Spin-Master-4Inch-Joker-02.jpg

Spin-Master-4Inch-Joker-03.jpg

Spin-Master-4Inch-Manbat-01.jpg

Spin-Master-4Inch-Manbat-02.jpg

Spin-Master-4Inch-Manbat-03.jpg

Spin-Master-4Inch-Nightwing-01.jpg

Spin-Master-4Inch-Nightwing-02.jpg

Spin-Master-4Inch-Nightwing-03.jpg

Spin-Master-4Inch-Nightwing-04.jpg

Spin-Master-4Inch-Robin-01.jpg

Spin-Master-4Inch-Robin-02.jpg

Spin-Master-4Inch-Robin-03.jpg

Spin-Master-4Inch-Shazam-01.jpg

Spin-Master-4Inch-Shazam-02.jpg

Spin-Master-4Inch-Superman-01.jpg

Spin-Master-4Inch-Superman-02.jpg

Spin-Master-4Inch-Superman-Black-Costume-01.jpg

Spin-Master-4Inch-Superman-Black-Costume-02.jpg

Spin-Master-4Inch-Tactical-Batman-01.jpg

Spin-Master-4Inch-Tactical-Batman-02.jpg

Spin-Master-4Inch-Tactical-Batman-03.jpg

34 minutes ago, Neovorticism2 said:

Good to see they have more characters than Batman and Batman related characters. I still can't understand what's the big deal with the blind bag accesories.

I like the black suit Supes, although it lacks the mullet haircut and I don't recall him having a beard.

I don't get the blind accessory thing either but there is probably some study or stat that says that makes it more appealing to kids. I am pretty sure there was a time when he first emerged in the black suit he was unshaven. Maybe not full on beard but close enough I guess.

Im honestly very excited for the 4 inch line. That’s the size I liked collecting in before but had to switch to 6 inch since both DC and Marvel quit making 4 inch lines. Hoping to see more reveals for this line and hoping for some girls. 

Besides regular 4" DC Comics figures, Spin Masters will be releasing a line of 4" Deluxe figures. We showed you the Man-Bat figure the other day, but now we have additional looks at that one and a second King Shark figure. These are said to have 11 points of articulation each. There will also be a regular version of King Shark released as a Target store exclusive. Check out images for both of these deluxe figures below.

BATMAN, 4-Inch MAN-BAT Action Figure
Epic missions begin with the BATMAN 4-Inch Action Figures! Join BATMAN'S enemy, the evil MAN-BAT on an exciting mission! Will you find a Carnival Chaos, Harbor Defender, Sky Detective or Arkham Asylum Escape mission? Open the box to discover your mission on a collector card and three mystery accessories hidden in compartments! Find gauntlets, shields, blasters and more, plus one Batgear accessory in every pack to help build the Ultimate Armor BATMAN! Reveal accessories (including rare and super rare) that match your mission's theme in material finishes like translucent, neon, shiny titanium and metallic. Armed with his mission-specific accessories, help MAN-BAT battle against the heroes of GOTHAM CITY! With a highly detailed sculpt and 11 points of articulation, you can pose your figure any way you want! Each 4-inch BATMAN articulated action figure also comes with a collector's guide, so you can easily keep track of your collection. Expand your action figure collection with BATMAN, THE JOKER, ROBIN and more (each sold separately) and use your imagination to create your own superhero and villain adventures! The fate of GOTHAM CITY is in your hands. Bring the excitement of BATMAN to life with the 4-Inch Action Figures!

BATMAN, 4-Inch KING SHARK Mega Gear Deluxe Action Figure
Power up for the ultimate battle with the deluxe KING SHARK 4-Inch Mega Gear Action Figure! Join the menacing KING SHARK for battle against GOTHAM CITY'S CAPED CRUSADER, BATMAN, with transforming Mega Gear armor! This deluxe 4-inch KING SHARK action figure toy is highly detailed, with 11 points of articulation for you to pose any way you want. Get your figure ready for battle and simply slide the Mega Gear armor onto your figure. To activate KING SHARK's Mega Gear, press the back to make his blaster blades transform and drop down, destroying anything that gets in his way! For even more epic storytelling play, add the 4-inch Mega Gear BATMAN to your collection (sold separately)! Gear up for battle with the KING SHARK 4-Inch Mega Gear Action Figure!

Spin-Masters-King-Shark-Deluxe-01.jpg

Spin-Masters-King-Shark-Deluxe-02.jpg

Spin-Masters-King-Shark-Deluxe-03.jpg

Spin-Masters-King-Shark-Deluxe-04.jpg

Spin-Masters-King-Shark-Deluxe-05.jpg

Spin-Masters-King-Shark-Deluxe-06.jpg

Spin-Masters-Man-Bat-Deluxe-01.jpg

Spin-Masters-Man-Bat-Deluxe-02.jpg

Spin-Masters-Man-Bat-Deluxe-03.jpg

Spin-Masters-Man-Bat-Deluxe-04.jpg

Spin-Masters-Man-Bat-Deluxe-05.jpg

I think that was a very smart move to separate the more kid oriented toys and the collectibles.  

Spin Masters continues to churn out the characters for their new DC Comics 4" line of action figures. This time with a new three pack titled "Swamp Showdown" that features variant Batman and Robin figures as well as a new Killer Croc one. Shown below is an image of the set found out in the wild via Dewey Manimal System. Thanks to tycondriusfitz for the heads up.

Killer-Croc-DC-Spin-Master.jpg

3 hours ago, JayC said:

Spin Masters continues to churn out the characters for their new DC Comics 4" line of action figures. This time with a new three pack titled "Swamp Showdown" that features variant Batman and Robin figures as well as a new Killer Croc one. Shown below is an image of the set found out in the wild via Dewey Manimal System. Thanks to tycondriusfitz for the heads up.

Killer-Croc-DC-Spin-Master.jpg

That looks like an Oakland Athletics Batman

• 2 weeks later...

I saw these at Target today and I kind of liked the look of them, not enough to collect them, but still for toys aimed at kids they look pretty good. If they tweaked the torso a little bit and added some articulation these would be a whole lot better.

5 hours ago, Goldbug said:

some more pics have showed up from an Indonesian retailer on Facebook

grodd.jpg

Spin-Master-Aquaman-Vs-Black-Manta-Battle-Pack-01.jpg

Spin-Master-Aquaman-Vs-Black-Manta-Battle-Pack.jpg

Whether you like these figures or not, you gotta give Spin Master credit for coming up with such a diverse range of characters right out the gate.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, JayC said:

Whether you like these figures or not, you gotta give Spin Master credit for coming up with such a diverse range of characters right out the gate.

they look great  and seeing  killer mouth   make me want to see him made in the new mcfarlane  line