Jump to content
Outsiders

Ian Ziering Joins DC Universe's 'Swamp Thing' As 'Blue Devil'

Recommended Posts

Ian Ziering has joined the cast of Swamp Thing in a recurring guest star as DC character Blue Devil, a stuntman turned hero who fights occult evil. The Warners series described the character as “Stuntman turned movie star, Daniel Cassidy became semi-famous after playing the demonic Blue Devil. But now, eight years later, Cassidy finds himself living out his days in frustration, pining for his former fame while on a collision course with destiny.”

The DC Universe series, now in production, stars Crystal Reed as Abby Arcane, a young woman who investigates what seems to be a deadly swamp-born virus in a small town in Louisiana but soon discovers that the swamp holds mystical and terrifying secrets.

The DC Universe series being exec produced by James Wan along with Mark Verheiden, Gary Dauberman, Michael Clear and Len Wiseman. The show is based on DC characters created by Len Wein and Bernie Wrightson.

Source: THR

Ian-Ziering-Blue-Devil.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Belmont13 said:

This is an odd if not interesting choice, would have preferred Ron Pearlman but oh well.

Ron is great, but the man is getting up in age (68 I believe). He can still act with the best of them, but these physical roles may be too much for him, especially when planning for long term tv series roles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Belmont13 said:

This is an odd if not interesting choice, would have preferred Ron Pearlman but oh well.

Ron Perlman?  Are you kidding me? Daniel Cassidy is a slim, young stunt man. The Perl is definitely not. I can't think of a lamer casting than a Hellboy clone. Sounds to me that you aren't familiar at all with the character Blue Devil. smh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The question is, is he going to be made up to look like the Blue Devil? Or, will he only be the Blue Devil in name only, and just look like a regular dude?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, sXeblues said:

The question is, is he going to be made up to look like the Blue Devil? Or, will he only be the Blue Devil in name only, and just look like a regular dude?

I'm guessing it'll be both.  Swamp Thing's showrunner is James Wan, and if Aquaman is any indication, he wouldn't shy away from making Ian Ziering look like Blue Devil.  But I also don't think he'll be in makeup the whole time he's on screen.  Guessing he either won't start off that way, or he'll transform into the Blue Devil when necessary.
Also, is there any indication he's joining as a series regular or will he just be in one episode?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/12/2018 at 8:16 PM, GojiBill said:

Ron is great, but the man is getting up in age (68 I believe). He can still act with the best of them, but these physical roles may be too much for him, especially when planning for long term tv series roles.

You bring a valid point, the role can be physically demanding and I can see why they might want to go with a younger face, I guess part of me is still sad about the Guillermo Del Toro Justice League Dark movie that never materialized. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Belmont13 said:

You bring a valid point, the role can be physically demanding and I can see why they might want to go with a younger face, I guess part of me is still sad about the Guillermo Del Toro Justice League Dark movie that never materialized. 

Yea, Ron has always been a good creature actor, able to emote under the  makeup. Unfortunately, I think those days are behind him. Still has a future with his voice acting. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Satam said:

I'm guessing it'll be both.  Swamp Thing's showrunner is James Wan, and if Aquaman is any indication, he wouldn't shy away from making Ian Ziering look like Blue Devil.  But I also don't think he'll be in makeup the whole time he's on screen.  Guessing he either won't start off that way, or he'll transform into the Blue Devil when necessary.

That makes sense... I could easily see their doing it that way.

2 hours ago, Satam said:

Also, is there any indication he's joining as a series regular or will he just be in one episode?

The above post does note his being cast as a ‘recurring guest star’... So, I’m assuming he’ll pop in and out, here and there. But, how often will remain to be seen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...






Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE