Paramount Releasing 'Sonic The Hedgehog' In Late 2019; Teaser Poster

Outsiders

Paramount Pictures have announced they are bringing 'Sonic The Hedgehog' to the big-screen on November 8th, 2019.  The movie currently stars cast includes James Marsden, Ben Schwartz, Natasha Rothwell, Tika Sumpter, Neal McDonough, Adam Pally and Jim Carrey.  No word if the movie will be animated or live-action CGI.

The film is being directed by Jeff Fowler and Dmitri Johnson and Dan Evans will co-produce, Neal H. Moritz, Toru Nakahara, Takeshi Ito will produce and Hajime Satomi, Haruki Satomi, Masanao Maeda, Nan Morales, Toby Ascher, Tim Miller will executive produce.

sonic_the_hedgehog_xlg.jpg

I cant wait to not see this in theaters and just watch everyones reactions that do see it. Whoever is at Sega that controls Sonics public image is like drunk half the time or something. The ish they have approved in the past decade has been so perplexing, its no wonder they didnt sell. And here I thought Sega was finally coming back with a bang with their last sonic games. If anything, this movie is going to have some hilarious and spicy memes come out of it. 

• Like 1

I have no idea what to make of this, growing up I was always more of a Nintendo/Mario kind of guy, I don't think I ever sat down and played a Sonic game in its entirety so I have no love for the character. Nowadays everyone wants to adapt a character in live action, even Disney is remaking their animated movies in live action so this is just meh to me.

3 hours ago, GojiBill said:

I’m just enjoying the Internet’s reaction to this movie poster. It has been incredibly entertaining.

That is definitely the best part. It is super weird to see even a silhouette of Sonic with Human like proportions and muscles. I cant wait to see what he ends up looking like..  I feel like its going to be cringey-er than anything off of Sonic OCs from DeviantArt. 

• Like 1

There is a disturbance in the Force... I can feel it. And, it may just be the fact that this thing is actually happening. I honestly dunno whether to laugh or cry, at this point.

1 hour ago, GojiBill said:

This one is just...just wrong

BDF68420-4CA1-4FDC-B2CA-266D8E89F9E5.jpeg

What Sonic would look like if he ran for president in 2016?

1 hour ago, GojiBill said:

I have yet to confirm if this one is legitimate...

0D473903-DFA0-426B-BF08-0B860BA65D31.jpeg

This one I wouldn’t mind so much, if it’s legit... But it’s really giving me Smurfs vibes.

On 12/14/2018 at 7:10 PM, sXeblues said:

What Sonic would look like if he ran for president in 2016?

This one I wouldn’t mind so much, if it’s legit... But it’s really giving me Smurfs vibes.

In regards to 1st one - Not gonna lie, there is a resemblance.

As for the other, if it goes the way of Smurfs, Yogi Bear, or Woody Woodpecker, it’s dead in the water.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

He’s a whole new speed of hero. Watch the new trailer for Sonic The Hedgehog, in theatres this November.

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG is a live-action adventure comedy based on the global blockbuster videogame franchise from Sega that centers on the infamously brash bright blue hedgehog. The film follows the (mis)adventures of Sonic as he navigates the complexities of life on Earth with his newfound – human – best friend Tom Wachowski (James Marsden). Sonic and Tom join forces to try and stop the villainous Dr. Robotnik (Jim Carrey) from capturing Sonic and using his immense powers for world domination. The film also stars Tika Sumpter and Ben Schwartz as the voice of Sonic.

Looks like it could be fun. Granted, seeing Jim Carrey chewing the scenery like his name still meant something in Hollywierd is kinda sad, but it looks fun.

I'll put this alongside Detective Pikachu on my list of movies I'll look for on Netflix.

Apparently fans weren't happy with the way the Sega video game character Sonic The Hedgehog looked in the new trailer for the upcoming live-action movie from Paramount so changes are going to be made, at least according to the movie's director Jeff Fowler who tweeted the following today.

That is like a billion dollar decision.. I hope it pays off for them because if not, sega and paramount just lost a fudge ton of money. And the memes will only get stronger XD. Also I m not quite sure its just sonic that is not looking good.. the overall movie story doesnt look intriguing.