Mortal Kombat 11 - Announcement Trailer - Warning this trailer is very graphic in nature.

Outsiders

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment today announced Mortal Kombat 11, the newest game in the award-winning franchise. The official Mortal Kombat 11 Announce Trailer sets the stage for an epic, time bending story and features an original music track created in collaboration with multi-platinum selling rapper 21 Savage. Mortal Kombat 11 is developed by award-winning NetherRealm Studios and is scheduled for release beginning April 23, 2019 for PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, PlayStation®4 Pro computer entertainment system, the Xbox One family of devices including the Xbox One X, Nintendo Switch™ system and PC.

The song by 21 Savage featured in the trailer is titled “Immortal” and overlays scenes of an epic battle between two iconic characters, Dark Raiden and Scorpion, with a tease of a new character who is at the center of Mortal Kombat 11’s story.

Mortal Kombat 11 will make its first gameplay debut at Mortal Kombat 11: The Reveal, a highly experiential, community celebration of Mortal Kombat, taking place at 11 a.m. PST on Jan. 17, 2019 in Los Angeles and 7 p.m. UTC in London. Mortal Kombat 11: The Reveal will be livestreamed globally at www.twitch.tv/NetherRealm and will feature a keynote presented by NetherRealm Studios. The event will also include the first opportunity for hands-on with Mortal Kombat 11 gameplay, tournaments and other Mortal Kombat themed activities.    

Mortal Kombat 11 deepens and personalizes the experience unlike ever before with an all new Custom Character Variation System that gives players the creative control of building customized versions of the character roster. In addition, the game will introduce a new cinematic story that continues the epic saga that is more than 25 years in the making.  

“By giving players more creative control, Mortal Kombat 11 is a testament to why this iconic franchise is so strong and increasingly relevant after more than 25 years,” said David Haddad, President, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. “This game showcases NetherRealm Studios’ extensive talent to innovate and create epic experiences for the Mortal Kombat fans and new players alike.”  

“It’s exciting to finally announce Mortal Kombat 11 and showcase what the team has been working on,” said Ed Boon, Creative Director, NetherRealm Studios. “Our Custom Character Variation System opens up an infinite amount of options for players to personalize their favorite fighters. We can’t wait until January when we’ll be showing more of the game.”

Available for pre-order beginning Dec. 7 is the Mortal Kombat 11 standard edition for $59.99 SRP.* The Mortal Kombat 11 Premium Edition is also available for pre-order at $99.99 which includes the base game and the Kombat Pack. All pre-orders will receive the in-game, playable character, ‘Shao Kahn’.  Those who pre-order on PlayStation®4 and Xbox One, at select retailers, will also receive access to the beta, which will be available in March for those platforms.

MortalKombat11_Screenshot1.jpg

MortalKombat11_Screenshot2.jpg

MortalKombat11_brandmark.jpg

MortalKombat11_logo.jpg

This one has a time travel thing going on which means alot of dead characters could and will most likely be back as well as ones that werent seen in MKX. Its also got a custom variation system going which to my guess will be like a fusion of Injustice 2s customization where you can add armor to make them look like different versions of those characters as well as moves and utilize them as variations like MKXs system. We find out more in January which isnt too far from now. I cant wait for April when this shiz hits! 

1 hour ago, Satam said:

Do we know that there's time travel for sure?  Has that been announced somewhere?

I am not for certain that its officially announced yet but there are alot of implications that this will indeed play a role in the story. The elder god at the end of the trailer is with an hourglass going up symbolizing some kind of change in time, the fact that Shao Kahn is back alive albeit a new iteration, 2 different Scorpions in the trailer, one of which is depicting his Ultimate MK3 costume mixed with mk2 mask, the stage they are in is the courtyard (which doesnt indicate time so much as post apocalyptic with all the monks and masked guards dead) from MK1. Alot of potential time altering events. Also Raiden has done this whole time skip thing before to retcon the happenings of MK1-3 in MK9 and now that hes Dark Raiden could do it again. Also in the trailer Raiden has acquired Shinnoks amulet/Sacred amulet, which in past games was used to reshape the realms which could also indicate the time travel/change of events. The amulet has also been used as a McGuffin in past games. This game also is supposed to be a retcon of the MKs on PS2 which featured the amulet priminantly with the kamidogu, and they may do similar to what they did in MK9 and retcon all that was established in those timelines with another time travel type story. But yes this is all speculation. However, its been noted around many venues that there is a time travel type thing going on in the story. Sorry if I stated that as fact, as Ive seen many places deciphering the same mindset. 

1 hour ago, EvilHayato said:

I am not for certain that its officially announced yet but there are alot of implications that this will indeed play a role in the story. The elder god at the end of the trailer is with an hourglass going up symbolizing some kind of change in time, the fact that Shao Kahn is back alive albeit a new iteration, 2 different Scorpions in the trailer, one of which is depicting his Ultimate MK3 costume mixed with mk2 mask, the stage they are in is the courtyard (which doesnt indicate time so much as post apocalyptic with all the monks and masked guards dead) from MK1. Alot of potential time altering events. Also Raiden has done this whole time skip thing before to retcon the happenings of MK1-3 in MK9 and now that hes Dark Raiden could do it again. Also in the trailer Raiden has acquired Shinnoks amulet/Sacred amulet, which in past games was used to reshape the realms which could also indicate the time travel/change of events. The amulet has also been used as a McGuffin in past games. This game also is supposed to be a retcon of the MKs on PS2 which featured the amulet priminantly with the kamidogu, and they may do similar to what they did in MK9 and retcon all that was established in those timelines with another time travel type story. But yes this is all speculation. However, its been noted around many venues that there is a time travel type thing going on in the story. Sorry if I stated that as fact, as Ive seen many places deciphering the same mindset. 

Maybe it's a multiverse type deal, instead.

14 hours ago, Satam said:

Maybe it's a multiverse type deal, instead.

That would be kind of redundant since they just did that with Injustice 1 and 2. 

8 hours ago, Satam said:

Doesn't mean they wouldn't do it.  DC Multiverse - MK Multiverse.  Not saying you're wrong.  You're probably right.  Just saying this could be an alternate (get it? HAR HAR) explanation.

I mean its true, its all speculation.. We are all following blues clues.. or rather Boons clues in what we ve got so far. We ll find out for sure Jan 17.. gonna be so hype! They are doing a customization variations system for MK11 which is going to be pretty slick. One of the things I loved about Injustice 2 was the armor customization and one of the best things with MKX was its variation system. Hopefully they allow for good balancing between stats/abilities/moves, which I know they will since the games have been tournament viable since MK9. 

It will be interesting to see what they do now, storywise. I loved Mortal Kombat 9 from the story to the character designs, it helped that I hadn't played a MK game since number 4 came out, maybe I should track down MK10 and play it, is it any good?

2 hours ago, Belmont13 said:

It will be interesting to see what they do now, storywise. I loved Mortal Kombat 9 from the story to the character designs, it helped that I hadn't played a MK game since number 4 came out, maybe I should track down MK10 and play it, is it any good?

You played pretty much the only good ones (except mk4, that one wasnt great) heh altho I did enjoy Deception a bit. MKX is really good. Some new characters arent nearly as good but the overall game is great and the brutalities are a neat retweaked addition. The story in MKX wasnt too shabby either. I also enjoyed the DLC characters and guest characters were pretty great. Alien, Jason, Predator, AND Leatherface!? just awesome and they brought back some old favorites from previous mk games but redone in a much better way. Definitely recommend grab it, especially now that it can be found super cheap in its entirety. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Belmont13 said:

I'll track it down then, I'm not much for fighting games but I have always loved Mortal Kombat.

I m a bit of a fighting game fanatic so I can be a little crazy about them. :D