Sign in to follow this  
JayC

Nominations - Toy Line Of The Year

In this section you can nominate the best overall toy brand/line for 2018. Which toy line delivered the best quality and or selection in 2018. You have between now and December 31, 2018 to nominate the brand/line you want to see win Toy Line Of The Year for 2018. Once the nomination period ends we will then open the nominations up to voting were folks will be able to vote for their Top 3 toy lines. We will take the Top 5 lines that receive the most votes, and they will move on to a final round of voting.  In the final round of voting, folks will vote for the ONE toy line they think is best. The company that receives the most votes in that round will win the award for 2018 Toy Company Of The Year.

Any toy company that actively put out product during 2018 is eligible to be nominated for this category. To nominate a company simply respond in this thread with the name of the line you wish to nominate. If someone else has already nominated the liney you want to see win, feel free to either nominate another line or simply add your support for that particular line.

The winners will be receiving actual awards which we will be handing out during the 2019 New York Toy Fair in February.  If the winner is not in attendance of Toy Fair, they will have the option of having their award mailed to them.

So let us know which toy line you want to nominate for 2018 Toy Line Of The Year below.

NOTE: This section is simply for making your own nominations, not to discuss other people's nominations. Any such comments will be deleted.

For me, it’s probably Star Wars The Black Series.

Marvel Legends

They are releasing more figures in a year more than ever and have made the figures improve on sculpt and using photo real technology on their movie characters

Easily Marvel Legends. They destroyed this year with their stuff and have rose from the ashes of the dark days to something brand new and innovative. 

Even though I love Marvel Legends and I'd normaly vote for them and they have been upping their quality, this year there were too many waves and figures made and looking back at least for me not many stand out (the percentage of how many figures they made vs how many I really really loved is a bit low).

So Id have to go with Mafex The Dark Knight Trilogy figures, Ive enjoyed every single one they made, I didnt have any quality issues on any, they are my definitive versions of these characters and even with their high price point, with all the accessories, paint apps, and amazing sculpting I think they are worth every penny

mafex-dark-knight-trilogy-001-e1501010165117.jpg

Marvel Legends. I can name so many excellent figures Hasbro has produced this year.

Yea, Marvel Legends definitely up their game in 2018. Numerous waves released, epic BAFs, vast character lineup, quality improvement, etc. Definitely has my vote.

Well I have to agree with everyone and say that Marvel Legends killed with lots of X-Men characters and answered a lot of our prayers. 

But I have to point out that Marvel SHF was very cool this year too. The IW figures are amazing and just Cap that they got wrong.  So it deserves a mention.