Sign in to follow this  
JayC

Nomiations - Toy Company Of The Year

In this section you can nominate the toy company you thought overall did the best job overall for 2018 with product, quality, availability, customer service ect ect. You have between now and December 31, 2018 to nominate the company you want to see win Toy Company Of The Year for 2018. Once the nomination period ends we will then open the nominations up to voting were folks will be able to vote for their Top 3 companies. We will take the Top 5 companies that receive the most votes, and they will move on to a final round of voting.  In the final round of voting, folks will vote for the ONE company they think is best. The company that receives the most votes in that round will win the award for 2018 Toy Company Of The Year.

Any toy company that actively put out product during 2018 is eligible to be nominated for this category. To nominate a company simply respond in this thread with the name of the company you wish to nominate. If someone else has already nominated the company you want to see win, feel free to either nominate another company or simply add your support for that particular company.

The winners will be receiving actual awards which we will be handing out during the 2019 New York Toy Fair in February.  If the winner is not in attendance of Toy Fair, they will have the option of having their award mailed to them.

So let us know which company you want to nominate for 2018 Toy Company Of The Year below.

NOTE: This section is simply for making your own nominations, not to discuss other people's nominations. Any such comments will be deleted.

I nominate Hasbro, for their constant level of quality output between the Marvel Legends and Star Wars Black Series lines... Adding face print technology to the overall production and design of their figures has thoroughly raised the stakes and standards for 6” to 7” action figure production, in my book.

• Like 1

I nominate Storm Collectibles. They have produced some amazing Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat figures. Easily the best figures produced from those fighting games. Excellent detail, sculpt and articulation, especially the Goro and Shao Kahn figures. 

Boss Fight. While the big guys seem like a natural vote, they have just been rolling with the motions and not really living up to their legacy. Hasbro has been hitting it out of the park with Transformers, but the lack of GIJoe and all the other problems, I think the fan favorite just has to go with the smaller company who is make their path! Boss Fight all the way!

This is a tough one for me. Its between Storm Collectibles and Hasbro. Both have shown high potential in their products and have created some of my favorite figures ever. Its kind of tough because Storm does expensive high end figures which SHOULD be high quality for that price and Hasbro who does affordable cheaper alternatives with high quality designs even tho they are big budget company..  I think I have to give it to HASBRO. They just rocked this year. Too many must haves. 

• Like 1

Here are my votes for top 3 companies:
#1 Hasbro without a doubt, over all I think by sheer number of figures released with both Marvel Legends and Black Series Hasbro has to be the #1 this year, they seem to be working on their quality issues constantly and with the implementation of their digital face printing technology (that I would argue only SHF trully did well before them) hasbro knocked it out of the park correctly using this new tech from the get go. The fact that most of my action figure spending goes to Hasbro now a days has to say something.

#2 Tamashii Nations (mainly Dragon Ball and Star Wars SHF and Myth Cloth figures) Ive been collecting these for years now and they are always great figures, though this year they drop to number 2 beacuse it seems theyve been skimping out on paint apps on their SHF figures and using less metal pieces on their Myth Cloth figures, I still buy most and Ive never been unhappy with any of their figures ive gotten.

#3 Mafex, Mafex has been upping their game this year, with so many new licences and solving most of their quality issues that had been a big problem for them before they could be one of my favorite companies if they only did a better job on their face printing technologies (prototypes differ a lot from production figures mainly on their face painting), that and the fact that they have been increasing their prices constantly lately, if they dont stop itll happen like it did for me with Play Arts where the price kept getting higher and higher to a point that I no longer felt the figures were worth the money they were asking for them.

• Like 1

Even though I prefer NECA, I’m gonna have to go with Hasbro for 2018. The sheer volume of product and effort puts them at the top for me. They may not have the details of the collector grade figures, but the figures they put out still look great on display.

• Like 1

If its Mass retail sure Hasbro 

But I feel that 4 horsemen ( with their massive Mythic legions line has really proven that a small group who are passionate can not only make a great toy line but do their best to keep the collectors informed and happy)

This one's not going to be popular, but what little DC stuff Mattel has put out is pretty good. Their basic figure lines have an above-average amount of articulation and they made those big improvements on the Multiverse line.