Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
JayC

Batman: Sovereign Knight - Onyx Edition One 12 Collective Mezco Exclusive Figure

Recommended Posts

Today Mezco put up for pre-order their new exclusive One:12 Collective Batman: Sovereign Knight - Onyx Edition figure which sold out in minutes, and even if you got to the site when the item was still listed as available, you probably couldn't check out as the site was glitching and running slow as molasses due to increased traffic of those trying to purchase it. While the figure itself looks good, Mezco has once again created a terrible buying experience for it's customer base that seems to have become an all-to-often problem with these things. Why companies seem to think handling things this way is a good business strategy is beyond me.

Never-the-less here are the official details and images and you can still put yourself on a waiting list for the figure if you choose.

Mezco’s One:12 Collective Batman trilogy continues with Batman: Sovereign Knight. Now at the peak of his career, the Sovereign Knight is the Batman of the present day. This is Batman in his prime.

The One:12 Collective Batman: Sovereign Knight – Onyx Edition features exclusively designed Bat-Suit body armor detail and a reinforced breast plate bat insignia. The Caped Crusader comes loaded with Bat-Gadgets including a Bat-Drone and Sonic Disruptor.

Using the tools and knowledge he has acquired since starting his war on crime, in combination with his upgraded arsenal, the Sovereign Knight is ready to take on the most dangerous of Gotham’s criminals.


THE ONE:12 COLLECTIVE BATMAN SOVEREIGN KNIGHT FIGURE FEATURES:

- One:12 Collective body with over 30 points of articulation
- Four (4) head portraits
- Hand painted authentic detailing
- Approximately 17cm tall
- Nine (9) interchangeable hands
One (1) pair of fists (L&R)
One (1) pair of posing hands (L&R)
One (1) pair of gun holding hands (L&R)
One (1) pair of batarang holding hands (L&R)
One (1) kryptonite knuckle duster (R)


COSTUME:
- Cowled head
- Chest insignia
- Leather-like cape
- Fitted suit with body armor detail
- SAP gloves
- Utility belt with grappling gun holster
- Tactical boots


ACCESSORIES:
- Ten (10) small batarangs
- One (1) large batarang
- One (1) bat-drone
- One (1) sonic distributor
- One (1) grappling gun
- One (1) grappling hook (inserts into gun)
- One (1) grappling hook with string attached (inserts into gun)

Each One:12 Collective Sovereign Knight – Onyx Edition figure is packaged in a collector friendly box, designed with collectors in mind. Let us know what you think about the figure in the COMMENTS SECTION below.

Batman-Sovereign-Knight-Onyx-Edition-01.Jpg

Batman-Sovereign-Knight-Onyx-Edition-02.Jpg

Batman-Sovereign-Knight-Onyx-Edition-03.Jpg

Batman-Sovereign-Knight-Onyx-Edition-04.Jpg

Batman-Sovereign-Knight-Onyx-Edition-05.Jpg

Batman-Sovereign-Knight-Onyx-Edition-06.Jpg

Batman-Sovereign-Knight-Onyx-Edition-07.Jpg

Batman-Sovereign-Knight-Onyx-Edition-08.Jpg

Batman-Sovereign-Knight-Onyx-Edition-09.Jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't even try.  Knew about this like 2 days ago and knowing how Mezco operates it's a serious waste of time to try getting these exclusives. 

 

I have my PX Sovereign Knight on pre order and IF I get that one I would be beyond happy.  The thing is that people still buy it regardless. The day these figures stop selling or the sales decresce enough, which is probably never, they will try to improve the system. As long as they are selling they couldn't care less. 

Fandom is stupid. I know I get pissed about some store or brand, but I keep buying anyway because I want to have it. These guys explore that and get away with whatever crap they pull. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing will ever be as bad as Mattycollector's darkest days. I was able to preorder this, and I've never had any issues preordering Mezco exclusives as long as I'm able to order it as soon as it goes up. This time they even included a timer for when it went live, was in and out after less than 5 mins on the site.

It sucks if you don't have the money on the day, but if money can be issue for someone, this is not the line to collect with cheaper alternatives available.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tried to order this earlier ... but failed to get an order confirmation or email after placing the order.  Called Mezco customer service and was told I logged in, but they did not show an order - had to “join” the wait list.  Amazingly, I received 6 emails about that!

Irritated ... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But I do like the “all black” variants that Mezco puts out - the gold bat logo makes it very 1989-ish ... not sure how many Mezco plans to make, but I’d really hate to miss out on this one 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/26/2018 at 6:56 PM, BigBot84 said:

Nothing will ever be as bad as Mattycollector's darkest days. I was able to preorder this, and I've never had any issues preordering Mezco exclusives as long as I'm able to order it as soon as it goes up. This time they even included a timer for when it went live, was in and out after less than 5 mins on the site.

It sucks if you don't have the money on the day, but if money can be issue for someone, this is not the line to collect with cheaper alternatives available.

What pisses me off most about these is the US only.  As if they don1t have international costumers. If your billing address doesn't match your credit card one doesn't really matter if you have some friend or address on the US to mail the figure. Doesn't go through. They really must improve their system 

And yes these out of the blue exclusives are only good to inflate the price. Remember the Tigerstripe Wolverine? 5 minutes later they were selling it ofr 500 bucks on ebay. 

The classic Punisher I will not even mention.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really like this look (even more than the regular release) but it sucks that both black versions of batman have been exclusives, and Mezco doesnt sell to international buyers, I never could get my hands on the Black version of Accending Knight, so Im not going to hunt for this one either. Ill have to stick with the regular releases.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The thing I like most about this guy, is how much he looks like the Tim Burton 1989 Batman... But man, these types of figures are way out of my budget to begin with, let alone the exclusivity factor. I’ll only ever be able to online window shop and pipe dream such a thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/8/2018 at 1:37 AM, sXeblues said:

The thing I like most about this guy, is how much he looks like the Tim Burton 1989 Batman... But man, these types of figures are way out of my budget to begin with, let alone the exclusivity factor. I’ll only ever be able to online window shop and pipe dream such a thing.

I agree that the exclusives are hard to get, but the line is almost like a 6" Hot Toys. I am seriously starting to thing quality over quantity. Sure you can by 4 marvel legends with that price. Two mezcos buys you an entire wave of ML, however do you really want or need hundreds of figures? I used to think that. Now due to mostly shelf space, I am starting to think that having better quality figures is more interesting that having lots of not so good ones. Sure of my beloved charatcers I will get as many versions as ´possible, but in some cases I only wnat one that really represents what that character means to me. 

The best example that I can give is  Flash.  One of my top five DC characters. But there are not so many good figures around. They either to small, too big, lack articulation and/or accessories.  The only one that to me, a least, has the best of all worlds id the Mezco one. I waited more than an years to have a chance to get one.  It was sold out everywhere or it was so so expensive that I almost quit. Last October I had my last chance with a local e-tailer. Sure it was not the original price, but it was cheaper than import one from the US.

Now I have the only Flash figure I need.

That Batman looks amazing yes, but I always knew that I could not get that one, so I pre-ordered the PX version. Close enough to what the ideal Comic Batman should be for me.  I have others already, just bought the Ascending Knight and will keep buyin cool Batman figures. If you haven't guessed yet, he is my top DC character. 

 

Anyway, that is what I think. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/9/2018 at 8:59 PM, FASVB said:

I agree that the exclusives are hard to get, but the line is almost like a 6" Hot Toys. I am seriously starting to thing quality over quantity. Sure you can by 4 marvel legends with that price. Two mezcos buys you an entire wave of ML, however do you really want or need hundreds of figures? I used to think that. Now due to mostly shelf space, I am starting to think that having better quality figures is more interesting that having lots of not so good ones. Sure of my beloved charatcers I will get as many versions as ´possible, but in some cases I only wnat one that really represents what that character means to me. 

The best example that I can give is  Flash.  One of my top five DC characters. But there are not so many good figures around. They either to small, too big, lack articulation and/or accessories.  The only one that to me, a least, has the best of all worlds id the Mezco one. I waited more than an years to have a chance to get one.  It was sold out everywhere or it was so so expensive that I almost quit. Last October I had my last chance with a local e-tailer. Sure it was not the original price, but it was cheaper than import one from the US.

Now I have the only Flash figure I need.

That Batman looks amazing yes, but I always knew that I could not get that one, so I pre-ordered the PX version. Close enough to what the ideal Comic Batman should be for me.  I have others already, just bought the Ascending Knight and will keep buyin cool Batman figures. If you haven't guessed yet, he is my top DC character. 

 

Anyway, that is what I think. 

 

I think that’s a perfectly good way to go... But, I’m still pretty much on the opposite end of the spectrum. The figures I can get my hands on are the only such figures I can get, on my paltry budget. With necessities, bills, food and everything else, I cannot afford to put money away, every month. So, if I don’t snatch up one or two $20 figures a month, as soon as I can, I get nothing. Which, as of late, has been happening fairly often.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...






Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE