DreamWorks She-Ra and the Princesses of Power now available on Netflix

JayC

The highly anticipated Netflix original, DreamWorks She-Ra and the Princesses of Power, is now available. The 13 half-hour episodes tells the epic story of an orphan named Adora, who leaves behind her former life in the evil Horde when she discovers a magic sword that transforms her into the mythical warrior princess She-Ra. Along the way, she finds a new family in the Rebellion as she unites a group of magical princesses in the ultimate fight against evil. For the honor of Grayskull and in celebration of this release we have two new clips to share with you as well as the trailer and additional stills.

Stevenson, an Eisner Award-winning writer and comic artist known for the beloved, female-centric stories in Lumberjanes and Nimona, brings her writing and visual flair to this reimagining of the hit series. The ensemble cast includes Aimee Carrero (Young & Hungry, Level Up) as Adora/She-Ra, along with AJ Michalka (The Goldbergs, Steven Universe), Karen Fukuhara (Suicide Squad), Marcus Scribner (black-ish), Lorraine Toussaint (Orange is the New Black) and Vella Lovell (Crazy Ex-Girlfriend). Guest stars include Sandra Oh, Jordan Fisher, Lauren Ash and Krystal Joy Brown.

Man this is so so so bad.  I still can't believe that Netflix could ruin a classic like this. 

I have this added to my watchlist, I was never much of a she ra fan but Ive enjoyed most of these reboots that are done well like this seems to be. It reminds me alot of the 2011 Thundercats remake, not that newer one ?

8 hours ago, mako said:

It was okay, but not great. Honestly, if you liked the first Thundercats remake, you'll probably like it. It succeeds and fails in all the same ways.

I started watching the show. Its not bad but some of the remake character designs are kind of too simplistic and dumb. Not that far in but its got some personality thats not too stupid. :D 

I watched the whole thing. It wasnt so bad I couldnt watch it but it was no were as good as the original. I get making them kids in hopes that kids can better relate to them and I assume since words like Eternia and Greyskull get mentioned that the He-Man connection will somehow still work its way into the show, but I didn't really like the route they seem to be going with the origins an such.

I tried, but I couldn't bare to watch a full episode. seriously. Besides all that crap that they have done, the animation per se is so awful and has very poor quality.

The Thundercats and He-Man remakes of the early 2000's were far better. They got the anime inspiration and really made something good out of it. Specially that HE-Man. I got really sad when they cancelled it. 

38 minutes ago, FASVB said:

I tried, but I couldn't bare to watch a full episode. seriously. Besides all that crap that they have done, the animation per se is so awful and has very poor quality.

The Thundercats and He-Man remakes of the early 2000's were far better. They got the anime inspiration and really made something good out of it. Specially that HE-Man. I got really sad when they cancelled it. 

I loved both those shows and was very saddened when they both got cancelled. The older shows I loved as a kid but watching them as an adult is super super hard. I couldnt even bare watching 2 episodes of either (the original series). This show is like trying to mix the styles of all the other kids shows out these days. Changing things to have more variety but the overall animation in these shows are kind of lacking and dont have alot of personality. The designs are also very simplistic. So far its not a terrible show, I was never a big she ra fan, so to say ive watched even a few episodes means its not completely terrible imo. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, FASVB said:

Besides all that crap that they have done, the animation per se is so awful and has very poor quality.

Nah, there was nothing wrong with the animation. Especially in this day and age when 90 % of animation is either CGI, Flash animated, or looks like it was done by third-grade crack-heads who learned to draw from one of those el-cheapo "How to Draw Such-and-Such" character art books. (Yes, I am extremely bitter about the state of the animation industry in this country.)

Granted, it does lose points for being done in that neo-anime style that seems to be prevalent today, which I find even more obnoxious than the knock-off "Batman: The Animated Series Style" that everybody was using in the 90s-early 2000s. (Yep, still bitter.)

• Haha 1

On 11/22/2018 at 1:38 AM, EvilHayato said:

I loved both those shows and was very saddened when they both got cancelled. The older shows I loved as a kid but watching them as an adult is super super hard. I couldnt even bare watching 2 episodes of either (the original series). This show is like trying to mix the styles of all the other kids shows out these days. Changing things to have more variety but the overall animation in these shows are kind of lacking and dont have alot of personality. The designs are also very simplistic. So far its not a terrible show, I was never a big she ra fan, so to say ive watched even a few episodes means its not completely terrible imo. 

Still watch He-Man and She-ra anytime I can. Just like classic Thundercats, Silverhawks and most cartoons of that style/era. 

To me they eternal classics. 

10 hours ago, FASVB said:

Still watch He-Man and She-ra anytime I can. Just like classic Thundercats, Silverhawks and most cartoons of that style/era. 

To me they eternal classics. 

They are still classics to me as well but they have not aged well. very hard to watch as an adult imo.