Hasbro Doing Overwatch Action Figures As New Master Toy License Holder

JayC

Just now, kILLMonger said:

MMPG- massive multi player game.  Perhaps I said it wrong (sue me lol)....  That's not my preference of game...fun or not.  I say that as a Destiny (and soon Anthem player).  I like solo campaigns.  I like a game where I can pick a character and play the story and if I want/desire I can play PvP or PvE with a fireteam or in deathmatch when I want.  Overwatch has an awesome story...but it's geared towards PvP only.  I would be all over Overwatch if it just wasn't PvP all the time...but like you said a whole bunch of people aren't complaining so they did something right...I'm just 80% solo play and 20% multiplayer.   Not slamming the game but that gametype isn't my fav.

I didnt mean to come off as a snob or anything in that regard so Im sorry if that was how it sounded. I only stated it because it sounded inaccurate to what the game actually is. Its not massively multiplayer, its actually smaller than a call of duty deathmatch. I was just trying to inform you on what it actually is. Best way to categorize it is a multiplayer hero shooter. Anyways, I get wanting a campaign/story type game. Overwatchs story is only in its lore and youtube cutscenes. It also has PvE but its more one team is players and the other are bots. It definitely focuses on the versus type modes rather than any kind of story driven ones. Im not much of a multiplayer person as those games require you to always be on it and play to even remotely enjoy yourself, otherwise get frustrated and destroyed. Overwatch is immensely popular and its a blizzard title which attracts alot of hardcore players. With a high concentration of E sports with the title, it also makes the point of entry that much harder to deal with as they study every little nook. I totally get what you are saying.. Its kind of not mine either. Im more of a fighting game player but the characters are fun and its a great time if you have other friends to play with. I pretty much never solo in the game. Ironically I dont like highly competitive online only games ever. Overwatch is a kind of in between for me. Love it for the designs, sometimes the gameplay. Hate it for being too damn competitive and high point of entry at times to enjoy it fully. 

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, EvilHayato said:

I didnt mean to come off as a snob or anything in that regard so Im sorry if that was how it sounded. I only stated it because it sounded inaccurate to what the game actually is. Its not massively multiplayer, its actually smaller than a call of duty deathmatch. I was just trying to inform you on what it actually is. Best way to categorize it is a multiplayer hero shooter. Anyways, I get wanting a campaign/story type game. Overwatchs story is only in its lore and youtube cutscenes. It also has PvE but its more one team is players and the other are bots. It definitely focuses on the versus type modes rather than any kind of story driven ones. Im not much of a multiplayer person as those games require you to always be on it and play to even remotely enjoy yourself, otherwise get frustrated and destroyed. Overwatch is immensely popular and its a blizzard title which attracts alot of hardcore players. With a high concentration of E sports with the title, it also makes the point of entry that much harder to deal with as they study every little nook. I totally get what you are saying.. Its kind of not mine either. Im more of a fighting game player but the characters are fun and its a great time if you have other friends to play with. I pretty much never solo in the game. Ironically I dont like highly competitive online only games ever. Overwatch is a kind of in between for me. Love it for the designs, sometimes the gameplay. Hate it for being too damn competitive and high point of entry at times to enjoy it fully. 

It's cool...I don't (and hope) I didn't across as hating Overwatch...because I don't I'm ALL over the lore and have my favs (Reaper, McCree, Soldier 76, Ana, Doomfist)...yeah...It's kinda like a fighting game.  And perhaps because the players are so embedded now I'd get tore up trying to hop on now lol.  When teh game first came out I was LOVING the designs but felt deflated with the knowledge of no single player story...that's not gonna stop me from grabbing figs!!!!

10 hours ago, kILLMonger said:

It's cool...I don't (and hope) I didn't across as hating Overwatch...because I don't I'm ALL over the lore and have my favs (Reaper, McCree, Soldier 76, Ana, Doomfist)...yeah...It's kinda like a fighting game.  And perhaps because the players are so embedded now I'd get tore up trying to hop on now lol.  When teh game first came out I was LOVING the designs but felt deflated with the knowledge of no single player story...that's not gonna stop me from grabbing figs!!!!

Even if you did hate Overwatch, its no big deal. I m not a fan of Fortnite yet everyone and their moms are playing the dumb game. I think the game is fairly welcoming with playing vs AI and then going into the actual matches. I play very casually and still can win games vs people.. its a team based game so your team can definitely help carry you when you are new. Its definitely not as intimidating as other games of similar genre tho. They just announced a new character named Ashe who is a cowgirl sniper and leader of a gang. Her brute robot henchman Bob is part of her Ultimate. There are characters Im sure youre not familiar with that they ve added as well. A hamster named Hammond in a giant cybernetic ball with legs called Wrecking Ball. Hes the newest playable up until they Ashe was announced. Really creative stuff. They also have a big ass art book out thats pretty great. I have it in my collection as I love video game art books.

On 11/6/2018 at 2:46 PM, kILLMonger said:

Where'd you find this?!?!?!?!  I WILL have it!!

Man I just googles it. I can't quite remember in which site I saw that.  But places like Gamestop and ThinkGeek will mostly likely have this one as all other nerf and some prop replicas like Genji sword. 

On 11/6/2018 at 1:43 PM, EvilHayato said:

This post confused me for a second, i looked at my quoted response and was like thats alot more than i remember saying.. then i look further and am like, thats not what I saiiiiiddd. So I fixed it haha. Figures and Video games kind of go hand in hand these days. And since figures span more than just properties like GI Joe and marvel anymore. Blizzard is going to be releasing WoW Classic which is what wow was in the beginning. I cant get into MMOs but Wow was my first and last of them.. I bought it when it first hit bc i wanted the amazing coffee table art book that came with the collectors edition. 

About the figures I can say that even if I don't know the game or don't play it, if the figure looks cool enough I would have it.  Sure that action figures can span a lot of properties and platforms. GAme, comics, movies and stuff. 

To me at least the first appealing thing is how much I like the  character and then the aesthetics of the figure. Like, for instance, I love Superman and Wonder Woman, but so far no figure that was ever available for me got me excited enough to actually buy it, just because of the character.  

For games, for instance, I bought the Warcraft figures from the Heroes of the Storm  because I love the game, the characters that they released and how cool the figures look. I also have Neca Uncharted Nathan drake, although I have never played the game and just like the figure. Same goes for the previous Kratos that Neca released. Never played the game, but the figure looks very cool.  

7 hours ago, FASVB said:

About the figures I can say that even if I don't know the game or don't play it, if the figure looks cool enough I would have it.  Sure that action figures can span a lot of properties and platforms. GAme, comics, movies and stuff. 

I'm the same way. I've yet to see a single episode of iZombie, but I have two separate Liv Moore figures. Hate pro-wrestling, but collect the figures that fit more into the 1/12th. scale. The new version of Ninja Turtles is GODAWFUL, but I collect the figures.

Basically, if something looks cool and fits a hole in my collection, I get it.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, mako said:

I'm the same way. I've yet to see a single episode of iZombie, but I have two separate Liv Moore figures. Hate pro-wrestling, but collect the figures that fit more into the 1/12th. scale. The new version of Ninja Turtles is GODAWFUL, but I collect the figures.

Basically, if something looks cool and fits a hole in my collection, I get it.

To me it has to fit in my budget too.  But I try not to get crazy. I gotta have some focus on the collection

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FASVB said:

To me it has to fit in my budget too.

Hey, you're talking to a self-employed artist, if I know anything, it's operating within a budget. I can occasionally pull the trigger on one of the "big ticket" items (the A-Force, Defenders, or GOTG sets), but the over-priced MCU 10th sets? Forget it, I'll catch a couple on clearance.

So basically, the criteria these Overwatch figures will have to make are: Head-Cannon (done), Budget, and Scale.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wont lie, Im not going to buy these figures since Im not really invested in the property but I like the designs of the characters, the figma figures always looked nice but for the price point on them I couldnt bring myself to buying them since I just liked the designs but I dont play the game, Im a little tempted to see how the rest of the figures come out, specially Tracer and Reaper since its the character designs I like the most.

• 2 months later...

Back in November Hasbro announced they were doing a new line of 6" Overwatch video game based action figures called Overwatch Ultimates, and gave us a look at their upcoming Mercy figure.

Now Hasbro has released a new teaser for this line showing the character Tracer and promising cool reveals for these this weekend at the New York Toy Fair.

While we don't have much in the way of specifics for these yet, I suspect these will Marvel Legends/Black Series like figures featuring your favorite Overwatch characters.

Hasbro coverage of the New York Toy Fair will kick off on Saturday, February 16 at 1:30 pm ET. So be sure to check back here for more on these.

Hasbro-Overwatch-Tracer.jpg

• Like 1

I got to say, im very excited and have high anticipation for this line. Hasbro has shown now that they know how to handle a license well with Marvel Legends. With Figma pretty much the only ones for the time doing Overwatch figures, the idea of overwatch ones in the same quality as ML as well as that pricepoint compared to figma, it just spells success in my eyes.