Jump to content

Hasbro Doing Overwatch Action Figures As New Master Toy License Holder


JayC
 Share

Recommended Posts

Today at BlizzCon 2018, Blizzard Entertainment’s games and community convention in Anaheim, California, the company revealed a full lineup of global consumer products announcements for the tens of thousands of gamers in attendance and following along online via the BlizzCon Virtual Ticket.

Featured were previews and reveals for several upcoming 2019 products stemming from partnerships with The LEGO Group, Hasbro, UNIQLO and FUNKO, each highlighting new ways for fans to showcase their passion for the characters and settings of Blizzard’s globally acclaimed games, such as Overwatch, World of Warcraft, Hearthstone and Diablo III.

“Throughout 2018 our goal has been to give fans an abundance of new ways to express their affinity for their favorite Blizzard games, and it was exciting to be able to showcase our plans for 2019 and beyond today at BlizzCon,” said Matthew Beecher, Vice President of Global Consumer Products, Blizzard Entertainment. “We cherish these game worlds as much as our players do, and today’s reveals helped put a spotlight on how far we’ve come, through our stellar partnerships, in developing toys and apparel that reflect that shared passion.”

As the master toy licensee for Overwatch, Hasbro revealed the OVERWATCH ULTIMATES MERCY figure, which is the first figure to be unveiled within its OVERWATCH ULTIMATES FIGURE assortment, coming to most major retailers next spring. Check out an image below.

MERCY-FIGURE-Hasbro-Overwartch.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is some great news. So Is Hasbro going to rule the world of action figures now? haha

I wish they got into World of Warcraft too.  I got pretty upset when Neca dropped the Heroes of the Storm license. Never got my Thrall and Sylvanas figures. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This if friggin awesome news. I'm so happy someone like Hasbro got the license. My fear was MacFarlane would land the license and I can't stand their product. Whilst the game is nothing special, I loved the diversity of characters and their look so I cannot wait for these.  I mean I'm happy as long as they're around the 6-7" size anything more or less will be disappointing

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, FASVB said:

I wish they got into World of Warcraft too.  I got pretty upset when Neca dropped the Heroes of the Storm license. Never got my Thrall and Sylvanas figures. 

Thrall and Sylvanas released, have you not tried to order them? I was bummed when they had a third wave that was coming and they showed a prototype for their Diablo and it looked AMAZING. They ended up splitting their original wave to juts be Sylvanas, Thrall and Raynor and left out Brightwing, Murky and Diablo.. I was the most sad about Diablo.. the others meh. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is excellent news! Altho Im scared to see how this is going to affect my wallet. I wonder if they will do a BAF format too? Hopefully it will be trickled releases and not waves. Im very curious how these will come out and Im glad I wont have to pay out the butt for ones like those figma ones are.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, EvilHayato said:

Thrall and Sylvanas released, have you not tried to order them? I was bummed when they had a third wave that was coming and they showed a prototype for their Diablo and it looked AMAZING. They ended up splitting their original wave to juts be Sylvanas, Thrall and Raynor and left out Brightwing, Murky and Diablo.. I was the most sad about Diablo.. the others meh. 

The thing is. Usually our distributor here brings this stuff. But he didn't this time.  Net thing I knew they were sold out evewhere and the secondary market is asking too much.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm aware of Overwatch, but never played. Still, any property that introduces fresh new superheroes is welcome in my book. Throw in figures of said new heroes, and I'm over the moon.

Just hoping these will be compatible with Marvel Legends.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, FASVB said:

The thing is. Usually our distributor here brings this stuff. But he didn't this time.  Net thing I knew they were sold out evewhere and the secondary market is asking too much.  

Ahh that sucks, after I messaged I thought about how distribution overseas isnt the best overall. I still see these figs online in places and not at insane prices. But then youd have to calculate how much to get to you and it equals alot more. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Since it’s Hasbro, I’m just going to go out on a limb and assume these will be much more affordable than the Figmas and other high-end figures based on this property. Which, if true, may see me wanting to pick one or two up, even without any familiarity with it. As I really dig some of the character designs in the game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, EvilHayato said:

Ahh that sucks, after I messaged I thought about how distribution overseas isnt the best overall. I still see these figs online in places and not at insane prices. But then youd have to calculate how much to get to you and it equals alot more. 

One EE had ssome Thrall figures, but they always vanish quickly. Sylvanas is the most hard to find. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Thinwheat said:

Will this affect Figma's license to make these figures? The Figma figures are pretty good so far. This will be a nice alternative that's a little less pricey if they end up being in a 6" scale, but hopefully Figma can continue to make more. 

Very doubtful this will affect Figmas license. Figma sells to a niche high end market to only e commerce, Hasbro puts out highly affordable products at local retailers. Basically they are covering separate grounds to get their products out to specific people. Its a brand that hasnt spread to everything yet and thats what they are pushing with Hasbro as well as doing LEGOs, etc.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Supersmashfox64 said:

I think this line has a lot of potential! I don't even play Overwatch and there are several characters I want to see them make!

I know right? I fell in love with this property watching those shorts and trailers on Youtube. . . and I've never even looked at the game!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, mako said:

I know right? I fell in love with this property watching those shorts and trailers on Youtube. . . and I've never even looked at the game!

I’m glad I’m not the only one in the same boat, lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, kILLMonger said:

Heck yes!!  Like many here I've never played the game (not a big fan of MMPG) as I prefer solo games.  BUT the characters are all kinds of cool!  Hoping to see Reaper, Soldier 76, McCree and a few others in the first wave....Would love to see Hasbro crank out some Overwatch Nerf guns as well!

What do you mean by "MMPG"? Its a team based first person shooter. its essentially team deathmatch 5 Vs 5. Blizzard does some amazing character designs and this is fully focused on different video game archetypes presented in a shooter. I think overwatch nerf guns are actually happening. I think it was tracer and reapers are coming first last i recalled. 

 

Looks like im somehow one of the few on this board that plays this game. Very weird considering it sold a crap ton of copies, but I suppose alot of collectors on here dont like fun games? XD haha jk. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, EvilHayato said:

What do you mean by "MMPG"? Its a team based first person shooter. its essentially team deathmatch 5 Vs 5. Blizzard does some amazing character designs and this is fully focused on different video game archetypes presented in a shooter. I think overwatch nerf guns are actually happening. I think it was tracer and reapers are coming first last i recalled. 

 

Looks like im somehow one of the few on this board that plays this game. Very weird considering it sold a crap ton of copies, but I suppose alot of collectors on here dont like fun games? XD haha jk. 

I guess most people hera are more into figures. I played games back on the day. The last one I actually played a lot was WoW. I really intend to go back to it sometime. I really enjoyed that. It's been quite a while so I probably lost all my characters.  Starting from scratch is not something that I wanted to do. 

Check this out another Nerf

 

nerf-rival-overwatch-mccree-edition-blaster-box-pack-front-700x394-c.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I started watching the animated shorts from the beginning and later started to play the game all thanks to my sister she's an overwatch fan but now I know how big the fanbase is there are a lot of ships my personal favorite is reaper and mercy the overwatch license has a lot of potential can't wait what Hasbro throws at us next.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, EvilHayato said:

What do you mean by "MMPG"? Its a team based first person shooter. its essentially team deathmatch 5 Vs 5. Blizzard does some amazing character designs and this is fully focused on different video game archetypes presented in a shooter. I think overwatch nerf guns are actually happening. I think it was tracer and reapers are coming first last i recalled. 

 

Looks like im somehow one of the few on this board that plays this game. Very weird considering it sold a crap ton of copies, but I suppose alot of collectors on here dont like fun games? XD haha jk. 

MMPG- massive multi player game.  Perhaps I said it wrong (sue me lol)....  That's not my preference of game...fun or not.  I say that as a Destiny (and soon Anthem player).  I like solo campaigns.  I like a game where I can pick a character and play the story and if I want/desire I can play PvP or PvE with a fireteam or in deathmatch when I want.  Overwatch has an awesome story...but it's geared towards PvP only.  I would be all over Overwatch if it just wasn't PvP all the time...but like you said a whole bunch of people aren't complaining so they did something right...I'm just 80% solo play and 20% multiplayer.   Not slamming the game but that gametype isn't my fav.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, FASVB said:

I guess most people hera are more into figures. I played games back on the day. The last one I actually played a lot was WoW. I really intend to go back to it sometime. I really enjoyed that. It's been quite a while so I probably lost all my characters.  Starting from scratch is not something that I wanted to do. 

Check this out another Nerf

 

nerf-rival-overwatch-mccree-edition-blaster-box-pack-front-700x394-c.jpg

This post confused me for a second, i looked at my quoted response and was like thats alot more than i remember saying.. then i look further and am like, thats not what I saiiiiiddd. So I fixed it haha. Figures and Video games kind of go hand in hand these days. And since figures span more than just properties like GI Joe and marvel anymore. Blizzard is going to be releasing WoW Classic which is what wow was in the beginning. I cant get into MMOs but Wow was my first and last of them.. I bought it when it first hit bc i wanted the amazing coffee table art book that came with the collectors edition. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Find Action Figures on Ebay

×
×
  • Create New...
Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!


Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE