Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
JayC

NECA Previews Their First Spyro Video Game Based Figure

Recommended Posts

Following in the footsteps of Crash Bandicoot, NECA will be doing figures based on the Spyro video game series starting with Spyro The Dragon. Check out a preview image for the figure below and stay-tuned for more details and images to be released soon. This onw will be out early next year and include articulated tail and ball-jointed wings.
1 of 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man this looks awesome. I loved how the Crash turned out and this looks to be just as amazing. I need to buy the Crash still because this will look amazing next to it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well. I can't say much. I have heard of this game, but never actually played. Different from Crash that I actually played a bit and it is a lot of fun. 

Don't really know about the ,arket for this, but Neca is taking risks as usual. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Official images and info added:

From the classic and beloved video games, the adventurous young dragon Spyro makes his debut as a NECA action figure!

The purple dragon is styled as he first appeared in the games and measures nearly 8” in length with tail straightened. He’s fully articulated, including ball jointed wings, segmented tail, hips, ankles, chest and more!

Shipping Date: Q2 2019. You can pre-order this figure now at BigBadToyStore.com.

NECA-Spyro-01.jpg

NECA-Spyro-02.jpg

NECA-Spyro-03.jpg

NECA-Spyro-04.jpg

NECA-Spyro-05.jpg

NECA-Spyro-06.jpg

NECA-Spyro-07.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, FASVB said:

Well. I can't say much. I have heard of this game, but never actually played. Different from Crash that I actually played a bit and it is a lot of fun. 

Don't really know about the ,arket for this, but Neca is taking risks as usual. 

They are kind of synonymous with eachother. Also just like when they did Crash, Spyro is getting a remastering of his series as well which is coming out soon. Both are from the PS1 era of games and now both are owned by Activision. I would say if Crash sold well, this will as well as both are similar markets. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, EvilHayato said:

They are kind of synonymous with eachother. Also just like when they did Crash, Spyro is getting a remastering of his series as well which is coming out soon. Both are from the PS1 era of games and now both are owned by Activision. I would say if Crash sold well, this will as well as both are similar markets. 

You say Activision I keep trying to remember more cool properties from them taht would make good figures 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, FASVB said:

You say Activision I keep trying to remember more cool properties from them taht would make good figures 

Most of their brands wouldnt make great figures... Call of Duty, Tony Hawks pro skater, etc. They didnt always own the Crash and Spyro properties.. those were Naughty Dog and Insomniac games that originally made them. Activision does license Destiny tho. Most of what Activision makes nowadays is not that interesting and is just some a small amount of properties. Oh yeah and they own Blizzard... so theres that.. warcraft, starcraft, diablo, etc etc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

loved the first Spyro game — which is the only one I ever got to play... So this is actually a mad nostalgic piece, for me. I’m all kinds of wanting this bad boy! 😍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, EvilHayato said:

 Oh yeah and they own Blizzard... so theres that.. warcraft, starcraft, diablo, etc etc. 

I did not know that. But again. I'm not into the game world. Haven't played seriously for a decade now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The looks is pretty good, but it looks like the articulation is very minimal. I'm not sure how much articulation you really needed on a Spyro figure, but it would be nice to give him joints at the knees or maybe have some swappable legs with a different molded pose. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Thinwheat said:

The looks is pretty good, but it looks like the articulation is very minimal. I'm not sure how much articulation you really needed on a Spyro figure, but it would be nice to give him joints at the knees or maybe have some swappable legs with a different molded pose. 

It wouldve made sense to add actual usable articulation. The knee and elbow joints would have been great to have had added. Same with the tail which is just dead straight and no curve.. altho in the games thats kind of how it is as hes always running.. This will pretty much be a statue with articulation pretty much how most of my NECA collection is. I love NECA but most of their articulation is like HEY LOOK WE DID ARTICULATION GUYS ITS NOT A MCFARLANE STATUE! but put articulation in areas but not in the other areas to support that added articulation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, FASVB said:

I did not know that. But again. I'm not into the game world. Haven't played seriously for a decade now. 

Its technically a merger.. they are referred to as Activision Blizzard as an overall brand name but you only see Activision or Blilzzard on the products. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/4/2018 at 11:56 AM, EvilHayato said:

This will pretty much be a statue with articulation pretty much how most of my NECA collection is.

It’s not that big of an issue for me, as I really don’t see myself putting Spyro in a ton of crazy poses — which wouldn’t really be befitting of the character, anyway. But, it would admittedly be nice to have that option, more often than not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, sXeblues said:

It’s not that big of an issue for me, as I really don’t see myself putting Spyro in a ton of crazy poses — which wouldn’t really be befitting of the character, anyway. But, it would admittedly be nice to have that option, more often than not.

I agree for sure, same here. I wasnt complaining when I said it would be pretty much a statue. Its not really necessary to put him in any kind of really crazy poses. He just runs and jumps and flys for the most part.. pretty basic. Its more of having some articulation but not much and it raises the question of why not go more because that added articulation isnt doing as much as say a few more cuts would do to help it ala elbow and knew joints instead of just shoulder and hip joints. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, EvilHayato said:

I agree for sure, same here. I wasnt complaining when I said it would be pretty much a statue. Its not really necessary to put him in any kind of really crazy poses. He just runs and jumps and flys for the most part.. pretty basic. Its more of having some articulation but not much and it raises the question of why not go more because that added articulation isnt doing as much as say a few more cuts would do to help it ala elbow and knew joints instead of just shoulder and hip joints. 

Yea, I see what you’re saying... It does kind of baffle the mind as to why they only go so far sometimes, and much further, in others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ShemShem said:

Never heard of Spyro before. I ain't buying this, what's the point.

cool story bro. What was the point of your post? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, EvilHayato said:

cool story bro. What was the point of your post? 

BBTS store credit. That's not the only reason I'm on this site though btw. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^ I’m just keeping an eye open for any posts wherein you claim to actually like something, myself. 😏

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love NECA, but you always have to wait for the finished product. Too often their prototype images look far superior than what ends up in retail, more so than other companies IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×






Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE