NECA Previews Their First Spyro Video Game Based Figure

JayC

Following in the footsteps of Crash Bandicoot, NECA will be doing figures based on the Spyro video game series starting with Spyro The Dragon. Check out a preview image for the figure below and stay-tuned for more details and images to be released soon. This onw will be out early next year and include articulated tail and ball-jointed wings.
1 of 1

Man this looks awesome. I loved how the Crash turned out and this looks to be just as amazing. I need to buy the Crash still because this will look amazing next to it. 

Well. I can't say much. I have heard of this game, but never actually played. Different from Crash that I actually played a bit and it is a lot of fun. 

Don't really know about the ,arket for this, but Neca is taking risks as usual. 

Official images and info added:

From the classic and beloved video games, the adventurous young dragon Spyro makes his debut as a NECA action figure!

The purple dragon is styled as he first appeared in the games and measures nearly 8” in length with tail straightened. He’s fully articulated, including ball jointed wings, segmented tail, hips, ankles, chest and more!

Shipping Date: Q2 2019. You can pre-order this figure now at BigBadToyStore.com.

NECA-Spyro-01.jpg

NECA-Spyro-02.jpg

NECA-Spyro-03.jpg

NECA-Spyro-04.jpg

NECA-Spyro-05.jpg

NECA-Spyro-06.jpg

NECA-Spyro-07.jpg

3 hours ago, FASVB said:

Well. I can't say much. I have heard of this game, but never actually played. Different from Crash that I actually played a bit and it is a lot of fun. 

Don't really know about the ,arket for this, but Neca is taking risks as usual. 

They are kind of synonymous with eachother. Also just like when they did Crash, Spyro is getting a remastering of his series as well which is coming out soon. Both are from the PS1 era of games and now both are owned by Activision. I would say if Crash sold well, this will as well as both are similar markets. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, EvilHayato said:

They are kind of synonymous with eachother. Also just like when they did Crash, Spyro is getting a remastering of his series as well which is coming out soon. Both are from the PS1 era of games and now both are owned by Activision. I would say if Crash sold well, this will as well as both are similar markets. 

You say Activision I keep trying to remember more cool properties from them taht would make good figures 

16 hours ago, FASVB said:

You say Activision I keep trying to remember more cool properties from them taht would make good figures 

Most of their brands wouldnt make great figures... Call of Duty, Tony Hawks pro skater, etc. They didnt always own the Crash and Spyro properties.. those were Naughty Dog and Insomniac games that originally made them. Activision does license Destiny tho. Most of what Activision makes nowadays is not that interesting and is just some a small amount of properties. Oh yeah and they own Blizzard... so theres that.. warcraft, starcraft, diablo, etc etc. 

loved the first Spyro game — which is the only one I ever got to play... So this is actually a mad nostalgic piece, for me. I’m all kinds of wanting this bad boy! ?

9 hours ago, EvilHayato said:

Oh yeah and they own Blizzard... so theres that.. warcraft, starcraft, diablo, etc etc. 

I did not know that. But again. I'm not into the game world. Haven't played seriously for a decade now. 

The looks is pretty good, but it looks like the articulation is very minimal. I'm not sure how much articulation you really needed on a Spyro figure, but it would be nice to give him joints at the knees or maybe have some swappable legs with a different molded pose. 

6 minutes ago, Thinwheat said:

The looks is pretty good, but it looks like the articulation is very minimal. I'm not sure how much articulation you really needed on a Spyro figure, but it would be nice to give him joints at the knees or maybe have some swappable legs with a different molded pose. 

It wouldve made sense to add actual usable articulation. The knee and elbow joints would have been great to have had added. Same with the tail which is just dead straight and no curve.. altho in the games thats kind of how it is as hes always running.. This will pretty much be a statue with articulation pretty much how most of my NECA collection is. I love NECA but most of their articulation is like HEY LOOK WE DID ARTICULATION GUYS ITS NOT A MCFARLANE STATUE! but put articulation in areas but not in the other areas to support that added articulation. 

15 hours ago, FASVB said:

I did not know that. But again. I'm not into the game world. Haven't played seriously for a decade now. 

Its technically a merger.. they are referred to as Activision Blizzard as an overall brand name but you only see Activision or Blilzzard on the products. 

• Like 1

On 11/4/2018 at 11:56 AM, EvilHayato said:

This will pretty much be a statue with articulation pretty much how most of my NECA collection is.

It’s not that big of an issue for me, as I really don’t see myself putting Spyro in a ton of crazy poses — which wouldn’t really be befitting of the character, anyway. But, it would admittedly be nice to have that option, more often than not.

4 hours ago, sXeblues said:

It’s not that big of an issue for me, as I really don’t see myself putting Spyro in a ton of crazy poses — which wouldn’t really be befitting of the character, anyway. But, it would admittedly be nice to have that option, more often than not.

I agree for sure, same here. I wasnt complaining when I said it would be pretty much a statue. Its not really necessary to put him in any kind of really crazy poses. He just runs and jumps and flys for the most part.. pretty basic. Its more of having some articulation but not much and it raises the question of why not go more because that added articulation isnt doing as much as say a few more cuts would do to help it ala elbow and knew joints instead of just shoulder and hip joints. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, EvilHayato said:

I agree for sure, same here. I wasnt complaining when I said it would be pretty much a statue. Its not really necessary to put him in any kind of really crazy poses. He just runs and jumps and flys for the most part.. pretty basic. Its more of having some articulation but not much and it raises the question of why not go more because that added articulation isnt doing as much as say a few more cuts would do to help it ala elbow and knew joints instead of just shoulder and hip joints. 

Yea, I see what you’re saying... It does kind of baffle the mind as to why they only go so far sometimes, and much further, in others.

4 hours ago, ShemShem said:

Never heard of Spyro before. I ain't buying this, what's the point.

cool story bro. What was the point of your post? 

I love NECA, but you always have to wait for the finished product. Too often their prototype images look far superior than what ends up in retail, more so than other companies IMO.