WB Interested In Ewan McGregor To Play 'Black Mask' For 'Birds Of Prey'

Outsiders

Warner Bros. is looking to get Ewan McGregor to play the Batman villain Black Mask in the Harley Quinn spinoff, “Birds of Prey.”  The studio became interested in McGregor for the role when Mary Elizabeth Winstead and Jurnee Smollett-Bell joined the cast as Huntress and Black Canary.

Birds of Prey will have the Huntress, Black Canary, and Margot Robbie’s Harley Quinn battling Black Mask, a kingpin in Gotham City’s criminal underworld who has a fixation with masks. Rosie Perez is set to play Gotham City police detective Renee Montoya.

The project is being directed by Cathy Yan and looking to premiere on February 7th, 2020.

Source: Variety

Ewan-McGregor-Black-Mask.jpg

That would be quite the casting coup, if this turns out to be true... It would certainly add a level of class to the picture, in any case.

This is very interesting. I just don't see him as a villain.  But he is one of the greatest actors of his generation and can do pretty much everything. 

20 hours ago, FASVB said:

he is one of the greatest actors of his generation and can do pretty much everything. 

That’s the one major thing that I think he’s got going for him, even in a villain role like this. I’m sure, as long as the material is there for him to work with, he’ll deliver on it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, sXeblues said:

That’s the one major thing that I think he’s got going for him, even in a villain role like this. I’m sure, as long as the material is there for him to work with, he’ll deliver on it.

I really wanna see him as a mature Obi-Wan on a solo movie. Hope they make it happen. 

On 11/3/2018 at 9:41 PM, FASVB said:

I really wanna see him as a mature Obi-Wan on a solo movie. Hope they make it happen. 

That’s the one thing I’m still holding out hope for... I really want to see that happen, as well.

12 hours ago, sXeblues said:

That’s the one thing I’m still holding out hope for... I really want to see that happen, as well.

Seriously than other than a KotOR style movie that is the only movie I want from Star wars these days. 

I was really hoping for a cartoon of that era, but I don't think that is gonna happen. Lucasfilm now doesn't seem interested in the old mythology and only wants to put newer stuff that doesn't interest me at all.  That crappy Solo movie doesn't really count as older mythos. At least not to me.  

14 hours ago, FASVB said:

Seriously than other than a KotOR style movie that is the only movie I want from Star wars these days. 

I was really hoping for a cartoon of that era, but I don't think that is gonna happen. Lucasfilm now doesn't seem interested in the old mythology and only wants to put newer stuff that doesn't interest me at all.  That crappy Solo movie doesn't really count as older mythos. At least not to me.  

I had a pretty good time with Solo, personally... But I’ve long wanted to see them dabble in the KOTOR era and such, for a mad long time now. Much akin to an Obi-Wan solo film, I’ll still always hold onto hope for something along those lines.

On 11/6/2018 at 11:24 PM, sXeblues said:

I had a pretty good time with Solo, personally... But I’ve long wanted to see them dabble in the KOTOR era and such, for a mad long time now. Much akin to an Obi-Wan solo film, I’ll still always hold onto hope for something along those lines.

The only way that I can possibly  see that happening is if Filoni takes the lead.  To me he is the only guy there that has a clue. 

16 hours ago, FASVB said:

The only way that I can possibly  see that happening is if Filoni takes the lead.  To me he is the only guy there that has a clue. 

I’m really hoping that Filoni’s taking on directing an episode of The Mandalorian means that they’re testing the waters to see what he can do if he’s in charge of a live action production — which, if so, I hope he nails, so maybe the gamut will open wide up for his potentially taking the reins of a feature film, or trilogy.

• Like 1