Jack Bannon And Ben Aldridge Set To Star In 'Pennyworth' For Epix

Outsiders

Casting has begun on the upcoming EPIX drama series PENNYWORTH, from Warner Horizon Scripted Television and based on the characters from DC.  Jack Bannon has been cast in the lead role of Alfred Pennyworth with Ben Aldridge being cast in the lead role of Thomas Wayne.  The 10-episode, one-hour drama series is based on DC characters created by Bob Kane with Bill Finger. It follows Bruce Wayne's legendary butler, Alfred Pennyworth, a former British SAS soldier in his 20s, who forms a security company and goes to work with a young billionaire Thomas Wayne, who's not yet Bruce's father, in 1960s London.

Alfred Pennyworth is a boyishly handsome, cheerful, charming, clever young man from London. Honest, open-faced and witty; you'd never take him for an SAS killer. Alfred doesn't know how to reconcile the kind-hearted boy he used to be with the cold, calculated killer he was forced to become. He's a man on the make, who doesn't know what to make of himself yet.

Thomas Wayne is a young, fresh-faced billionaire hailing from the east coast of the United States. Confident and extremely disciplined, this young aristocrat meets an unlikely business partner in Alfred Pennyworth.

Drama from Executive Producers Bruno Heller and Danny Cannon to Begin Production Monday, October 22, 2018 at Warner Bros. Studios Leavesden, in the UK

Jack-Bannon-Ben-Aldridge.jpg

It is becoming increasingly hilarious to me how they are able to effectively milk Batman for all he’s worth these days, and he, himself, isn’t even a part of it; From Gotham, to Batwoman in the Arrowverse, to this series, now. Not that they can’t tell some interesting stories, based upon the characters that they’re focusing on. But, you don’t see this happening with the lore of any other character, anywhere.

• Like 2

On 10/15/2018 at 8:17 PM, sXeblues said:

It is becoming increasingly hilarious to me how they are able to effectively milk Batman for all he’s worth these days, and he, himself, isn’t even a part of it; From Gotham, to Batwoman in the Arrowverse, to this series, now. Not that they can’t tell some interesting stories, based upon the characters that they’re focusing on. But, you don’t see this happening with the lore of any other character, anywhere.

Agreed, it's getting to the point where it's ridiculous, I understand Batman is practically the most popular comic book character but give it a rest, already. It's also getting to that point with the Joker where we are about to get yet another incarnation of the Joker played by a different actor when the last one was two years ago again I understand we are dealing with possibly the most famous villain in comic book history but Batman has so many other villains that could be used. Why not make a Batman movie with Victor Zsasz and make it gritty, realistic serial killer movie? Also, WB/DC where's my Deadman movie? Isn't he from Gotham also? There's your Batman connection.

• Like 1

They are trying to use everything around Batman on TV without actually using him. Maybe it should be the other way around and just launch a Batman TV show. 

If they think that Arrow. Flash and all else were a hit, they ave no idea what a serious crime show with Batman would be like.  Could start as Batman year one and go up from there.  

On 10/17/2018 at 8:45 AM, Belmont13 said:

Agreed, it's getting to the point where it's ridiculous, I understand Batman is practically the most popular comic book character but give it a rest, already. It's also getting to that point with the Joker where we are about to get yet another incarnation of the Joker played by a different actor when the last one was two years ago again I understand we are dealing with possibly the most famous villain in comic book history but Batman has so many other villains that could be used. Why not make a Batman movie with Victor Zsasz and make it gritty, realistic serial killer movie? Also, WB/DC where's my Deadman movie? Isn't he from Gotham also? There's your Batman connection.

I love Joker, but yea — I agree... Harley Quinn too, for that matter. They’re two of my all-time favorite characters. And, they’re uber popular, so I get it. But, think of how many other awesome characters they could push to the forefront, who are, arguably, just as cool.

7 hours ago, FASVB said:

They are trying to use everything around Batman on TV without actually using him. Maybe it should be the other way around and just launch a Batman TV show. 

If they think that Arrow. Flash and all else were a hit, they ave no idea what a serious crime show with Batman would be like.  Could start as Batman year one and go up from there.  

Batman Year One would be awesome... I’d probably watch that in a heartbeat. But, WB really doesn’t know what the hell they’re doing, anymore. If they ever did. They think Batman has to bring in the big bucks cinematically, or nothing else.

9 hours ago, sXeblues said:

Batman Year One would be awesome... I’d probably watch that in a heartbeat. But, WB really doesn’t know what the hell they’re doing, anymore. If they ever did. They think Batman has to bring in the big bucks cinematically, or nothing else.

My thoughts exactly. They are doing well on TV, much more than Marvel actually except for the Netflix shows.  They could put the money on the right place and profit with licensing, advertisement and such. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, FASVB said:

My thoughts exactly. They are doing well on TV, much more than Marvel actually except for the Netflix shows.  They could put the money on the right place and profit with licensing, advertisement and such. 

Yea, exactly... It doesn’t help that the people overseeing things at WB continue to swap out, and things keep changing hands. By the time we see how well or not Aquaman, Shazam and the Wonder Woman sequel does, we’ll already be dealing with a whole new regime overseeing things like the Joaquin Phoenix Joker movie, and such. The lack of a plan of action, or an overseer to govern over everything, as Marvel Studios has, is the biggest problem for them, I think.