The Action Figure News Tip Hotline

24 minutes ago, Mr_Scary92 said:

Pricey indeed, in other stores the dinos are priced $35 bucks, here in Mexico Amazon is charging like $50 for the JP raptor, a little exaggerated to be basically repaints with a single accessory, the dilophosaurus was OK 'cause it comes with more stuff, I like it but it's kinda hard for me to step into this line.

Charlie, Blue y el Dilophosaurus están entre 598-672. No están tan caros. TAN. El original si está arriba de 1000, que se me hace una mamada. Pero el humano que si están vendiendo (nedry) está en 500... que es el precio estándar para la escala. Hasta más barato que en EEUU. No sabía que tú también eras mexa! Saludos!

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am creating this section for people who would like to help out with news. If you see something action figure newsworthy you think other readers might be interested in for us to report, post it here.

WARNING DO NOT BUY FROM MEGAPOLIS TOYS YOU WILL NOT GET YOUR MERCHANDISE AND THEY WILL DRAG OUT YOUR REFUND FOR MONTHS. I HAVE THREE DIFFERENT PURCHASES MADE WAY BACK IN OCTOBER OF WHICH I HAVE RECEIV

I know the stuff from Jurassic Park/world is not much commented here and the news already has about a week that it came out but I know there are a couple of people who will find it worth commenting so

Posted Images

awesome new playmobil back to the future set. its an advent calendar with a ton of new figures and accessories. heres playmobil's description:

With characters from the years 1955 and 1985 as well as many other details to recreate iconic scenes from cult movies. Including diorama (cardboard chart) of the town hall with tower clock of Hill Valley. Bonus for real fans: Postcard with bobble effect!

Great Scott! It’s a Back to the Future Advent Calendar! Open the set to reveal the historic clock tower and 24 doors containing a different surprise item leading up to Christmas. Rock n’ roll with Marty, test the plutonium with Doc Brown, or quickly hop on your skateboard to get away from nemesis, Biff. Once all the pieces are revealed, you’re all ready to travel back to the future. Missing a time machine? Add the Back to the Future DeLorean (70317 - sold separately) for even more fun! Set includes clock tower, seven figures, guitar, speaker, Twin Pines Mall sign, letter to future Doc Brown, hazmat suit, bench, plutonium, and tons of other accessories. Recommended for ages five years and up.Warning. Choking Hazard. Small parts. Not for children under 3 years.

this came out today in the US and is available for $34.99.

Back to the Future Advent Calendar1.png

Back to the Future Advent Calendar.png

Back to the Future Advent Calendar.jpeg.jpg

Back to the Future Advent alendar.jpeg-1.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
16 hours ago, DrLava said:

didnt see this anywhere. new predator figures, supposedly licensed, from the company that makes those bootleg gi joes, corps. its says its a walmart exclusive. 7" is $9.84 each, 12" is $19.88 each.

Ha!, I knew it, eventually they would make Predators toys too, these Xenomorphs could not come alone without some Yautja friends to play with them.

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

WARNING DO NOT BUY FROM MEGAPOLIS TOYS YOU WILL NOT GET YOUR MERCHANDISE AND THEY WILL DRAG OUT YOUR REFUND FOR MONTHS. I HAVE THREE DIFFERENT PURCHASES MADE WAY BACK IN OCTOBER OF WHICH I HAVE RECEIVED NONE. I HAVE BEEN DEMANDING A REFUND FOR MONTHS AND STILL HAVE GOTTEN NOTHING BUT EMPTY PROMISES. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED SHOP ELSEWHERE!!!!!

• Thanks 2
  • 3 weeks later...

I apologize if this is not the appropriate thread for this...

Currently I am working with a colleague on a novel. Here is a short synopsis of it if you are needing some context: https://www.overlordsofthecosmos.com/what-is-ootc

Anyway, as we have plugged along on this literary endeavor, it occurred to me that it would be extremely cool if I could have one of the protagonists of the novel (Fearsome Phantos) prototyped... just for fun.

Well, that snowballed into the possibility of launching a full-fledged line of figures inspired by the Overlords of the Cosmos, a fictional property based on Masters of the Universe that plays a pivotal role in the novel. And it kept snowballing. Now I'm considering making another aspect of the novel a part of this action figure line... the "Create-A-Character" contest. In the novel, the main protagonist enters such a contest. How cool would it be to hold open submission periods so that peers could vote on the design they want included in the line? This could be a reoccurring feature, though how often it might take place is undecided at this point.

We're early in the process, but Fearsome Phantos is being prototyped "as we speak". Once his design is perfect, it'll be time to decide how many I want produced.

I could really use any input and feedback that others have as we head down this road to see where it leads. I'm uncertain at this time about a lot of things, but means of distribution and the quantity we'll need are chief among them. In the meantime, here are design sketches that I have created for the current lineup of characters (from left to right... "Skullagar", "Fearsome Phantos", "EyeSpy", "Masculon", "Munch Mouth", "Mace Ace", "Vile-Ette", "Defendra", "Creecharr", "Flip Grip") as well as packaging design images:

Group Pic 7.png

card back.png

card_front.png

• Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...

spacer.png

Since the trailer is making some noise. Bandai spirits SH monsterarts Godzilla and Kong figures.

spacer.png

spacer.png

By the way, #TeamKong!

• Thanks 1

I thought I'd send over this little fun tidbit of information on the Power Rangers Lightning collection

it seems as though Pumpkin Rapper and King Sphinx have been recalled, and are no longer being sold in Canada (this information comes from several EB employees), all of the figures on pre-order have been cancelled and any that hit shelves have been removed, from the information that I have gotten this is likely due to the horrendous lackluster paint applications on both figures faces. I presume Hasbro has heard the complaints and probably now recognized that they attempted to pass the consumers a poor product. I think it's sort of humorous that we continue to see the negligence of the Lightning collection team currently at Hasbro and how they keep falling asleep at the wheel with this line, from the White Dino ranger issue, to the unannounced releases and now more bad paint apps or well none.

• Like 1
On 1/30/2021 at 11:58 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

I thought I'd send over this little fun tidbit of information on the Power Rangers Lightning collection

it seems as though Pumpkin Rapper and King Sphinx have been recalled, and are no longer being sold in Canada (this information comes from several EB employees), all of the figures on pre-order have been cancelled and any that hit shelves have been removed, from the information that I have gotten this is likely due to the horrendous lackluster paint applications on both figures faces. I presume Hasbro has heard the complaints and probably now recognized that they attempted to pass the consumers a poor product. I think it's sort of humorous that we continue to see the negligence of the Lightning collection team currently at Hasbro and how they keep falling asleep at the wheel with this line, from the White Dino ranger issue, to the unannounced releases and now more bad paint apps or well none.

Hmm interesting. Its odd they would cancel and not just do a running change if that was the case, but thanks for the heads up.

• Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...

Somewhat old news , but Medicos Entertainment showed a painted prototype of their Super Action Statue Jagi figure from Fist of the North Star. Pre-orders will open in April.

spacer.png

• Thanks 1