The Action Figure News Tip Hotline

JayC

• 1 month later...

WARNING DO NOT BUY FROM MEGAPOLIS TOYS YOU WILL NOT GET YOUR MERCHANDISE AND THEY WILL DRAG OUT YOUR REFUND FOR MONTHS. I HAVE THREE DIFFERENT PURCHASES MADE WAY BACK IN OCTOBER OF WHICH I HAVE RECEIVED NONE. I HAVE BEEN DEMANDING A REFUND FOR MONTHS AND STILL HAVE GOTTEN NOTHING BUT EMPTY PROMISES. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED SHOP ELSEWHERE!!!!!

• Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...

I apologize if this is not the appropriate thread for this...

Currently I am working with a colleague on a novel. Here is a short synopsis of it if you are needing some context: https://www.overlordsofthecosmos.com/what-is-ootc

Anyway, as we have plugged along on this literary endeavor, it occurred to me that it would be extremely cool if I could have one of the protagonists of the novel (Fearsome Phantos) prototyped... just for fun.

Well, that snowballed into the possibility of launching a full-fledged line of figures inspired by the Overlords of the Cosmos, a fictional property based on Masters of the Universe that plays a pivotal role in the novel. And it kept snowballing. Now I'm considering making another aspect of the novel a part of this action figure line... the "Create-A-Character" contest. In the novel, the main protagonist enters such a contest. How cool would it be to hold open submission periods so that peers could vote on the design they want included in the line? This could be a reoccurring feature, though how often it might take place is undecided at this point.

We're early in the process, but Fearsome Phantos is being prototyped "as we speak". Once his design is perfect, it'll be time to decide how many I want produced.

I could really use any input and feedback that others have as we head down this road to see where it leads. I'm uncertain at this time about a lot of things, but means of distribution and the quantity we'll need are chief among them. In the meantime, here are design sketches that I have created for the current lineup of characters (from left to right... "Skullagar", "Fearsome Phantos", "EyeSpy", "Masculon", "Munch Mouth", "Mace Ace", "Vile-Ette", "Defendra", "Creecharr", "Flip Grip") as well as packaging design images:

Group Pic 7.png

card back.png

card_front.png

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I thought I'd send over this little fun tidbit of information on the Power Rangers Lightning collection

it seems as though Pumpkin Rapper and King Sphinx have been recalled, and are no longer being sold in Canada (this information comes from several EB employees), all of the figures on pre-order have been cancelled and any that hit shelves have been removed, from the information that I have gotten this is likely due to the horrendous lackluster paint applications on both figures faces. I presume Hasbro has heard the complaints and probably now recognized that they attempted to pass the consumers a poor product. I think it's sort of humorous that we continue to see the negligence of the Lightning collection team currently at Hasbro and how they keep falling asleep at the wheel with this line, from the White Dino ranger issue, to the unannounced releases and now more bad paint apps or well none.

• Like 1

On 1/30/2021 at 11:58 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

I thought I'd send over this little fun tidbit of information on the Power Rangers Lightning collection

it seems as though Pumpkin Rapper and King Sphinx have been recalled, and are no longer being sold in Canada (this information comes from several EB employees), all of the figures on pre-order have been cancelled and any that hit shelves have been removed, from the information that I have gotten this is likely due to the horrendous lackluster paint applications on both figures faces. I presume Hasbro has heard the complaints and probably now recognized that they attempted to pass the consumers a poor product. I think it's sort of humorous that we continue to see the negligence of the Lightning collection team currently at Hasbro and how they keep falling asleep at the wheel with this line, from the White Dino ranger issue, to the unannounced releases and now more bad paint apps or well none.

Hmm interesting. Its odd they would cancel and not just do a running change if that was the case, but thanks for the heads up.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
On 1/10/2021 at 10:24 PM, Vaporman87 said:

I apologize if this is not the appropriate thread for this...

Currently I am working with a colleague on a novel. Here is a short synopsis of it if you are needing some context: https://www.overlordsofthecosmos.com/what-is-ootc

Anyway, as we have plugged along on this literary endeavor, it occurred to me that it would be extremely cool if I could have one of the protagonists of the novel (Fearsome Phantos) prototyped... just for fun.

Well, that snowballed into the possibility of launching a full-fledged line of figures inspired by the Overlords of the Cosmos, a fictional property based on Masters of the Universe that plays a pivotal role in the novel. And it kept snowballing. Now I'm considering making another aspect of the novel a part of this action figure line... the "Create-A-Character" contest. In the novel, the main protagonist enters such a contest. How cool would it be to hold open submission periods so that peers could vote on the design they want included in the line? This could be a reoccurring feature, though how often it might take place is undecided at this point.

We're early in the process, but Fearsome Phantos is being prototyped "as we speak". Once his design is perfect, it'll be time to decide how many I want produced.

I could really use any input and feedback that others have as we head down this road to see where it leads. I'm uncertain at this time about a lot of things, but means of distribution and the quantity we'll need are chief among them. In the meantime, here are design sketches that I have created for the current lineup of characters (from left to right... "Skullagar", "Fearsome Phantos", "EyeSpy", "Masculon", "Munch Mouth", "Mace Ace", "Vile-Ette", "Defendra", "Creecharr", "Flip Grip") as well as packaging design images:

Group Pic 7.png

card back.png

card_front.png

An update on the work we've been doing... 

The alpha draft of the novel is nearing completion. Lots of editing to be done after that, but it's exciting to be so close to a finished draft.

Two figures, the main fictional characters in the novel, are in production now. Very cool.

Novel Cover Mockup.png

FP Package Mockup.png

MG Package Mockup.png

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vaporman87 said:

An update on the work we've been doing... 

The alpha draft of the novel is nearing completion. Lots of editing to be done after that, but it's exciting to be so close to a finished draft.

Two figures, the main fictional characters in the novel, are in production now. Very cool.

Novel Cover Mockup.png

FP Package Mockup.png

MG Package Mockup.png

Let me know when and where to buy, I am diggin all of this, you have done a tremendous amount of work.

On 4/23/2021 at 4:23 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Let me know when and where to buy, I am diggin all of this, you have done a tremendous amount of work.

Sure thing LS. Thank you for the kind words! It has been a lot of work, but also a very fun and enlightening experience. They will be available on the website and hopefully the book will be available at all the typical places you buy books.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Not sure if this is the right place, but a few of the Jurassic World Amber figures are half price at Target until Tuesday. Good deals.

https://www.target.com/p/jurassic-world-amber-collection-pteranodon/-/A-81820394#lnk=sametab

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Mr_Scary92 said:

Apparently the guys from Premium DNA have finally shown the Mad Ball Monsters wave 1 production samples.

FB_IMG_1625341268182.jpg

FB_IMG_1625341261427.jpg

FB_IMG_1625341272573.jpg

FB_IMG_1625341279149.jpg

spacer.png

I honestly was waiting for a Shocket toys outcome...still sorta am, please let me get these figs.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Mr_Scary92 said:

Well, they showed something...after all these months, they should be given some credit at least even so this won't clean up the bad reputation and public image Premium DNA has as company. 

Yeah I just want my figures, and not to have wasted the good grip of money that these cost me, So I've been reassured (not that it means much from those folks) that I will be getting these figures even though I ordered through Megalopolis, I don't care about what they have done or didn't at this point, just at least fulfill these figures people have payed for, this was the endgame right Megalopolis/Premium DNA, to funnel all of your money into becoming an artisanal toy maker..well you gotta give some product for that to be a reality

hey they showed us something that looked like progress, I'm happy (for now)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
20 hours ago, Satam said:

Riiiiiiight.

Skeptical I see, Well I really hope this isn't a Shocker toys thing, I payed good money for these figures I really want to believe I will eventually get them and I have not been bamboozled , I'm hoping this is a good sign, don't bring me down LoL.

38 minutes ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Skeptical I see, Well I really hope this isn't a Shocker toys thing, I payed good money for these figures I really want to believe I will eventually get them and I have not been bamboozled , I'm hoping this is a good sign, don't bring me down LoL.

Premium DNA is from the same people who ran Megalopolis Toys. I really hope it goes well for you.

3 hours ago, Satam said:

Premium DNA is from the same people who ran Megalopolis Toys. I really hope it goes well for you.

Yeah exactly why I myself have been closely watching their progress and being skeptical myself about this whole process, they are the same people, and sadly they have been acting like they have distanced themselves from whomever was behind the whole debacle at Megalopolis, yet they have not fooled me, same owners, my fingers have been crossed for over a year.

• 2 weeks later...