#NYCC 2018 Storm Collectibles - Mortal Kombat, DC Injustice 2, FIst Of The North Star & More

JayC

Shown below are updated images from the Storm Collectibles video game based figures on display at the 2018 New York Comic Con Bluefin Distributor booth. Shown are figures for their 1/12 scale Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, DC Injustice 2, The King of Fighters, Tekken and FIst Of The North Star lines.

2018-NYCC-Storm-Collectibles01.jpg

2018-NYCC-Storm-Collectibles02.jpg

2018-NYCC-Storm-Collectibles03.jpg

2018-NYCC-Storm-Collectibles04.jpg

2018-NYCC-Storm-Collectibles05.jpg

2018-NYCC-Storm-Collectibles06.jpg

2018-NYCC-Storm-Collectibles07.jpg

2018-NYCC-Storm-Collectibles08.jpg

2018-NYCC-Storm-Collectibles09.jpg

2018-NYCC-Storm-Collectibles10.jpg

2018-NYCC-Storm-Collectibles11.jpg

2018-NYCC-Storm-Collectibles12.jpg

2018-NYCC-Storm-Collectibles13.jpg

2018-NYCC-Storm-Collectibles14.jpg

2018-NYCC-Storm-Collectibles15.jpg

2018-NYCC-Storm-Collectibles16.jpg

2018-NYCC-Storm-Collectibles17.jpg

2018-NYCC-Storm-Collectibles18.jpg

2018-NYCC-Storm-Collectibles19.jpg

2018-NYCC-Storm-Collectibles20.jpg

2018-NYCC-Storm-Collectibles21.jpg

2018-NYCC-Storm-Collectibles22.jpg

2018-NYCC-Storm-Collectibles23.jpg

2018-NYCC-Storm-Collectibles24.jpg

2018-NYCC-Storm-Collectibles25.jpg

2018-NYCC-Storm-Collectibles26.jpg

2018-NYCC-Storm-Collectibles27.jpg

2018-NYCC-Storm-Collectibles28.jpg

2018-NYCC-Storm-Collectibles29.jpg

2018-NYCC-Storm-Collectibles30.jpg

2018-NYCC-Storm-Collectibles31.jpg

2018-NYCC-Storm-Collectibles32.jpg

2018-NYCC-Storm-Collectibles33.jpg

2018-NYCC-Storm-Collectibles34.jpg

2018-NYCC-Storm-Collectibles35.jpg

2018-NYCC-Storm-Collectibles36.jpg

2018-NYCC-Storm-Collectibles37.jpg

2018-NYCC-Storm-Collectibles38.jpg

2018-NYCC-Storm-Collectibles39.jpg

2018-NYCC-Storm-Collectibles40.jpg

2018-NYCC-Storm-Collectibles41.jpg

2018-NYCC-Storm-Collectibles42.jpg

2018-NYCC-Storm-Collectibles43.jpg

2018-NYCC-Storm-Collectibles44.jpg

2018-NYCC-Storm-Collectibles45.jpg

2018-NYCC-Storm-Collectibles46.jpg

2018-NYCC-Storm-Collectibles47.jpg

2018-NYCC-Storm-Collectibles48.jpg

2018-NYCC-Storm-Collectibles49.jpg

This is the company Ive been waiting for! :D A bit disappointed that there arent really any new sculpts being shown but the ones that have been shown are definitely modified and upgraded. Baraka looks near completed now and I would suspect not much longer until hes actually released, most likely 1st quarter 2019. The sheen on the Cybers looks fantastic and I cant wait to get them all in my hands! I am kind of sad there are no release dates for them yet but in a way im thankful as it gives me time to save up. I am still very curious how they are going to sell that Liu Kang Dragon. Its so big! Its very reminiscent of Fing Fang Fooms BAF. Unmasked Sub Zero still looks super weird like his head is too big or his body is too short... or both. Just looks off.

Im kind of astounded that the Violent Ken and Evil Ryu figures are $75!! That means that if they do do SF2 based things, thats the main price point now? and thats not even for the bigger characters? or is that just the special evil price? So many questions. I like those "special edition" prices tho! :D Looks like the next storm for me besides the nycc stuff is GORO! 

The Injustice figs are much more articulated now and look great but Im not a big DC guy nor am I a huge fan of the designs in the games. Love the games tho just not enough to buy a super expensive figure of them. But they look great and MASSIVE.. makes me wonder how much they are going to be. 

Loving the looks of Chun-Li, Lobo, Darkseid, Jin from Tekken and Kenshiro from Fist of the North Star... Almost all of which are brand new, to my eyes. ?

46 minutes ago, sXeblues said:

Loving the looks of Chun-Li, Lobo, Darkseid, Jin from Tekken and Kenshiro from Fist of the North Star... Almost all of which are brand new, to my eyes. ?

Thats not Jin, its his papa, Kazuya. Theyve only shown Heihachi and Kazuya so far from the series but hopefully we see more soon. I need my Jack! 

7 minutes ago, EvilHayato said:

Thats not Jin, its his papa, Kazuya. Theyve only shown Heihachi and Kazuya so far from the series but hopefully we see more soon. I need my Jack! 

Oh damn — thanks for the clarification... But yea, he still looks pretty badass. ?

I was hoping to see more KoF, but that is ok the Lin Kuei ninjas are one the coolest things indeed. I am not seeing Kitana and Mileena. They were shown at SDCC. 

10 minutes ago, FASVB said:

I was hoping to see more KoF, but that is ok the Lin Kuei ninjas are one the coolest things indeed. I am not seeing Kitana and Mileena. They were shown at SDCC. 

They dont seem to always show the same stuff at each con. Also they may have had to be reworked so that may also be why they werent shown. They havent shown that Liu Kang or MKX Scorpion since like a year or so ago either. I think some figs get pushed further than others. During that same time we saw protos of the cybers and kitana and baraka. And they took a good while to bring out goro as well. He was one of the first figures they were working on. Im sure he was took aloooot of tweaking to get right. 

54 minutes ago, EvilHayato said:

They dont seem to always show the same stuff at each con. Also they may have had to be reworked so that may also be why they werent shown. They havent shown that Liu Kang or MKX Scorpion since like a year or so ago either. I think some figs get pushed further than others. During that same time we saw protos of the cybers and kitana and baraka. And they took a good while to bring out goro as well. He was one of the first figures they were working on. Im sure he was took aloooot of tweaking to get right. 

To me the longer they take, the better since right now I cant afford a single one. 

14 minutes ago, FASVB said:

To me the longer they take, the better since right now I cant afford a single one. 

I feel you there. Altho with con ninjas and now Goro coming next month... I m going to have to sell my fluids to pay for them all. 

4 hours ago, EvilHayato said:

I feel you there. Altho with con ninjas and now Goro coming next month... I m going to have to sell my fluids to pay for them all. 

At least you have that option!. Here is illegal, otherwise I would have  way more figures hahaha

Call it bleeding money. 

9 hours ago, FASVB said:

At least you have that option!. Here is illegal, otherwise I would have  way more figures hahaha

Call it bleeding money. 

haha yeah that sucks. Ive accumulated so much random stuff in the past decade or 2 that I have too much of it. And with storm stuff being so high Ive been selling my stuff off to pay for it. A way of purging I suppose and having more quality than quantity. I want to be able to contain what I have without feeling overwhelmed so this helps with that and gives me more motivation to do so. What sucks is now Im starting to have way too many hasbro marvel legends. Before I had a massive amount of toybiz ones but those have been easy to part with overall since their designs didnt stand the test of time and alot of hasbros stuff has improved upon and replaced some of those characters. Im starting to hit some of my more favored things to sell off so its becoming a little harder to part with.

• Like 1

Kenshiro is one that I was most looking forward to possible seeing at NYCC, but I'm really hoping they don't go with a soft goods pant for him. Mezco fills the soft goods bill for me, I really just want SC to do their thing and keep making plastic figures like with their Mortal Combat/Street Fighter stuff. If he has soft goods pants, I'm going to have to pass on him. 
Otherwise, his likeness looks very good.

44 minutes ago, Thinwheat said:

Kenshiro is one that I was most looking forward to possible seeing at NYCC, but I'm really hoping they don't go with a soft goods pant for him. Mezco fills the soft goods bill for me, I really just want SC to do their thing and keep making plastic figures like with their Mortal Combat/Street Fighter stuff. If he has soft goods pants, I'm going to have to pass on him. 
Otherwise, his likeness looks very good.

What do you mean by "soft goods"? Do you mean cloth/fabric material? You can pretty much expect Ken to be just like the other Storm figs where its plastic and articulated. But again i dont know what you mean by that terminology. 

I knew something was wrong before I even checked this topic and by the time the page finished loading my wallet was already dead...

THOSE BASTARDS.jpg

Even though I dont collect MK figures baraka is looking amazing, Im still debating on buying that goro, every review I see just makes me want him even more.
I hope they give us an update on the Injustice figures soon (when theyll be released and details) Im really looking forward for that Lobo Figure, correct me if its just me but are these on a bigger scale or is it just because they are prototipes, Lobo which would be a regular-ish sized figure in the line looks like quite a bit taller than Kazuya from Tekken (which im assuming is about ryu's size) if thats true he'd be about as tall as Zangieff and Darkseid posibly as big as Goro. Its not a deal breaker since storm uses their own particular scales, but I was thinking of adding this Lobo to my Superman Villians collection (which is mainly DC Direct & DCUC figures) and he's going to be a little big (I never liked the DCUC Lobo because he was just out of scale to what the character should have been, and im not too trilled on how the upcoming DC Multiverse CNC Lobo figure looks) I guess we'll have to wait for Storm to give us more specs on these figures to see if he'll fit in my collection (though im pretty sure ill probably end up buying him anyway jaja)

17 hours ago, abnuggler said:

Even though I dont collect MK figures baraka is looking amazing, Im still debating on buying that goro, every review I see just makes me want him even more.
I hope they give us an update on the Injustice figures soon (when theyll be released and details) Im really looking forward for that Lobo Figure, correct me if its just me but are these on a bigger scale or is it just because they are prototipes, Lobo which would be a regular-ish sized figure in the line looks like quite a bit taller than Kazuya from Tekken (which im assuming is about ryu's size) if thats true he'd be about as tall as Zangieff and Darkseid posibly as big as Goro. Its not a deal breaker since storm uses their own particular scales, but I was thinking of adding this Lobo to my Superman Villians collection (which is mainly DC Direct & DCUC figures) and he's going to be a little big (I never liked the DCUC Lobo because he was just out of scale to what the character should have been, and im not too trilled on how the upcoming DC Multiverse CNC Lobo figure looks) I guess we'll have to wait for Storm to give us more specs on these figures to see if he'll fit in my collection (though im pretty sure ill probably end up buying him anyway jaja)

They are definitely much larger than they are in the game. Darkseid is a bit large in the game but Lobo is pretty much just a bit above average in size/height compared to the cast. These may be 2 ups meaning they are double the size of what they will be after production. Im also not sure if they really use each licenses size universally. The Street Fighter V and MK figures seems to be very off when next to eachother imo. 

44 minutes ago, EvilHayato said:

They are definitely much larger than they are in the game. Darkseid is a bit large in the game but Lobo is pretty much just a bit above average in size/height compared to the cast. These may be 2 ups meaning they are double the size of what they will be after production. Im also not sure if they really use each licenses size universally. The Street Fighter V and MK figures seems to be very off when next to eachother imo. 

Yeah thats what ive been seeing hopefully once they are more close to production Lobo is just slightly above average size so he can fit most 6-7in collections.

I love Injustice 2, it pains me that the only good figure offerings are either very large or very small. Does Mattel have exclusive rights to the 6 to 7 inch scale? Because their attempt at Superman was dreadful. I really wish DC Collectibles could give us an Injustice line in scale with the Arkham figures.

1 hour ago, clockstomper said:

I love Injustice 2, it pains me that the only good figure offerings are either very large or very small. Does Mattel have exclusive rights to the 6 to 7 inch scale? Because their attempt at Superman was dreadful. I really wish DC Collectibles could give us an Injustice line in scale with the Arkham figures.

There were some injustice figures back when the first game came out but they were dreadful and im not sure if they were just 3.75in or if they were also 6 inch.. all i remember is they were atrocious looking.