Toys R Us Goes Out Of Business.... Just Kidding

JayC

5 minutes ago, sXeblues said:

Hmm... Doesn’t quite have they same ring to it, as ‘Toys R Us’ did. ?

True, but it may grow on us. They’re gonna leverage the loss felt by the people, that’s why they’re pushing that giraffe front and center. They saw all of social media mourning the loss and they will capitalize on it. Humans are driven by emotion and nostalgia has proven to be extremely powerful. This could be TRU’s moment to rise from the ashes as a majestic and powerful Phoenix. Or they’ll just make the exact same mistakes; falling to the earth under the weight of their hubris.

Either way, it should interesting.

Just like most things that are "revived" these days....They'll bring it back for the Nostalgia train to cash in but cancel it after 2 seasons...then it'll be related to the Shopping malls & die a slow undignified death like Kaybee & Toysrus….I think most of us are really glad to see the return of the Marvel Legends Exclusive's, the condensed aisle of Neca & weirdo toys. And maybe Hasbro is in the mood to make some bad decisions & bust out a small but uncommited line of G.I. Joes.....if they want to just break the bank make that a 6" line exclusive like the 1st few waves of the Star Wars Black line.

And Geoffrey is back too....don't forget that...poachers didn't get him after all...I heard he was at rehab with Batfleck...most people miss the store but I really miss the fact that sometimes they did have the Droids I was looking for & I didn't mind that they were marked up by $10 or more dollars....& their horrible bathrooms weren't winning awards back in the day either...

^ The biggest issue for me was always access and availability to any of the actual brick and mortar stores. If they were to adopt a pop-up model, or confined their locations to smaller store spaces in malls, I wonder if that would be less cost prohibitive than actually re-opening any former stores, or acquiring new store spaces. As long as they were nigh unreachable, I didn’t so much care about the exclusives. Unless they’re available online. Otherwise, I’d never have any hope of getting — or even looking for them — in the first place.