He-Man & Skeletor 1/6 Scale Figure Official Images From Mondo

JayC

Mondo has released official images for their upcoming 1/6 scale Masters of the Universe He-Man figure as well as a few additional images for their Skeletor.

The He-Man 1/6 Scale Figure features over 30 points of articulation, including power sword, battle axe, sheath, shield, short sword, hand blaster, rifle blaster, Burbie mini figure with stand, six different interchangeable hands, and fabric costume elements. The figure also comes with a regular and vintage portrait. This is the most powerful figure you will ever find, from here to Eternia!

The Mondo Exclusive features an alternative Skeletor portrait inspired by art in the vintage mini comics for use with the Skeletor 1/6 Scale Figure - coming soon! The regular version will cost $160 and the Mondo exclusive will be $165.

Besides images which you can check out below, they also created this vintage style toy commercial for the figures

Mondo-He-Man-01.jpg

Mondo-He-Man-02.jpg

Mondo-He-Man-03.jpg

Mondo-He-Man-04.jpg

Mondo-He-Man-05.jpg

Mondo-He-Man-06.jpg

Mondo-He-Man-07.jpg

Mondo-Skeletor-01.jpg

Mondo-Skeletor-02.jpg

Well out of my price range, but I can still ogle the hell out of them... The commercial was a nice touch, too. ?

Haha that was a fun comercial! 

These are to big for me, but I would love to get my hands on 6 or 7 inch figures looking good as those. Too bad I missed the Super 7 ultimate release. I wish very much that they re- released those. 

That tv commercial spoof was hilarious and amazing! These look cool but their body proportions look weird as hell to me. The detailing is really nice too, specifically on Skeletors staff. Altho Im not an overall fan of Skeletors design here, they do look really nice but not $160 friggin dollars nice imo. They are also 12 inch scale which I dont really collect anymore. 

Great Commercial...somebody really outta go back & redo a few more from the wide variety of 80s toys....
I'm a little shaky on He-man but I like that Skeletor…for the ahem..serious collector lol....that collector's price is steep.....but I see the realism they were going for....they look fairly solid in the commercial...I was waiting for Battlecat or Beastman to pop up outta nowhere though....

3 hours ago, JayC said:

I don't normally collect 12" figures but I gotta be honest, these look pretty damn good. I might have to break down and get them...Maybe.

We certainly would love to see a review of those 

7 hours ago, sXeblues said:

Well out of my price range, but I can still ogle the hell out of them... The commercial was a nice touch, too. ?

Ogle, yes ...  but I agree, a bit pricey, especially after the release of the Batman animated 12 inch figures at $125 

• Like 1

These look awesome!  I never got into the MOTUC line.  Had a lot of 200x figures but I had to sell them due to space.  All I have for He-Man are my vintage figures.  That said, maybe all the money I've saved on He-Man over the years is my excuse to get these two.  JUST these two......we'll see.

The "commercial" is hilarious and very faithful to the 80's ones.

The figures look amazing, BUT....I don't generally buy 12-inch figures and I can't justify (to myself) spending that amount of money on a toy.

If Mezco were to produce these figure in their uber expensive 6-inch line, I might have to reconsider but for me these are a pass.

11 minutes ago, MLs4life said:

Well, you 40 year olds have fun with these.

If you’re so much younger than some of the rest of us, shouldn’t you be tech savvy enough to post your cumulative statements in a single posting? ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, sXeblues said:

If you’re so much younger than some of the rest of us, shouldn’t you be tech savvy enough to post your cumulative statements in a single posting? ????

You re supposed to remind him that the contest is over. He didnt win. XD Also always love when someone comes into a thread to post that they arent interested in the thing thats being talked about. Its really engaging statements like that that further the conversation so much so that it deserves a one sentence response with like one word. or just a "cool story bro" and then back to the conversation. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I would like to add that according to the contest rules, these sort of posts don't count. Sorry. 

• Haha 1

I forgot to mention in my first post way up on the top that is it just me that finds very weird that He-Man comes with blasters?  Isn't he supposed to be the strongest man in the universe or something like that and has the Power Sword. 

• Haha 1

All I can say about the age thing is "When 900 years, you reach..." Eh, you know the rest. ? Kidding aside, I feel like a bad collector because this is the first I've even heard of Mondo. Of course, other than a select few Play Arts Kai, I stay waaaay out of this price range, so that's probably why. I love the look of these, though, and if I only had infinite shelf space and infinite money, I'd be signed up with a pre-order right now. ?

7 hours ago, EvilHayato said:

You re supposed to remind him that the contest is over. He didnt win. XD Also always love when someone comes into a thread to post that they arent interested in the thing thats being talked about. Its really engaging statements like that that further the conversation so much so that it deserves a one sentence response with like one word. or just a "cool story bro" and then back to the conversation. 

LOL, indeed... Especially as a writer, even if I don’t have much of an interest in an item or toyline that crops up on the boards, I still tend to write a little story, looking objectively at whatever said item is, and how it may or may not relate to my interests. Most of these multiple, one or two sentence posts though, I tend to look right past, as I know a conversation is the last thing that they’re really on about. ?

I think the commercial was funny and interesting, but He-Man looks like a butch woman more than a man. That haircut isn't right and something about the chin doesn't make me think He-Man. Out of my preferred scale anyway. 

I think the general consensus on this He-man is....he needs to come with more obvious "Roid Rage"....he's kinda scrawny for MOTUC standards....I think the original King Randor(he always reminded me of the Burger King on Roids) is more "swoll up" than this realer, healthier, less meat hulk, He-ster....I really dig Skeletor once again....lotsa great detail there....

I didnt realize this before because I dont really care for He man and am mostly a Skeletor fan until ThinWheat mentioned it, He man does have some kind of woman bob cut or something that makes him look more like a man in drag than our 80s barbarian. Something about it is just off.. I think its more of a Posh spice cut than an 80s bob.