Future Anniversary Sets?

GuitarDevil

Since the drought continues, here it is.....Hasbro use to release GI Joe vs Transformers set at SDCC every year. I remember the feeling of seeing a Starscream/Skystriker for the first time. I was excited & completely blown away on that first go around...problem was they had to use repaints often so while I did appreciate the effort it was a little labored. So this is completely hypothetical. If you had your druthers what would you come up with. It doesn't have to be just Joes Vs Tfs….I really dug all the 7 packs the 25th Ann & later lines put out. The Arctic & Desert sets for the Joes were pretty cool. Battle of Cobra Island sets were pretty slick as well.  I'm thinking so Hasbro doesn't put out Joes on the regular but how's about 2 sets a year...something like the Club but with more financial juice...….

1. I'm an obscure man, so another shot at the Oktober Guard set. 

2. Joe vs Tranformers set GI Joe-Killer Whale/Seaspray Vs Cobra-Hydrofoil/Dreadwing-Figures inc. Shipwreck/Polly, Cutter & ahh how about Xamot & Tomax..even throw in the little ATV

3. Cobra Law Set Vs GI Joe the Movie figs....Globulus, Nemesis Enforcer, Pythona, Cobra LAW troops, Cobra Commander pre-Joes Vs. Sgt Slaughter, Big Lob, Jinx, Law & Order, Lt. Falcon, Tunnel Rat, Chuckles...

4. M.A.S.K. concept set. They already made Matt Tracker howsabout a small VENOM vs MASK set....more to follow

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Roadpigmaster said:

Sounds good... Are you posting them on eBay or here? Prices?

If I had any of these sets I wouldn't be selling them...this is purely hypothetical....I just wanted to hear other ideas from other Joe fans. If were not getting Joes on the regular well maybe Hasslebro can put out a few sets at comic cons or toy cons throughout the year....

• 2 months later...

I'd personally like to see modern-sculpt updates on some of those old TRU sets, like the con exclusives that trickle-out from time to time. My three main wants are the Anti-Venom Task Force, Desert Strike Force, and Night Force sets re-done with the modern molds/parts. Or maybe even some of the older comic packs, like the "Snake Eyes Origin" three pack they did several years ago...

I guess the set I'd like to the most is the Anti-Venom set...that was such a sweet-looking set. I wish I had never sold mine... *sob*