Official 'Legendary AF' Hellboy NYCC Specialty Panel Teaser Poster

Outsiders

Lionsgate has released the official Hellboy New York Comic Convention Specialty Panel Teaser Poster with a release date of April 12th and the tagline of 'Legendary AF.'

The new Hellboy movie stars David Harbour as the title character with Ian McShane as Hellboy’s adoptive father, Professor Trevor Bruttenholm, Milla Jovovich as villain Nimue aka the Blood Queen, Sasha Lane will play Alice Monaghan, Penelope Mitchell will play the elder witch Ganeida, and Daniel Dae Kim is playing Major Ben Daimio.

hellboy_xlg.jpg

This is definitely one reboot I’m looking forward to. I’m glad they’re going with a darker theme. Was not a fan of pregnant Liz storyline. Bonus - David Harbour and Ian McShane, great casting picks.

I in no way wanted this originally but this guy was badass in Stranger Things and I love the look of this new Hellboy.

• Like 1

I actually enjoyed the first 2 movies of hellboy. Im interested to see where this one goes with its new direction. Hopefully it turns out well. 

I said this elsewhere on the forums, but I loved both of the Ron Perlman movies — and I couldn’t be more stoked for this one. I’ve seen this poster plastered all over Facebook this morning, and with good reason, cuz damn it is dope as hell.

• Like 1

I enjoyed the Ron Perlman movies as well, loved the creature and set designs, absolutely beautiful (the Angel of Death was great). 

That said, I del Toro focused too much on the Hellboy and Liz romance. I preferred the comic relationship where they were close friends.

B3A65958-99F7-4DD0-96BD-C9F91BB42B4D.jpeg

• Like 1

On 10/1/2018 at 10:47 PM, NeedlessImmortals said:

I in no way wanted this originally but this guy was badass in Stranger Things and I love the look of this new Hellboy.

I really liked Ron Pearlman on the other movies. Also I was in no way excited by this change. I don't watch Stranger Things so I couldn't know how this actor is. 

Just hope that they don't screw this up. They dissed everything that came before, so let's hope for the best. 

The original Hellboy movies are some of my favorite comic movies, I was really hoping for a 3rd but I have high hopes for this.

12 hours ago, FASVB said:

I don't watch Stranger Things so I couldn't know how this actor is. 

Its a good show, waaaay too overhyped though but if you have time give it a shot, you might enjoy it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NeedlessImmortals said:

The original Hellboy movies are some of my favorite comic movies, I was really hoping for a 3rd but I have high hopes for this.

Its a good show, waaaay too overhyped though but if you have time give it a shot, you might enjoy it.

That is one of the reason that I was not interested in this show. This excessive hype over it. 

3 hours ago, FASVB said:

That is one of the reason that I was not interested in this show. This excessive hype over it. 

I was lucky enough to watch it before all the hype started, if I had waited a few months I probably would have skipped it myself lol

^ I could never wrap my mind around the hype train mentality of some of these shows... Whether it’s Stranger Things or The Walking Dead, or Game of Thrones — not that I’m knocking any of them, nor anybody who really enjoys watching them. But, when my Facebook news feed is all but flooded with so many posts, from so many different people, all equally losing their minds over one or another of said shows, that tends to turn me off to even considering looking into any of them. I’ve always tended to be a little bit counter-culture, and non-conformist, and never more so than when the hype train runs off the proverbial rails.

2 hours ago, sXeblues said:

^ I could never wrap my mind around the hype train mentality of some of these shows... Whether it’s Stranger Things or The Walking Dead, or Game of Thrones — not that I’m knocking any of them, nor anybody who really enjoys watching them. But, when my Facebook news feed is all but flooded with so many posts, from so many different people, all equally losing their minds over one or another of said shows, that tends to turn me off to even considering looking into any of them. I’ve always tended to be a little bit counter-culture, and non-conformist, and never more so than when the hype train runs off the proverbial rails.

Same here, I still have not seen The Walking Dead or Breaking Bad because my dad was/is obsessed with those shows to an overly annoying level lol 

5 hours ago, NeedlessImmortals said:

Same here, I still have not seen The Walking Dead or Breaking Bad because my dad was/is obsessed with those shows to an overly annoying level lol 

Oh yea — Breaking Bad is definitely another one of them... I mean hey, I’m sure they’re serviceable, at the very least. But, with how much they’re hyped up, I just want nothing to do with them at all.

There is a point of excessive hype and hype that is truly earned. I have a buddy who always denied caring about Game of Thrones and I was like dude it lives up to its hype. He is a non conformist too as am I. I got into it at the start of Season 2 so the hype train was just starting up. So one day, I dont know what triggered him into it but he started to watch it. And now hes like the biggest fan ever with it. He even so far as to buy a bunch of GoT merch and read the books. The Walking Dead is pretty much that anymore, its a dead show thats on its last legs. I liked what it was, a zombie show with cool effects but they have focused too much on emotion and characters instead of the post apocalyptic feel it should have. There are way too many people alive in this show! I liked BB but not to the extent of everyone else, I also watched it way late in its life. Now with Strangers Things, Ive been into it since the start. Its a great show but see theres a reason we have so much random hype for shows. Most shows these days suck balls. Stranger Things hits alot of great things that arent seen in alot of shows or movies these days. And alot of 80s feels. Probably why IT remake was so fantastic, they kept that same tone. 

I LOVE the first 2 Hellboy films, they mean a lot to me and wish we could have gotten a 3rd but that was never going to happen anyways... But this has potential to be more accurate to the source material, so I'm excited for that and the cast is excellent! Looking forward to the trailer tomorrow.

18 hours ago, GojiBill said:

I know it’s just a poster, but the feel and style looks very promising. Very eager to see more.

AA33FCA9-9BD0-4A88-ADA9-2E1204DF86B7.jpeg

Wow I seriously missed that it was a movie, I thought this was going to be a tv show this whole time lol

I know that there’s not a whole helluva lot of room to really change up Hellboy’s look, as it’s a pretty signature look... But, from day one, I was surprised at how similar Perlman’s and Harbour’s appearances as the character, were. The biggest difference seems to be in the chest/torse region. But, apart from some minor differences to the facial makeup, you could almost mistake them for being the same actor, playing the same part, I think.

47734BC2-2954-4445-841F-825A0A4B7F4E.jpeg

44 minutes ago, sXeblues said:

I know that there’s not a whole helluva lot of room to really change up Hellboy’s look, as it’s a pretty signature look... But, from day one, I was surprised at how similar Perlman’s and Harbour’s appearances as the character, were. The biggest difference seems to be in the chest/torse region. But, apart from some minor differences to the facial makeup, you could almost mistake them for being the same actor, playing the same part, I think.

47734BC2-2954-4445-841F-825A0A4B7F4E.jpeg

Yeah, the heads are virtually identical, besides Harbour being slightly grimmer. The body suit has definitely been improved and appears more organic. The original design took a lotta inspiration from Mignola’s art style with Guillermo’s tweaks. 

Bonus - Perlman gave Harbour and the reboot his blessings. Perlman is a great actor, but he’s getting up in age. Action roles are a little heavy for him these days and you can’t build an action oriented franchise around him if you want pump out a new trilogy.

As a fan of the Hellboy, the original films, and Harbour, I’m really looking forward to seeing this reboot.

1 hour ago, GojiBill said:

Yeah, the heads are virtually identical, besides Harbour being slightly grimmer. The body suit has definitely been improved and appears more organic. The original design took a lotta inspiration from Mignola’s art style with Guillermo’s tweaks. 

Bonus - Perlman gave Harbour and the reboot his blessings. Perlman is a great actor, but he’s getting up in age. Action roles are a little heavy for him these days and you can’t build an action oriented franchise around him if you want pump out a new trilogy.

As a fan of the Hellboy, the original films, and Harbour, I’m really looking forward to seeing this reboot.

Yeah before this movie came about I remember hearing rumors that Perlman was coming back for the 3rd movie and as much as I wanted to see that I was worried since he is getting older and a lot of the cast has moved on to other projects. But I'm with you, I'm really looking foward to this and I'm curious to hear how he sounds this time around.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, NeedlessImmortals said:

Yeah before this movie came about I remember hearing rumors that Perlman was coming back for the 3rd movie and as much as I wanted to see that I was worried since he is getting older and a lot of the cast has moved on to other projects. But I'm with you, I'm really looking foward to this and I'm curious to hear how he sounds this time around.

Harbour is very similar to Perlman in his presence, both are over 6 feet, have a dry sense of humor, and a gruff appearance. He appears to be passionate about his work like Perlman as well. I am hopeful he will do well in carrying on the torch.

23 minutes ago, GojiBill said:

Harbour is very similar to Perlman in his presence, both are over 6 feet, have a dry sense of humor, and a gruff appearance. He appears to be passionate about his work like Perlman as well. I am hopeful he will do well in carrying on the torch.

Oh totally, I've always liked Harbour as an actor. Before this I really was wanting him to be cast as Bruce Wayne/Batman.

15 hours ago, GojiBill said:

Bonus - Perlman gave Harbour and the reboot his blessings.

That’s awesome... Perlman is such a cool guy!