Game Of Thrones Figures Coming From McFarlane Toys

JayC

McFarlane Toys partners with HBOs hit television series Game of Thrones to bring you highly detailed 6" figures of iconic characters, each coming with screen accurate accessories. Look for Jon Snow, Daenerys Targaryen, Night King & Arya Stark.

Jon Snow, born Aegon Targaryen, is the son of Lyanna Stark and Rhaegar Targaryen, the late Prince of Dragonstone. A decorated individual, Jon has been chosen as Lord Commander of the Night’s Watch, and helped lead a successful raid in overtaking Winterfell from House Bolton, restoring House Stark’s reign over the North, in which Jon was proclaimed “King of the North.”

Queen Daenerys Targaryen, is the younger sister of Rhaegar and Viserys Targaryen and only daughter of King Aerys II Targaryen and Queen Rhaella Targaryen, who were both ousted from the Iron Throne during Robert Baratheon’s rebellion. Among the most popular characters on the show, Daenerys is also the “Mother of Dragons,” having rule over Drogon, Viserion, and Rhaegal.

The Night King is the master and the first of the White Walkers, having existed since the age of the First Men. He also serves as the supreme leader of the Army of the Dead. “The true enemy won’t wait out the storm. He brings the storm.” - Jon Snow (about the Night King)

Arya Stark is the third child and second daughter of Lord Eddard Stark and his wife, Lady Catelyn Stark. After narrowly escaping the persecution of House Stark by House Lannister, Arya is trained as a Faceless Man at the House of Black and White in Braavos. She uses her new skills to bring those who have wronged her family to justice.

You can pre-order these now at BigBadToyStore.com.

1 of 4

Seeing this made me wonder who it was that had put out the GOT figures I’ve occasionally seen at my local Walgreens, and while I thought it was potentially NECA, it actually turned out that it was Funko. For some reason, I’m kind of taken aback by that.

Funny side note: I haven’t watched any GOT. So, I remember seeing a reference to an Arya Stark in an article about the MCU, (I think the article’s author was saying something about dishing some Marvel news while the show was between seasons), and I mistook this for a potential spoiler, potentially revolving around Tony’s having had an illegitimate kid, or something. Seeing as the name recognition did absolutely nothing for me, otherwise.

Heck yes!  I loved the Funko figs and am kinda amazed the people would rather have pops that the action figs Funko put out.  I am 100% with McFarlane doing them since he finally figured out collectors want articulated figures not statues.  Most definitely grabbing these!!! 

McFarlane is not known for making good articulated figures. The sculpt and paint are generally very good. 

The last Star Trek figures they made were good, but disappointing at the articulation department and even in some points the paint was a little sloppy. Their price is lower than other figures of this scale like from DST and Neca, but I would rather pay a little more and have better figures. 5 bucks apparently make a lot of difference in the end.