After watching the Cardinals lose....again..... I was out finishing some laundry, I have to pass by my toy stash to access the dryer & some days I usually pick a box just to see what's inside...today's box had some more nostalgia therapy for the soul....M.A.S.K. !!….I became a kid for at least an hour while I was checking out the condition & how to convert some of the vehicles....I need to pick up a few more of the originals but this was a decent score from a garage sale? a few years back....I remember paying a few bucks to some kid who wanted to get rid of these beauties & buy some video games....

mask 1.jpg

mask 2.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Back last spring, my basement flooded (for the second time in two years), and I had to move everything out of the big closet I keep my toys in over into my little "Star Wars" room. Some boxes got ruined...had to open alot of stuff, but most of it survived unscathed. My point to all this is, when you have to move your entire collection and sort through it, it kinda gives you a chance to rediscover some things you love but don't spend time looking at, or maybe you stumble across stuff you forgot you had, or even...in my case, stuff you even forgot you bought in the first place. (lol) I think sometimes I get so caught-up in the chase, so to speak, that I forget to stop and just appreciate what I have instead of always looking ahead to what I still want...

A couple of weeks ago, I finally got all my stuff back into my basement closet, and...I'm almost embarrassed by all the stuff I have accumulated. (lol) It's so much fun to stick my head in there from time to time to just momentarily take-in what I've found, and the kid in me gushes when I see that stuff. I would have never believed growing-up that I'd have the amount of stuff I have at this point in my life. I don't say that to brag, I just feel so fortunate to have any of it.      

When I first moved back to Little Rock a couple years ago, I had to dead-head with relatives for a few months. While I was there, I had to store a bunch of stuff in my sisters storage locker at one of those U-Store places.

I thought I had gotten it all out since then, but while helping her dig some stuff out in preparation of her impending divorce, we stumbled on a couple of boxes I guess I just missed.

Box 1: My complete set of the DC Total Justice line from the 90s, including the KB Toys JLA spin-off line, and a few assorted figures of the era that made a decent fit with them.

Box 2: Roughly 3 series worth of Power Rangers figures from back when they were in the more or less 5.5 inch scale.

Box 3: Duke and Spirit, the only two G.I. Joe Sigma 6 figures I ever bought, and a few of the Star Wars 12" figures from early in Hasbro's rerelease of the line.

Thinking of keep it all, then again, I'm also thinking about seeing what I can raise on Ebay.