So one summer when I was a lad before the "Guitar" was part of my moniker, my Mom took us on a Chevy Chase like tour of America. I'm Native American, I was lucky enough to be raised during the wonderful PopCulture80s....We followed what we called the Powwow trail (not making this up) much like Deadheads of the last age we followed festival to festival that summer, living in KOA's & Campgrounds & relatives couches....every foul thing that plagued the Griswolds kinda of hit home with that trip....but a little bit of sunshine was I had a paper route & would lose that paper route by getting fired for taking that vacation lol but I had money saved up from the whole deal. My best friend was allowed to come along for some strange reason, we had 6 kids & 3 adults packed into a Chevy Astro Van..we played Cards & Dominoes read the same comics over & over again & waited for the stale smell of car farts & Cheetos to waft away in the open window breezes......in Montana my awesome Mom stopped at a Walmart...I discovered the thrill of the hunt from way back but this was out of state....it was Glorious...We discovered MEGa FORCE...I didn't know this was a thing?? Between my friend & I,  We bought about 80% of the what they had on the shelves which probably wasn't much but to our childlike minds it was the thing of dreams....this was the First time I saw Mega Force toys & I fell really really hard....They were so easy to lose & if you stepped on the metal planes God help you.....these toy sets were like breath of fresh air....They were easy to sneak into places like Church, School,  Movies, Clothes Shopping, Laundromats, Powwows, Sacred Ceremonies when you get bored but your mom & aunty woop you for being disrespectful. I have a few of the old Planes & Helicopters packed away from garage sale finds. I've salivated over them on Ebay though.....Best summer trip, we spent hours playing with these toys, my buddy & I traded our stuff back & forth.....it was easy to latch on like Joes & Cobra, Autocons & Deceptibots…..but we lost a lot of the missles & gunnery....I had all the Big Vehicles except the Green Plane..I regret not buying it then & now....We had such an awesome time...we knew we were big cheeses when all the other kids at the campgrounds tried to steal them.....I bought more when got back home that summer but it's a treasured memory....I apologize for the crappy reference pics...they were super small though....

megaforce-toys-1.jpg

Mega force .jpg

die-cast.jpg