DC Comics Multiverse Harley Quinn

BradDCUGeek

21 hours ago, NeedlessImmortals said:

I hope they are able to tweak her a bit, shes one of those characters who is not widely known but deserves more of the high end figure treatment But I get it,  Most comic fans want the hot sexy revealing Starfire but the companies don't want to offend anyone so they tone her down significantly to the point where everything about her seems a bit off.

Yea, I tend to agree... When they debuted her sort of full bodysuit version in the comics recently, I saw some folks losing their crap over her being ‘too covered up’ or ‘not sexy enough’. Which didn’t really bother me, that much. I mean sure, she’s a very sexy character. But, I like her as a character, whether she’s dressed scantily or not is only really something of note to me, if it’s actually a part of her characterization — which it is, to a point, depending on the iteration. Especially in the New 52 version, for example. But then, For some folks, it’s the animated series version that they’re most familiar with, and she was anything but sexualized. And, that may be the version of her that most resonates for them. At the end of the day, I just want a really good figure of her, as she’s always been a favorite character of mine.

On 10/12/2018 at 1:44 PM, sXeblues said:

Yea, I tend to agree... When they debuted her sort of full bodysuit version in the comics recently, I saw some folks losing their crap over her being ‘too covered up’ or ‘not sexy enough’. Which didn’t really bother me, that much. I mean sure, she’s a very sexy character. But, I like her as a character, whether she’s dressed scantily or not is only really something of note to me, if it’s actually a part of her characterization — which it is, to a point, depending on the iteration. Especially in the New 52 version, for example. But then, For some folks, it’s the animated series version that they’re most familiar with, and she was anything but sexualized. And, that may be the version of her that most resonates for them. At the end of the day, I just want a really good figure of her, as she’s always been a favorite character of mine.

I don't hate the Starfire look all that much though obviously I like her older look better but I was more upset with the New 52 look and personality change for Poison Ivy. I don't see why its so bad these days to look or be sexy, I mean I think everyone wants to be able to look and feel that way to some extent. I've known a fair share of women who enjoy wearing revealing and skimpy outfits just because they can or they like the attention so are we supposed to believe that all women in comics are more reserved and prioritize functional over sexy. Its most annoying with the more flirtatious characters such as Black Cat, if your a night guard and you walk in on her stealing a diamond wearing a skin tight black suit with her cleavage busting out you might very well let her go but not as likely if shes in an ugly tactical suit.

On 10/14/2018 at 7:27 PM, NeedlessImmortals said:

I don't hate the Starfire look all that much though obviously I like her older look better but I was more upset with the New 52 look and personality change for Poison Ivy. I don't see why its so bad these days to look or be sexy, I mean I think everyone wants to be able to look and feel that way to some extent. I've known a fair share of women who enjoy wearing revealing and skimpy outfits just because they can or they like the attention so are we supposed to believe that all women in comics are more reserved and prioritize functional over sexy. Its most annoying with the more flirtatious characters such as Black Cat, if your a night guard and you walk in on her stealing a diamond wearing a skin tight black suit with her cleavage busting out you might very well let her go but not as likely if shes in an ugly tactical suit.

I guess that’s the politics of comics — and comic characters — these days... Which I’m sure is a participating factor in why I’ve strayed away from them again. I don’t really know where I stand on any of it. On the one hand, I can see the value in having characters perform believably, and have costumes that are more tactical. But then, these are comic book characters, they’re supposed to be more fantastical. And then there’s the aspect of younger readers, male and female, and the latent predominance toward role models — which again, I’m of two minds about. So, I guess it’s a good thing I’ve got no real stake in, or control over, any of it.

On 10/15/2018 at 4:54 PM, sXeblues said:

I guess that’s the politics of comics — and comic characters — these days... Which I’m sure is a participating factor in why I’ve strayed away from them again. I don’t really know where I stand on any of it. On the one hand, I can see the value in having characters perform believably, and have costumes that are more tactical. But then, these are comic book characters, they’re supposed to be more fantastical. And then there’s the aspect of younger readers, male and female, and the latent predominance toward role models — which again, I’m of two minds about. So, I guess it’s a good thing I’ve got no real stake in, or control over, any of it.

I think they should just make characters with their own personality and fashion choices without pushing any sort of agenda. Everybody is different and everyone has different likes and interests, if the world continues to go down this path then we will all become Amish ?

On 10/17/2018 at 10:02 PM, NeedlessImmortals said:

I think they should just make characters with their own personality and fashion choices without pushing any sort of agenda. Everybody is different and everyone has different likes and interests, if the world continues to go down this path then we will all become Amish ?

There’s an Amish community not that far from where I live... And actually — they’re kind of the epitome of a ‘Plain Jane’ fashion sense. Nice people, and all. But yea, not the most unique, colorful attire. ?