DC Comics Multiverse Harley Quinn

BradDCUGeek

Hello! So I recently put together this review for people to see up close what the newly released Harley Quinn is like. I found her to be pretty nifty but you may feel differently. I certainly think it's a pretty good attempt on Mattel's part to bring us an accurate contemporary 6" scale version of her. 

P2990351.JPG

P2990291.JPG

P2990294.JPG

P2990328.JPG

P2990321.JPG

P2990300.JPG

P2990343.JPG

P2990340.JPG

P2990436.JPG

P2990458.JPG

P2990437.JPG

P2990469.JPG

P2990327.JPG

P2990320.JPG

P2990323.JPG

• Like 1

Great review - overall it seems like a solid figure; decent sculpt, good articulation, relevant accessories, etc. However, the face design seems meh. Can’t really describe why, but it doesn’t really capture her character, lacks personality.

• Like 1

I am in love with this figure! ??

I’m so glad that you compared it to the Batman Mission line, slightly smaller Harley, as I had been thinking about picking that one up, right up until this one came along. I mean, gawd, those wrists on the little one are pretty atrocious ?.

I tend to agree with what you said about the hair looking a bit muddled, and less defined than it probably could’ve been. And the fact that she’s sized probably a little bit bigger than she actually ought to be, is a shame.

Also, that ‘pivot’ insert killed me! ?

All in all though, I really want to get myself one of these. Great review, sir!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sXeblues said:

I am in love with this figure! ??

I’m so glad that you compared it to the Batman Mission line, slightly smaller Harley, as I had been thinking about picking that one up, right up until this one came along. I mean, gawd, those wrists on the little one are pretty atrocious ?.

I tend to agree with what you said about the hair looking a bit muddled, and less defined than it probably could’ve been. And the fact that she’s sized probably a little bit bigger than she actually ought to be, is a shame.

Also, that ‘pivot’ insert killed me! ?

All in all though, I really want to get myself one of these. Great review, sir!

Theres definitely something alluring about that face sculpt. I'm a sucker for all things Harley so I'll probably get this but after taking a step back I do think that jacket makes her look a bit chunky and her head seems a bit low on her shoulders or maybe its just the jacket and hair throwing me off. Still its one of the better 6 inch Harleys thats for sure.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, NeedlessImmortals said:

I do think that jacket makes her look a bit chunky and her head seems a bit low on her shoulders or maybe its just the jacket and hair throwing me off.

I think it is the jacket, as far as her head is concerned... The collar really de-emphasizes her neck, I think. As does her head being tilted forward, in some of those shots. I don’t think she looks chunky so much as, broad, I guess I’d say. But, to some degree that adds a little realism to her proportions, to me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sXeblues said:

I think it is the jacket, as far as her head is concerned... The collar really de-emphasizes her neck, I think. As does her head being tilted forward, in some of those shots. I don’t think she looks chunky so much as, broad, I guess I’d say. But, to some degree that adds a little realism to her proportions, to me.

Maybe shes just a little stocky but your right it does make her appear more like an actual person.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NeedlessImmortals said:

Maybe shes just a little stocky but your right it does make her appear more like an actual person.

I’m just glad those wrist ‘cackles’ from the Missions one didn’t carry over. That probably would’ve been a tipping edge, lol.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sXeblues said:

I’m just glad those wrist ‘cackles’ from the Missions one didn’t carry over. That probably would’ve been a tipping edge, lol.

Oh crap, her wrist articulation is weird, I seriously did not notice that till you brought up her wrists.

7 hours ago, NeedlessImmortals said:

Oh crap, her wrist articulation is weird, I seriously did not notice that till you brought up her wrists.

I remember that was one of the first things I noticed about the Missions one, when I first caught images of it. And then the few subsequent reviews I’d seen, all actually mentioned how unsightly it was. It was definitely a weird choice to articulate and paint them that way.

19 hours ago, sXeblues said:

I remember that was one of the first things I noticed about the Missions one, when I first caught images of it. And then the few subsequent reviews I’d seen, all actually mentioned how unsightly it was. It was definitely a weird choice to articulate and paint them that way.

It really is a step backwards, I've always wondered why companies don't always use what works, is there licensing for a figure's articulation or something?

19 hours ago, NeedlessImmortals said:

It really is a step backwards, I've always wondered why companies don't always use what works, is there licensing for a figure's articulation or something?

I think it’s probably more so a financial, money saving issue, as well as just plain old poor planning. They probably line up a slot of say twelve figures they want to produce within a certain period of time, and question one is: ‘What is the cheapest way we’ve got on tap, to mass produce these suckers?’

On 10/2/2018 at 12:03 PM, sXeblues said:

I think it’s probably more so a financial, money saving issue, as well as just plain old poor planning. They probably line up a slot of say twelve figures they want to produce within a certain period of time, and question one is: ‘What is the cheapest way we’ve got on tap, to mass produce these suckers?’

Your probably right but as a fan that makes me sad lol Its like prices keep going up but quality keeps going down.

2 hours ago, NeedlessImmortals said:

Your probably right but as a fan that makes me sad lol Its like prices keep going up but quality keeps going down.

Indeed... And it is super frustrating, that. Whether it’s incredibly bad QC, bad sculpts, cheapo plastic, or what have you; It’s like the scales are tipped so counterintuitively, it boggles the mind how they ever get to summarizing this model as a legitimate solution. I’m at least hopeful, as we see more and more of these communicative back and forths with toy developers, as well as the interviews guys like Jay C, Shartimus, Pixel Dan and such do with them, that they’re hearing what collectors are complaining about, and hopefully are trying to do whatever they can to steer things back on course, as much as possible. Because otherwise, it’s going to be a model of diminishing returns.

14 hours ago, sXeblues said:

Indeed... And it is super frustrating, that. Whether it’s incredibly bad QC, bad sculpts, cheapo plastic, or what have you; It’s like the scales are tipped so counterintuitively, it boggles the mind how they ever get to summarizing this model as a legitimate solution. I’m at least hopeful, as we see more and more of these communicative back and forths with toy developers, as well as the interviews guys like Jay C, Shartimus, Pixel Dan and such do with them, that they’re hearing what collectors are complaining about, and hopefully are trying to do whatever they can to steer things back on course, as much as possible. Because otherwise, it’s going to be a model of diminishing returns.

Its odd too because Mattel was really hyping up their new sculpts at SDCC this year, it even got me excited. I have a bunch of the Aquaman stuff coming in soon so I'll have to take a look at the quality for myself.

5 hours ago, NeedlessImmortals said:

Its odd too because Mattel was really hyping up their new sculpts at SDCC this year, it even got me excited. I have a bunch of the Aquaman stuff coming in soon so I'll have to take a look at the quality for myself.

I’m still holding onto hope that what they showed off at SDCC is still very much a hallmark for an overall new direction for them to take... I’ve since noted though that one of the main dudes showcasing that stuff at SDCC was summarily fired, right after the con. And he’s since been releasing teases and photos of the upcoming Multiverse figures he helped create, via his personal social media. So, I dunno man. It’s like havoc is going to ensue one way or another. I just wish they’d get their acts together.

On 10/4/2018 at 11:21 AM, sXeblues said:

I’m still holding onto hope that what they showed off at SDCC is still very much a hallmark for an overall new direction for them to take... I’ve since noted though that one of the main dudes showcasing that stuff at SDCC was summarily fired, right after the con. And he’s since been releasing teases and photos of the upcoming Multiverse figures he helped create, via his personal social media. So, I dunno man. It’s like havoc is going to ensue one way or another. I just wish they’d get their acts together.

Well after messing around with the new Aquaman figures I'm actually very impressed so I'm actually looking foward to seeing this one in hand. Oh wow, why was the guy fired?

2 hours ago, NeedlessImmortals said:

Oh wow, why was the guy fired?

I think it was a part of Mattel’s downsizing, cutting 2,200 jobs and closing a bunch of factories, following the news that Toys R Us was (at the time) no more. There was a post about it here on the forums. And then I subsequently learned of the Multiverse posts via one of The Fwoosh’s videos on Youtube.

On 10/6/2018 at 5:20 PM, sXeblues said:

I think it was a part of Mattel’s downsizing, cutting 2,200 jobs and closing a bunch of factories, following the news that Toys R Us was (at the time) no more. There was a post about it here on the forums. And then I subsequently learned of the Multiverse posts via one of The Fwoosh’s videos on Youtube.

Damn that sucks, I remember watching a few videos with those guys and they seemed really pumped and excited for the new lines compared to the Marvel Legends guys.

5 hours ago, sXeblues said:

^ Yea, that’s pretty much how I remember it, too.

It sure got me excited thats for sure, especially since that was my original line.

17 hours ago, NeedlessImmortals said:

It sure got me excited thats for sure, especially since that was my original line.

Yea, it got up my excitement quite a bit, as well... Especially for some of the characters they’re going to be putting out. We’ve needed a new Starfire, for example, forever now. And I love the one they previewed, even though it was probably just a prototype, and subject to change. The more figure models they showed, the more excited I got, really. LOL

6 hours ago, sXeblues said:

Yea, it got up my excitement quite a bit, as well... Especially for some of the characters they’re going to be putting out. We’ve needed a new Starfire, for example, forever now. And I love the one they previewed, even though it was probably just a prototype, and subject to change. The more figure models they showed, the more excited I got, really. LOL

Yeah, at first when they showed that Lobo I was like meh, I have the old one but after seeing them both I like the new one waaaay more. I still don't think that Starfire is spot on but it is much better than their last one thats for sure.

15 hours ago, NeedlessImmortals said:

Yeah, at first when they showed that Lobo I was like meh, I have the old one but after seeing them both I like the new one waaaay more. I still don't think that Starfire is spot on but it is much better than their last one thats for sure.

There’s still room for improvement on her, as well as a few others... But yea, most def, she looks a lot better than that last, New 52 version of her, with the long, flaming hair constantly being in the way and limiting how you could display her.

On 10/10/2018 at 8:13 AM, sXeblues said:

There’s still room for improvement on her, as well as a few others... But yea, most def, she looks a lot better than that last, New 52 version of her, with the long, flaming hair constantly being in the way and limiting how you could display her.

I hope they are able to tweak her a bit, shes one of those characters who is not widely known but deserves more of the high end figure treatment But I get it,  Most comic fans want the hot sexy revealing Starfire but the companies don't want to offend anyone so they tone her down significantly to the point where everything about her seems a bit off.