DC's 'Titans' New Promotional Poster & Character Trailers

Outsiders

You know, I've seen a bunch of reviews bashing this series but after watching the first episode I didn't hate it, though I do think there are a lot of unneeded plot points they added like Dick Grayson's job, the whole Raven being called Rachel thing and I really hope that bald guy isn't Trigon. I do like the guy who plays Robin and I actually really liked the actress who plays Starfire (still hate the look though) and I may be wrong but can she actually set things on fire? all her powers didn't seem right, I would say the weakest part for me was the whole Raven story line and her lame powers. As for Beast Boy, it didn't show much but I expected the CG to be crap so it didn't bother me. One other thing, I really enjoyed all the Batman references, so many times in these shows they act like big named characters don't exist or make it like a subtle easter egg but in this show they put Batman in more of a forefront which is important if your making Robin your lead character so I really appreciated that.

I read a review that said that all the pieces are there for a good series but they didn't know how to tie them together to make the series really work. I also read that the violence is so graphic that it comes across more as them trying too hard to be mature than anything else. The review said that the stand outs are Dick Grayson and Beast Boy who is a scene steal-er. I guess we'll know how it does when more episodes air and people had a chance to see it. 

I will have to say it is refreshing to see the reviews come in and hear that the portrayal of Starfire (not touching the costume because I'm still hoping it changes) is being met favorably.  Titans could bring something good to the table since DC seems to have  a pretty good track record on the small screen.  Maybe they'll bring in Static...I'd love to see that!!

On 10/14/2018 at 3:15 AM, FASVB said:

Cool man! I will try to watch it and then come back to see your thoughts on it. 

That would be very cool, mate. ?

23 hours ago, NeedlessImmortals said:

You know, I've seen a bunch of reviews bashing this series but after watching the first episode I didn't hate it, though I do think there are a lot of unneeded plot points they added like Dick Grayson's job, the whole Raven being called Rachel thing and I really hope that bald guy isn't Trigon. I do like the guy who plays Robin and I actually really liked the actress who plays Starfire (still hate the look though) and I may be wrong but can she actually set things on fire? all her powers didn't seem right, I would say the weakest part for me was the whole Raven story line and her lame powers. As for Beast Boy, it didn't show much but I expected the CG to be crap so it didn't bother me. One other thing, I really enjoyed all the Batman references, so many times in these shows they act like big named characters don't exist or make it like a subtle easter egg but in this show they put Batman in more of a forefront which is important if your making Robin your lead character so I really appreciated that.

I’m glad that you had a much better time with it than I did... I went in already figuring that whatever this show was gonna be, it wasn’t going to conform to any ideas or preconceived notions that I had. And, I do this all the time, so even then, I hoped very much that it wouldn’t disappoint me as much as it did. But yea, that was a total uphill viewing effort, for me. I felt like the characters didn’t even remotely resemble themselves, none of them really seemed to know what they were doing, apart from Robin, amd everything else just — all I can do is hope that things pick up a lot for me, as the show continues.

On 10/15/2018 at 8:48 PM, sXeblues said:

I’m glad that you had a much better time with it than I did... I went in already figuring that whatever this show was gonna be, it wasn’t going to conform to any ideas or preconceived notions that I had. And, I do this all the time, so even then, I hoped very much that it wouldn’t disappoint me as much as it did. But yea, that was a total uphill viewing effort, for me. I felt like the characters didn’t even remotely resemble themselves, none of them really seemed to know what they were doing, apart from Robin, amd everything else just — all I can do is hope that things pick up a lot for me, as the show continues.

I saw it and man. That was disappointing.  Other than Robin, the rest was crap. Beast Boy I could barely see and when he shows up a little better we will have an actual idea, but Starfire is not good AT ALL. 

I have read the original Titan comics in the 90's and I don't rally recall Raven being that demoniacal and tormented.  But the  thing that  pissed me off was that cry baby Gothic girl  runaway whatever attitude.  Like a Nico Minoru from Runaways, but more emotional. 

I have to see more of the show. I can only say that this first episode was not impressive at all.  They better put their crap together. 

Robin was the least awful of them all. That fight scene was bad ass. 

On 10/15/2018 at 4:48 PM, sXeblues said:

Well its more that I wasnt expecting much at all from it so I was surprised to see some things that I did like. It was also cool to see Robin done right for once without being a complete joke but the other characters need work for sure.

On 10/16/2018 at 8:52 PM, FASVB said:

Like I said. The best thing and I want very much to see him with the Nightwing costume.  That will probably happen way into the end of the season

7 hours ago, kILLMonger said:

Pics have surfaced (on CBR I think) of Raven and Starfire in more comic book based costumes 

I really hope you are right because...uhh those look awful. 

On 10/16/2018 at 7:52 PM, FASVB said:

I saw it and man. That was disappointing.  Other than Robin, the rest was crap. Beast Boy I could barely see and when he shows up a little better we will have an actual idea, but Starfire is not good AT ALL. 

I have read the original Titan comics in the 90's and I don't rally recall Raven being that demoniacal and tormented.  But the  thing that  pissed me off was that cry baby Gothic girl  runaway whatever attitude.  Like a Nico Minoru from Runaways, but more emotional. 

I have to see more of the show. I can only say that this first episode was not impressive at all.  They better put their crap together. 

Yea, I’m still gonna watch more of the show for now, in the hopes that it improves significantly... The whole first episode was practically inexplicable. And, the only character that felt anything like their comic counterpart, was Robin. And even then, it wasn’t great.

On 10/17/2018 at 10:24 PM, NeedlessImmortals said:

Well its more that I wasnt expecting much at all from it so I was surprised to see some things that I did like. It was also cool to see Robin done right for once without being a complete joke but the other characters need work for sure.

I really didn’t have much in the way of expectations, either... But, I was really hoping the characters would be a lot more recognizable as their comic book counterparts. Between that not quite matching up, and the way the rest of it was so all over the place, I just didn’t get into it. I’m hopeful it’ll pick up, though.

With thanks to the heads up by @kILLMonger, here’s a look at the costume changes for Raven and Starfire, taken from a behind the scenes featurette. Meh, I’ll still have to reserve judgment.

DF70D079-5B52-44E9-A9BB-2C6C1D9A297B.jpeg

9E6928C2-553C-4142-851F-7E0F44E8E25C.jpeg

7 hours ago, FASVB said:

Like I said. The best thing and I want very much to see him with the Nightwing costume.  That will probably happen way into the end of the season. 

Do you realize that you quoted, and replied, to yourself, mate? ?

7A78F021-91A8-4BAD-BCCB-660218771C54.jpeg

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, sXeblues said:

With thanks to the heads up by @kILLMonger, here’s a look at the costume changes for Raven and Starfire, taken from a behind the scenes featurette. Meh, I’ll still have to reserve judgment.

DF70D079-5B52-44E9-A9BB-2C6C1D9A297B.jpeg

9E6928C2-553C-4142-851F-7E0F44E8E25C.jpeg

Starfire's hair looks better, but the images are kinda blurry. I hope they don't go for that over realistic look. Super Heroes are not suppose to be realistic.  

10 hours ago, sXeblues said:

Do you realize that you quoted, and replied, to yourself, mate? ?

7A78F021-91A8-4BAD-BCCB-660218771C54.jpeg

Probably what happened there was that I inadvertently  must have clicked on my own post when trying to respondto someone else and didn't realize it until you just showed me. 

I think that I was pretty tired that day and here is veeery hot too. So, you know... 

Haha again my bad 

• Haha 1

So, for those who may be interested, I just put up my review of episode 2 of ‘Titans’... And, I honestly cannot believe that it was actually worse than the first episode, to me.

16 hours ago, FASVB said:

Super Heroes are not suppose to be realistic.  

This is going to be a huge, massive, recurring problem, with this show... Unfortunately.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sXeblues said:

So, for those who may be interested, I just put up my review of episode 2 of ‘Titans’... And, I honestly cannot believe that it was actually worse than the first episode, to me.

I will watch it today or tomorrow an then let you know my thoughts. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, FASVB said:

I will watch it today or tomorrow an then let you know my thoughts. 

That would be much appreciated, mate... And I’ll be looking forward to hearing what your thoughts on it, were.

• Thanks 1

Just watched and this is surely an improvement. Robin is like merciless. Hawk and Dove look just like the comics. The fighting scenes are very violent and clearly not for the typical CW show viewer. The plot is thickening and the show is building kinda nicely.