Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back - 1/6th scale Bespin Gown Princess Leia Figure From Hot Toys

JayC

In Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, after The Empire attacked the Rebel base on Hoth, Han evacuated with Leia on the Millennium Falcon and escaped the Imperial’s pursuit through an asteroid field. They sought refuge with Lando Calrissian in Cloud City of Bespin but it turns to be a trap for their friend, the young Luke Skywalker…

Now Hot Toys is delighted to present the new 1/6th scale collectible figure of Princess Leia in the gown she wore in Cloud City as the latest Star Wars collectible for our fans!

The highly-accurate collectible figure is specially crafted based on the appearance of Princess Leia in Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back. It features a newly developed head sculpt with remarkable likeness and detailed hair sculpture, an elegant gown with remarkable embroidery patterns, a figure stand and a Cloud City themed backdrop.

Hot-Toys-Bespin-Gown-Leia-01.jpg

Hot-Toys-Bespin-Gown-Leia-02.jpg

Hot-Toys-Bespin-Gown-Leia-03.jpg

Hot-Toys-Bespin-Gown-Leia-04.jpg

Hot-Toys-Bespin-Gown-Leia-05.jpg

Hot-Toys-Bespin-Gown-Leia-06.jpg

Hot-Toys-Bespin-Gown-Leia-07.jpg

Hot-Toys-Bespin-Gown-Leia-08.jpg

Hot-Toys-Bespin-Gown-Leia-09.jpg

Hot-Toys-Bespin-Gown-Leia-10.jpg

Hot-Toys-Bespin-Gown-Leia-11.jpg

Hot-Toys-Bespin-Gown-Leia-12.jpg

Hot-Toys-Bespin-Gown-Leia-13.jpg

Hot-Toys-Bespin-Gown-Leia-14.jpg

Hot-Toys-Bespin-Gown-Leia-15.jpg

Hot-Toys-Bespin-Gown-Leia-16.jpg

Hot-Toys-Bespin-Gown-Leia-17.jpg

Hot-Toys-Bespin-Gown-Leia-18.jpg

I've always loved this look. I'm not sure about her expression though, it looks like its from the scene at the end where Luke talks to her through the force. She also sort of looks pregnant.. ? I'll probably pick this up but I'm curious how well this will sell since she only wears this in one scene.

Edit: I feel stupid, if you have the Hoth Leia you can remove the vest and swap out the heads to have the perfect ESB Leia. 

Maybe it’s just the tilted angle, but the face looks just a bit off to me... Her eyes almost feel like they’re higher than they should be. And they’re definitely a bit more deep set than Carrie’s own, during ESB. Or, maybe I’m just being overly nit-picky.

74F4A919-00D0-4AF0-803F-E807EFF003EB.jpeg

6A502553-896B-4A66-A626-9CDF807DF557.jpeg

30 minutes ago, sXeblues said:

Maybe it’s just the tilted angle, but the face looks just a bit off to me... Her eyes almost feel like they’re higher than they should be. And they’re definitely a bit more deep set than Carrie’s own, during ESB. Or, maybe I’m just being overly nit-picky.

74F4A919-00D0-4AF0-803F-E807EFF003EB.jpeg

6A502553-896B-4A66-A626-9CDF807DF557.jpeg

Pretty sure this was the picture they were trying to model her after. I'm not a fan of how HT seems to just pick a particular moment for their SW sculpts.

the-empire-strikes-back-leia-res.jpg

21 hours ago, NeedlessImmortals said:

Pretty sure this was the picture they were trying to model her after. I'm not a fan of how HT seems to just pick a particular moment for their SW sculpts.

the-empire-strikes-back-leia-res.jpg

Yea, I agree... I mean, this seems like such an odd choice of expression to go with. It doesn’t really resound to me, at all. It more so feels like it’s literally for the ‘Star Wars fan who already has everything’.

5 hours ago, sXeblues said:

Yea, I agree... I mean, this seems like such an odd choice of expression to go with. It doesn’t really resound to me, at all. It more so feels like it’s literally for the ‘Star Wars fan who already has everything’.

I agree, there really is no reason to pick this up except to get the head sculpt to put on your Hoth Leia if your going for the complete ESB look but I do wish her face looked more like the Hoth version though.

1 hour ago, NeedlessImmortals said:

I agree, there really is no reason to pick this up except to get the head sculpt to put on your Hoth Leia if your going for the complete ESB look but I do wish her face looked more like the Hoth version though.

Yea, that one is definitely better, out of the both of them... I kind of wish they’d have gone with something a little more expressive, I think, with this one. I mean, she doesn’t have to have a goofy smile or anything. But, maybe like a smirk, after delivering one of her many quips to Han.

18 minutes ago, sXeblues said:

Yea, that one is definitely better, out of the both of them... I kind of wish they’d have gone with something a little more expressive, I think, with this one. I mean, she doesn’t have to have a goofy smile or anything. But, maybe like a smirk, after delivering one of her many quips to Han.

I'd prfer that too but you have to remember when she was actually wearing this outfit she was sitting in her room worried and then walking through the corridor to see Vader and thats all so in a way this expression works.

21 minutes ago, NeedlessImmortals said:

I'd prfer that too but you have to remember when she was actually wearing this outfit she was sitting in her room worried and then walking through the corridor to see Vader and thats all so in a way this expression works.

That’s a fair point. For accuracy’s sake, I guess there’s only so much they could do.

22 hours ago, sXeblues said:

That’s a fair point. For accuracy’s sake, I guess there’s only so much they could do.

One thing I do like is that I think Hot Toys knew that this would be only for select collectors so they made this cheaper than their usual figures.

3 hours ago, sXeblues said:

^ Huh, that’s pretty cool... I didn’t realize that.

Yeah most Star Wars Hot Toys are in the $240-$250 but this Leia is about $200. Which isn't much but any little bit helps and it tells us that HT also realizes her actual value instead of being greedy.

4 hours ago, NeedlessImmortals said:

Yeah most Star Wars Hot Toys are in the $240-$250 but this Leia is about $200. Which isn't much but any little bit helps and it tells us that HT also realizes her actual value instead of being greedy.

I would love to be able to see a pricetag like that without my eyebrows to making a beeline for my hairline, though, lol.

13 minutes ago, sXeblues said:

I would love to be able to see a pricetag like that without my eyebrows to making a beeline for my hairline, though, lol.

Its an expense thats for sure. I'm not even sure how much longer I can afford collecting them tbh. I had a bunch of cash saved up earlier this year cause I was planning on moving in with my girlfriend but that didn't pan out so instead of doing the smart thing I rationalized that I would have wasted all this money anyways if I had moved but at least technically buying these is somewhat of an investment and if I ever got into financial trouble I could always sell them. Toys will never hurt me!! lmao ?

32 minutes ago, NeedlessImmortals said:

Its an expense thats for sure. I'm not even sure how much longer I can afford collecting them tbh. I had a bunch of cash saved up earlier this year cause I was planning on moving in with my girlfriend but that didn't pan out so instead of doing the smart thing I rationalized that I would have wasted all this money anyways if I had moved but at least technically buying these is somewhat of an investment and if I ever got into financial trouble I could always sell them. Toys will never hurt me!! lmao ?

I mean, you’ve got yourself wrapped up in a warm blanket of action figure protection, man... What more can you ask for?

Well, plenty. Probably.

But hell, TOYS man... TOYS!! ??

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, sXeblues said:

I mean, you’ve got yourself wrapped up in a warm blanket of action figure protection, man... What more can you ask for?

Well, plenty. Probably.

But hell, TOYS man... TOYS!! ??

Yeah man, I'm telling ya, love, affection, physical intimacy, all overrated compared to a good sculpt, good paints apps, and 25+ points of that sweet sweet articulation. ?

• Haha 1

Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE