Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
JayC

Die Hard POP Vinyl Figures From Funko

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, FASVB said:

I am thinking scale wise and specially the price tag. 

I'm more concerned with DST's hit or miss paint apps and face sculpt. Sometimes its spot on and other times I wonder how they even approved it like the Kingdom Hearts human figures are really bad but the rest are great. The Muppets and Nightmare Before Christmas lines are perfect, Marvel line is great, MCU line is so so, Pacific Rim is nice. Pulp Fiction and Ghostbusters are probably the best I've seen from them in terms of recreating actual actor sculpts so I want to believe that they can dish out an excellent product.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NeedlessImmortals said:

I'm more concerned with DST's hit or miss paint apps and face sculpt. Sometimes its spot on and other times I wonder how they even approved it like the Kingdom Hearts human figures are really bad but the rest are great. The Muppets and Nightmare Before Christmas lines are perfect, Marvel line is great, MCU line is so so, Pacific Rim is nice. Pulp Fiction and Ghostbusters are probably the best I've seen from them in terms of recreating actual actor sculpts so I want to believe that they can dish out an excellent product.

About that, I agree in most part. 

It's funny because their statues have almost perfect headsculpts, but when it comes to the figures of the same character the quality drops considerably. 

John Wick in one example. I have seen the prototype at SDCC (not in person, unfortunately) and the difference is huge. The statue is exactly like  Keanu Reeves.  The figure, not so much. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, FASVB said:

Matrix is a classic and actually we need action figures.

I second this... It seems like a no brainer, to some degree. But, then the second and third movies came out. And, I don’t even hate them, personally. But, I can see how their not standing up to expectations might’ve killed any chances for some really good figures.

Now, ‘The Animatrix’, on the other hand... I would love to see some figures based on a few of those shorts. But, I doubt it’ll ever happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, sXeblues said:

I second this... It seems like a no brainer, to some degree. But, then the second and third movies came out. And, I don’t even hate them, personally. But, I can see how their not standing up to expectations might’ve killed any chances for some really good figures.

Now, ‘The Animatrix’, on the other hand... I would love to see some figures based on a few of those shorts. But, I doubt it’ll ever happen.

The third one was unnecessary. The second one, however, was awesome.  We never actually had 6 or 7 inc figures of those movies. Not good ones.

Mezco is a company that would kill at those. Lots of clothing detail, textures and !guns lots of guns!.  Other than Hot Toys, just them could deliver a good product. 

And going back to the subject, why not Die Hard? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, FASVB said:

The third one was unnecessary. The second one, however, was awesome.  We never actually had 6 or 7 inc figures of those movies. Not good ones.

Mezco is a company that would kill at those. Lots of clothing detail, textures and !guns lots of guns!.  Other than Hot Toys, just them could deliver a good product. 

And going back to the subject, why not Die Hard? 

Oh no, my wallet can't handle anymore oversized Hot Toys.. lol I'm perfectly happy with them sticking to the first Matrix ? That being said I really want a Hot Toys John McClane and Hans Gruber lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/29/2018 at 1:59 AM, FASVB said:

And going back to the subject, why not Die Hard? 

I’d personally love to see NECA, SHF or Mafex putting a line of Die Hard figures together... Whether they focus on a movie at a time, or put out select characters from all of them. The third one has always been a favorite of mine. And who doesn’t need another new Samuel L. Jackson figure??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Transformers15 said:

I'm not trying to dis Funko or anything but I'd rather buy action figures. 

 

16 hours ago, Transformers15 said:

I will say they do look pretty damn cool and the boxes just make you wanna buy them even more but I wouldn't have any actual fun with them.

Yea, they are definitely an odd niche of collectible... There are a few that I’d pick up, based on my love for a particular character or series (Cowboy Bebop, most notably). But, beyond that, it’s incredulous to me to see how popular they are as a line. Especially when you see how things like them have failed in the past, like Mighty Mugs, and such.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, sXeblues said:

And who doesn’t need another new Samuel L. Jackson figure??

I don't, I have at least 12 of them scattered around my room already ?

 

3 hours ago, sXeblues said:

Yea, they are definitely an odd niche of collectible... There are a few that I’d pick up, based on my love for a particular character or series (Cowboy Bebop, most notably). But, beyond that, it’s incredulous to me to see how popular they are as a line. Especially when you see how things like them have failed in the past, like Mighty Mugs, and such.

I find that that is really the only reason I buy Pops, its because they make them of such a random or obscure characters that I like or have always wanted to own in some sort of physical form. Its the Pop figures of characters that do have actual action figures I generally pass on or don't care much about at all.

Also, they just recently brought Mighty Muggs back and they look pretty dope, they have 3 different faces and everything.

20180904bonecos-transformers-mighty-muggs-01.jpg

MightyMuggs_featured.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/26/2018 at 10:23 AM, JayC said:

Hans Gruber wearing a dapper suit is available as a GameStop exclusive. Look for these to be released in October.

It's a good thing that any GameStop exclusive will be available as an EBgames exclusive here in Canada as well. Though I'm more happy hearing about Marvel Legends GS exclusives (Can't wait to get That Ultron Buy the way).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, NeedlessImmortals said:

I don't, I have at least 12 of them scattered around my room already ?

LOL, point taken. ?

4 hours ago, NeedlessImmortals said:

Also, they just recently brought Mighty Muggs back and they look pretty dope, they have 3 different faces and everything.

20180904bonecos-transformers-mighty-muggs-01.jpg

MightyMuggs_featured.jpg

Well, they look head and shoulders above what used to pass for a Transformers Might Mugg. I still have one of these on one of my bookshelves, still unopened.

FA52770F-5CB6-4C7A-86CF-90348853E6A5.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/29/2018 at 6:09 AM, NeedlessImmortals said:

Oh no, my wallet can't handle anymore oversized Hot Toys.. lol I'm perfectly happy with them sticking to the first Matrix ? That being said I really want a Hot Toys John McClane and Hans Gruber lol

The movie completed 30 years these year. That is actually weird that no company other than Funko decided to release product related to this movie.  I would be quite glad to see a Ultimate John McLane from Neca. and Mezco is another great company to make the characters, could be like a two pack  as they sometimes do boxsets with several characters, namely Ghostbusters and the Warriors that were shown at SDCC. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, FASVB said:

The movie completed 30 years these year. That is actually weird that no company other than Funko decided to release product related to this movie.  I would be quite glad to see a Ultimate John McLane from Neca. and Mezco is another great company to make the characters, could be like a two pack  as they sometimes do boxsets with several characters, namely Ghostbusters and the Warriors that were shown at SDCC. 

 

I'd pick an Ultimate from Neca, then theres more chances of them doing a Reginald VelJohnson which I absolutely need in my collection ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, NeedlessImmortals said:

I'd pick an Ultimate from Neca, then theres more chances of them doing a Reginald VelJohnson which I absolutely need in my collection ?

All my NECA figures are the Ultimate versions.  I have all Terminator figures except the T-1000 regualr version that for some strange reason never got here. 

I personally think Neca would do a better job than DST. 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, FASVB said:

All my NECA figures are the Ultimate versions.  I have all Terminator figures except the T-1000 regualr version that for some strange reason never got here. 

I personally think Neca would do a better job than DST. 

 

 

I always hold out for the NECA ultimate versions as well. By then they work out any sculpting/articulation issues and include a bunch of cool accessories. The Ultimate Alien Warriors (blue and brown) from Aliens are finally getting released. Just need to figure out what color I prefer.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GojiBill said:

I always hold out for the NECA ultimate versions as well. By then they work out any sculpting/articulation issues and include a bunch of cool accessories. The Ultimate Alien Warriors (blue and brown) from Aliens are finally getting released. Just need to figure out what color I prefer.

One figure that they never did as an ultimate version was Rambo and I really wanted that one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, FASVB said:

All my NECA figures are the Ultimate versions.  I have all Terminator figures except the T-1000 regualr version that for some strange reason never got here. 

I personally think Neca would do a better job than DST. 

 

 

Yep, Neca is my go-to company as well for movie figures. I can't say for sure if I have all the Ultimates because I started collecting before I really knew the difference and they are kinda all over the place and I know I have doubles and triples of certain figures like the T-800 and Jason.

So do you have the Genesys figures too? I'm been on the fence about getting them since I don't care much for the movie.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...






Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE