DC's Legends Of Tomorrow - 4.01 'The Virgin Gary' Season Premiere Preview Images & Synopsis

Outsiders

After the Legends defeated Mallus and wiped the final anachronism from time, they find themselves in unfamiliar territory with the Time Bureau.  All that changes when Constantine (Matt Ryan) informs Sara (Caity Lotz) of a new magical threat that leads the team to Woodstock.  Constantine thinks he knows how to defeat the new threat, but will need the help of the team and their special klepto talents to help with his spell.  Meanwhile, Nate (Nick Zano) and Rory (Dominic Purcell) go on an adventure leaving Nate facing someone from his past.

Brandon Routh, Tala Ashe, Jes Macallan and Courtney Ford also star.
Gregory Smith directed the episode written by Phil Klemmer & Grainne Godfree (401).

Original Airdate: 10/22/2018

LGN401c_0432br.jpg

LGN401a_0208b.jpg

LGN401a_0245b.jpg

LGN401b_0099ra.jpg

LGN401b_0270b.jpg

LGN401b_0382b.jpg

LGN401b_0394ra.jpg

LGN401b_0441b.jpg

LGN401b_0447b.jpg

LGN401c_0007b.jpg

LGN401c_0257b.jpg

LGN401c_0385b.jpg

I have never enjoyed the use of time travel in a story, the exceptions being the 1st two Terminator movies and TimeCop series. Can’t quite explain why, but if it’s not implemented in a certain way, it just bothers me.

That said, I am good with time travel that plays in the multiverse theory (Hulk: Future Imperfect) or is more of a “roll back of time” function (Dr. Strange film).  

5 hours ago, GojiBill said:

I have never enjoyed the use of time travel in a story, the exceptions being the 1st two Terminator movies and TimeCop series. Can’t quite explain why, but if it’s not implemented in a certain way, it just bothers me.

That said, I am good with time travel that plays in the multiverse theory (Hulk: Future Imperfect) or is more of a “roll back of time” function (Dr. Strange film).  

I'm a huge time travel junky, I have a soft sport for anything with that uses time travel in one way or anther and I especially love the ones that really make you think about it way after its over. Still, while this show deals heavily with time travel, I wouldn't say its a huge story element its more of a plot device so that they can go to random decades, or alternate futures, play with fun "What If?" story lines and Elseworld scenarios and bring in different characters that wouldn't be able to fit in the regular shows and also bring back characters who have died on the other shows. I haven't seen them do anything really awesome or groundbreaking using time though, its really more of a "hijinx through time" sort of show like Mr. Peabody & Sherman lol

• Thanks 1

Appreciate the description, based on that, I think I may sit this series out. Sounds like it’s a platform to test out live action DC characters to see which ones have a potential for their own series based on viewer response.

2 hours ago, GojiBill said:

Appreciate the description, based on that, I think I may sit this series out. Sounds like it’s a platform to test out live action DC characters to see which ones have a potential for their own series based on viewer response.

I feel like that is more Arrow than Legends. Never once do I feel like its just a show for throw away characters or spin off potential, if anything its much more comic booky than the rest of the Arrowverse.

This is the best CW show right now. I didn't like very much the way things ended last season. but overall the season was very fun. Seeing Damien Dahrk being kinda nice to Ray was hilarious.  

3 hours ago, NeedlessImmortals said:

I feel like that is more Arrow than Legends. Never once do I feel like its just a show for throw away characters or spin off potential, if anything its much more comic booky than the rest of the Arrowverse.

Yea, I can definitely see that description fitting Arrow as well. Maybe I’ll give Legends a chance.

3 hours ago, GojiBill said:

Yea, I can definitely see that description fitting Arrow as well. Maybe I’ll give Legends a chance.

At the start seems slow pacing, but the stories are very fun. 

11 hours ago, FASVB said:

This is the best CW show right now. I didn't like very much the way things ended last season. but overall the season was very fun. Seeing Damien Dahrk being kinda nice to Ray was hilarious.  

You know, I hated Damien Dahrk and that whole story when he was on Arrow but Legends made him such a likable character, I really hope they bring him back.

You know, I hated Damien Dahrk and that whole story when he was on Arrow but Legends made him such a likable character, I really hope they bring him back.

They really developed the character and made him sort of a sarcastic villain. He redeemed himself in the end and now his daughter is a regular on the show. In Arrow he was a very annoying guy. 

49 minutes ago, FASVB said:

They really developed the character and made him sort of a sarcastic villain. He redeemed himself in the end and now his daughter is a regular on the show. In Arrow he was a very annoying guy. 

I really wish they stuck with the whole Legion of Doom thing they were setting up but that fizzled away fast but at least we got the best versions of those characters finally, even Eobard Thawne was finally likable and I actually prefer his true form over the Harrison Wells persona at last.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FASVB said:

I felt the same way and I was torn due to liking his actor, Neal McDonough. This where Arrow started losing me, especially after that big Star City brawl in the finale. The character had a lot of potential, but it seemed like the writers were struggling with keeping him a big bad that Green Arrow could believable defeat. Glad to hear he got another shot in Legends.

2 hours ago, GojiBill said:

I felt the same way and I was torn due to liking his actor, Neal McDonough. This where Arrow started losing me, especially after that big Star City brawl in the finale. The character had a lot of potential, but it seemed like the writers were struggling with keeping him a big bad that Green Arrow could believable defeat. Glad to hear he got another shot in Legends.

Go watch it. Like I say to me, it's the best show. It almost got canned. I hope it lasts a few more seasons. Every time they bring a new element to the show, change the roster a bit and it seems somewhat new and fresh.  

2 hours ago, NeedlessImmortals said:

I really wish they stuck with the whole Legion of Doom thing they were setting up but that fizzled away fast but at least we got the best versions of those characters finally, even Eobard Thawne was finally likable and I actually prefer his true form over the Harrison Wells persona at last.

Did you see the crossover? 

12 minutes ago, FASVB said:

Did you see the crossover? 

Oh yeah, I watch these shows religiously lol

• Like 1

Oh yeah, I watch these shows religiously lol

So you know he said that next time he might have a different face. 

7 hours ago, FASVB said:

So you know he said that next time he might have a different face. 

Well I know hes coming back, I think in the Flash this time though. I hope the actor comes back too and hes not just disguised again.

7 hours ago, NeedlessImmortals said:

Well I know hes coming back, I think in the Flash this time though. I hope the actor comes back too and hes not just disguised again.

Maybe they used that in case not locking the actor for the shows anymore. 

43 minutes ago, FASVB said:

Maybe they used that in case not locking the actor for the shows anymore. 

yeah, that actor really grew on me after the episode where they went into space and had to work together lol

12 hours ago, FASVB said:

So guys.

Everybody that watches Legends. Any predictions of how the season will be? 

Does Sarah still have that demon or whatever inside her?

21 hours ago, NeedlessImmortals said:

Does Sarah still have that demon or whatever inside her?

Nope, Mallus is gone thanks to Beebo haha

2 hours ago, FASVB said:

Nope, Mallus is gone thanks to Beebo haha

Hmm I'm not sure then, I feel like they tied up a lot of lose ends last season.

7 hours ago, NeedlessImmortals said:

Hmm I'm not sure then, I feel like they tied up a lot of lose ends last season.

And also had something to do with the death amulet that now is with Kuasa 

5 minutes ago, FASVB said:

And also had something to do with the death amulet that now is with Kuasa 

They should do something with Ultra-Humanite, I always liked him as a villain. Its hard to think up of story lines they could do thats not being used already in the shows or movies lol