Black Lightning - 2.01 'The Book Of Consequences: Chapter One: Rise Of The Green Light Babies' Season Premiere Preview Images & Synopsis

Outsiders

Jefferson Pierce (Cress Williams) and his family may have survived Tobias’s (Marvin Jones III) attack, but they’re not out of the woods yet. Concerned for the safety of Garfield’s students, the board considers a motion to shut down the school, forcing Jefferson to go to Napier Frank (guest star Robert Townsend) to sway the vote. Jennifer (China Anne McClain) struggles with her powers and her actions have unforeseen repercussions. Meanwhile, Anissa (Nafessa Williams) finds a new way to give back to Freeland. Lastly, Lynn (Christine Adams) continues her quest much to the dismay of Agent Odell (guest star Bill Duke).

Damon Gupton and James Remar also star.
The episode was directed and written by Salim Akil (#201).

Original Airdate: 10/9/2018

BLK201d_0329b.jpg

BLK201a_0319b.jpg

BLK201a_0332b.jpg

BLK201a_0351b2.jpg

BLK201a_0431b.jpg

BLK201a_0494b.jpg

BLK201b_0116b.jpg

BLK201b_0148b.jpg

BLK201b_0335b.jpg

BLK201c_0041b_2.jpg

BLK201c_0238b.jpg

BLK201c_0357r.jpg

BLK201d_0140b.jpg

BLK201d_0212b.jpg

BLK201d_0277b.jpg

5 hours ago, GojiBill said:

How does Black Lightning compare to the other DC shows? I’ve heard good things, but I’ve never checked it out due to dwindling interest in Flash and Arrow.

Personally I feel that Black Lightning is what Luke Cage should have been, Its much more fun and upbeat even though there are dark things going on and the main villain is much more developed compared to Diamondback from Luke Cage. I really like that he has a family and is a good parent while also trying to juggle being a superhero plus hes the principle of a high school. Its just a really entertaining show and I don't know much about the character or his villains. I have no clue if they ever plan to bring this show into the Arrowverse because its is a little different in tone compared to the other shows but it could happen. This year my 3 favorite shows on CW were The Flash, Black Lightning, and Riverdale and if you don't count that then Legends of Tomorrow so I'd definitely say you should give it a look.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NeedlessImmortals said:

Personally I feel that Black Lightning is what Luke Cage should have been, Its much more fun and upbeat even though there are dark things going on and the main villain is much more developed compared to Diamondback from Luke Cage. I really like that he has a family and is a good parent while also trying to juggle being a superhero plus hes the principle of a high school. Its just a really entertaining show and I don't know much about the character or his villains. I have no clue if they ever plan to bring this show into the Arrowverse because its is a little different in tone compared to the other shows but it could happen. This year my 3 favorite shows on CW were The Flash, Black Lightning, and Riverdale and if you don't count that then Legends of Tomorrow so I'd definitely say you should give it a look.

I’ll have to give it a chance. I enjoyed the Luke Cage series, but I agree their “super” villains were a bit under developed. Cottonmouth and Mariah were better villains then Diamondback and Bush Master IMO. Their abilities were great for combating Cage, but they were just lacking compared to Cottonmouth and Mariah. That said, Bush Master was an improvement over Diamondback.

2 hours ago, GojiBill said:

I’ll have to give it a chance. I enjoyed the Luke Cage series, but I agree their “super” villains were a bit under developed. Cottonmouth and Mariah were better villains then Diamondback and Bush Master IMO. Their abilities were great for combating Cage, but they were just lacking compared to Cottonmouth and Mariah. That said, Bush Master was an improvement over Diamondback.

Its a good show and yeah Cottonmouth should have been the main villain in the first season, Bush Master was fine but the story was all over the place I couldn't tell what exactly was going on until halfway through the season  and even then he was more a villain for Mariah than Luke, he didn't even really need to be in the 2nd season.

It is a good show. I never watched Riverdale or I Zombie. But LEgends is still the best right now. Flash should get better or wil end up like Arrow. I don't really compare this to Luke Cage.  The tone is not the same. Black Lightning has a much complicated life with family and all. Everybody knows who Luke is and where he is. BL is actually more complex and he has a real nemesis and something that he is fighting for. Both shows have theys ups and downs. 

On 9/26/2018 at 4:41 PM, FASVB said:

It is a good show. I never watched Riverdale or I Zombie. But LEgends is still the best right now. Flash should get better or wil end up like Arrow. I don't really compare this to Luke Cage.  The tone is not the same. Black Lightning has a much complicated life with family and all. Everybody knows who Luke is and where he is. BL is actually more complex and he has a real nemesis and something that he is fighting for. Both shows have theys ups and downs. 

I haven't watched much iZombie but Riverdale is one of those shows that gets you hooks and you don't know why. Its like a soap opera almost. so much s*** goes on in this town, like really messed up stuff and everyone has their own agenda its just a crazy show.

36 minutes ago, NeedlessImmortals said:

I haven't watched much iZombie but Riverdale is one of those shows that gets you hooks and you don't know why. Its like a soap opera almost. so much s*** goes on in this town, like really messed up stuff and everyone has their own agenda its just a crazy show.

Maybe I will give a try. I don't have a lot of patience for teen drama. That's why sometimes even the super hero shows are annoying sometimes. The last teen drama that I enjoyed was Smallville and that was ages ago. 

46 minutes ago, FASVB said:

Maybe I will give a try. I don't have a lot of patience for teen drama. That's why sometimes even the super hero shows are annoying sometimes. The last teen drama that I enjoyed was Smallville and that was ages ago. 

Well without spoiling too much this show has a lot of murder, sex, gang wars, mutilation, incest, serial killers, dual personalities, and Archie basically joins the mafia, its really nothing I ever expected when I started the show.

5 minutes ago, NeedlessImmortals said:

Well without spoiling too much this show has a lot of murder, sex, gang wars, mutilation, incest, serial killers, dual personalities, and Archie basically joins the mafia, its really nothing I ever expected when I started the show.

Well, that's...interesting.  I will watch a couple of episodes and tell you later. 

• Like 1