Sign in to follow this  
JayC

Metal Gear Solid Venom Snake (Play Demo Ver.) 1/6 Scale Limited Edition Statue From Gecco

Venom Snake appeared shirtless in the play demo version at the Tokyo Game Show 2014 and is now lined up as limited statue of 800 pieces. The upper body captures the anatomy of an experienced aging soldier, his torso thinly covered with countless scars piled up from tough missions and war.

The left bionic arm is equipped with a Stun Arm, which can knock enemies unconscious with electric shock, and is interchangeable with the Hand of Jehuty or the red default one. This statue highlights both his relaxed posture with Phantom Cigar in one hand and a super tense atmosphere with his sharp eye always watching out for enemies. You can pre-order this now from BigBadToyStore.com.

Gecco-Metal-Gear-Solid-Venom-Snake-01.jpg

Gecco-Metal-Gear-Solid-Venom-Snake-02.jpg

Gecco-Metal-Gear-Solid-Venom-Snake-03.jpg

Gecco-Metal-Gear-Solid-Venom-Snake-04.jpg

Gecco-Metal-Gear-Solid-Venom-Snake-05.jpg

Gecco-Metal-Gear-Solid-Venom-Snake-06.jpg

Gecco-Metal-Gear-Solid-Venom-Snake-07.jpg

Gecco-Metal-Gear-Solid-Venom-Snake-08.jpg

Gecco-Metal-Gear-Solid-Venom-Snake-09.jpg

Gecco-Metal-Gear-Solid-Venom-Snake-10.jpg

Gecco-Metal-Gear-Solid-Venom-Snake-11.jpg

Gecco-Metal-Gear-Solid-Venom-Snake-12.jpg

• Like 1

My gawd, this is a stunning piece! I love anything Metal Gear Solid related — even from Ground Zeroes / The Phantom Pain, which I’ve not been able to play... Everything from the legitimacy of the fatigues and harness he’s wearing, to the swappable bionic arm, to the face sculpt; Just WOW.

I still remember the PS1 MGS, that was a game changer. The stealth aspect and complex story was amazing. The introduction of the Cyborg Ninja (Gray Fox) was perfect.

The thing os collecting these is the price. The most impressive ones or even the better ones have a very high price tag. The guys must suffer, mainly because you got to have some kind of focus on your collection. You justa can't have everything.

For figures you can mix and match your collection a little bit with no problem. 

Indeed this is awesome. Sculpt and paint are flawless. 

4 hours ago, GojiBill said:

I still remember the PS1 MGS, that was a game changer. The stealth aspect and complex story was amazing. The introduction of the Cyborg Ninja (Gray Fox) was perfect.

Man, so many great memories of that game! I remember beating it for the first time, and then, because the memory card I’d had was one of those weird, third party, ‘multi-layered’ affairs, I’d hit a wrong button somewhere and thought my whole game save got deleted. I couldn’t figure out what had happened, and was bummed for a few days, before I began a new game and went through it all again.

Then, only to find years later, that the game had still been saved on that third party memory card, and had just been ‘moved’ so as to have more room for other saves. If that’s not the definition of ‘facepalm’, I dunno what is, lol.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sXeblues said:

Man, so many great memories of that game! I remember beating it for the first time, and then, because the memory card I’d had was one of those weird, third party, ‘multi-layered’ affairs, I’d hit a wrong button somewhere and thought my whole game save got deleted. I couldn’t figure out what had happened, and was bummed for a few days, before I began a new game and went through it all again.

Then, only to find years later, that the game had still been saved on that third party memory card, and had just been ‘moved’ so as to have more room for other saves. If that’s not the definition of ‘facepalm’, I dunno what is, lol.

That sucks! I too fell victim to 3rd party products. I was young and naive. I didn’t realize that the cheaper multi-tap, giant memory card, and extra controller would fail me repeatedly. After that, I learned my lesson. It was only Sony licensed products for PS2 and onward.

But back to the good times: remember how Mantis displayed his psychic powers before the fight?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GojiBill said:

But back to the good times: remember how Mantis displayed his psychic powers before the fight?

Do you mean how he took control of Meryl, or the ‘reading your mind’ through your memory card bit? Man, Kojima was a genius, putting stuff like that in the game, lol.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sXeblues said:

Do you mean how he took control of Meryl, or the ‘reading your mind’ through your memory card bit? Man, Kojima was a genius, putting stuff like that in the game, lol.

Yea, when he read your memory card or made your controller move if it had the rumble feature. Add in the fact that you could beat him much easier by moving your controller from player 1 to the player 2 port. That extra stuff made this game gold.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GojiBill said:

Yea, when he read your memory card or made your controller move if it had the rumble feature. Add in the fact that you could beat him much easier by moving your controller from player 1 to the player 2 port. That extra stuff made this game gold.

Very much agreed... And I loved how the screen would go black and read ‘Hideo’ up in the corner, which always reminded me of whenever they would wheel the tv and vcr into class, and ‘VIDEO’ would be writ large on the screen, lol. Just hilarious!

^ It is amazingly detailed... I mean, I cannot say that enough. Just looking over all of the photos — it’s just short of lifelike, to me. All of the scars and the wash cast over the length of it to enhance the contours of the arms and all of that; it’s kind of insane, actually.

23 hours ago, Collecting101 said:

But more Slade Wilson. It's the eye patch ya' know.

I kinda agree. At first I didn't really know who this guy was and if I didn't read what it said, I would've guessed Slade Wilson to.