Bumblebee - New Official Trailer

Outsiders

3 hours ago, EvilHayato said:

This may be a too little too late kind of thing for these movies. I mean Theyve been pumping them out about as much as Disney has been pumping out Star Wars and neither franchises have really faired well with their efforts. I think alot of people are Bayformers fatigued. He also puts atrocious things in his movies that are just awkward, cringey and downright dumb. Its like he thinks his only audience is teen boys. Always a hot teen girl, always juvenile humor, always dumb ass designs....  oh and and explosions :D 

I can handle most of those things to an extent but what I don't like is that they don't feel like it was made by people who like an appreciate the source material and feels more like "hmm if I was a kid I'd probably like this" and being so far off.

9 hours ago, NeedlessImmortals said:

I can handle most of those things to an extent but what I don't like is that they don't feel like it was made by people who like an appreciate the source material and feels more like "hmm if I was a kid I'd probably like this" and being so far off.

Thats pretty much what I mean overall. Including things that dont feel like what the brand of Transformers has ever been. They make their personalities not fit with who theyve already established as yet keep the voice of that SAME character to bend the interpretation of who they were and who they are now. They just make them very uncharacteristic to how theyve alredy been established as. Prime being vengeful and killing other bots seemed weird and off altho with it being live action I get why they did it. They couldnt quite have them learn a lessen and put them in transformer jail but still. 

10 minutes ago, EvilHayato said:

Thats pretty much what I mean overall. Including things that dont feel like what the brand of Transformers has ever been. They make their personalities not fit with who theyve already established as yet keep the voice of that SAME character to bend the interpretation of who they were and who they are now. They just make them very uncharacteristic to how theyve alredy been established as. Prime being vengeful and killing other bots seemed weird and off altho with it being live action I get why they did it. They couldnt quite have them learn a lessen and put them in transformer jail but still. 

You know, I was really excited for Dark of the Moon that I bought the novel to read before the movie came out and I loved the book and the majority of things that people hate in that movie we'rent even in the book. In the book Megatron helps Optimus kill Sentinel and tells him about how hes so tired of war and they talk about how they used to be friends and wonder if that could ever be possible again and they agree to rebuild Cybertron together. So when that did not happen I was dumbfounded after seeing what they chose to do instead. 

10 minutes ago, NeedlessImmortals said:

You know, I was really excited for Dark of the Moon that I bought the novel to read before the movie came out and I loved the book and the majority of things that people hate in that movie we'rent even in the book. In the book Megatron helps Optimus kill Sentinel and tells him about how hes so tired of war and they talk about how they used to be friends and wonder if that could ever be possible again and they agree to rebuild Cybertron together. So when that did not happen I was dumbfounded after seeing what they chose to do instead. 

oh wow, that sounds awesome! and also definitely not something you would see in a Bay film. That shouldve already been the trigger to you knowing it wouldnt make the film. Bays like no war? friendship? no explosions?! EFF THAT! REWWWRRRIIITTTTEEE! 

14 hours ago, EvilHayato said:

This may be a too little too late kind of thing for these movies. I mean Theyve been pumping them out about as much as Disney has been pumping out Star Wars and neither franchises have really faired well with their efforts. I think alot of people are Bayformers fatigued. He also puts atrocious things in his movies that are just awkward, cringey and downright dumb. Its like he thinks his only audience is teen boys. Always a hot teen girl, always juvenile humor, always dumb ass designs....  oh and and explosions :D 

You captured the biggest gripe against Bay. The inclusion of stuff that doesn’t need to be included.

104A01FA-E3FD-4E0E-99DD-D270337CD31E.jpeg

1 hour ago, EvilHayato said:

oh wow, that sounds awesome! and also definitely not something you would see in a Bay film. That shouldve already been the trigger to you knowing it wouldnt make the film. Bays like no war? friendship? no explosions?! EFF THAT! REWWWRRRIIITTTTEEE! 

Thats basically when I stopped caring about ever getting a good Transformers movie lol

50 minutes ago, GojiBill said:

You captured the biggest gripe against Bay. The inclusion of stuff that doesn’t need to be included.

104A01FA-E3FD-4E0E-99DD-D270337CD31E.jpeg

I laugh my ass off every time at this part, its so incredibly dumb.

1 hour ago, NeedlessImmortals said:

Thats basically when I stopped caring about ever getting a good Transformers movie lol

I laugh my ass off every time at this part, its so incredibly dumb.

That scene (among others in the franchise) is hard to watch. Really pulls you out of the movie. The difference in age does absolutely nothing for the story or characters. No real development or significant conflict results from it, it’s just creepy and dumb. Shame on you Marky Mark for being a part of it.

40 minutes ago, GojiBill said:

That scene (among others in the franchise) is hard to watch. Really pulls you out of the movie. The difference in age does absolutely nothing for the story or characters. No real development or significant conflict results from it, it’s just creepy and dumb. Shame on you Marky Mark for being a part of it.

Those last two movies aren't even Transformers movies to me, its just Mark Wahlberg with robots. AoE is awful but TLK has parts that I like.

13 hours ago, NeedlessImmortals said:

In the book Megatron helps Optimus kill Sentinel and tells him about how hes so tired of war and they talk about how they used to be friends and wonder if that could ever be possible again and they agree to rebuild Cybertron together.

Wow, man... Where the hell was THAT in the movie??? That would’ve been some deep, engrossing and all around incredible stuff. Historical stuff, even. Especially between those two iconic, titan characters. What the ever-loving hell, man???

2 hours ago, sXeblues said:

Wow, man... Where the hell was THAT in the movie??? That would’ve been some deep, engrossing and all around incredible stuff. Historical stuff, even. Especially between those two iconic, titan characters. What the ever-loving hell, man???

Yeah they cut out all the good stuff, in the book Ironhide was killed by Sentinel's Rust gun which was the same rust virus from the cartoon. and the whole death scene is way more emotional. Dino and Que were Mirage and Wheeljack in the book so I had way more attachment to them vs their movie counterparts. There were a lot more scenes with the Decepticons and Wreckers, Soundwave is really sadistic and loves torturing people, and Shockwave had this huge vendetta against Optimus. Its really a fantastic book.

2 hours ago, NeedlessImmortals said:

Yeah they cut out all the good stuff, in the book Ironhide was killed by Sentinel's Rust gun which was the same rust virus from the cartoon. and the whole death scene is way more emotional. Dino and Que were Mirage and Wheeljack in the book so I had way more attachment to them vs their movie counterparts. There were a lot more scenes with the Decepticons and Wreckers, Soundwave is really sadistic and loves torturing people, and Shockwave had this huge vendetta against Optimus. Its really a fantastic book.

I’m gonna have to add it to my list of books to pick up... It sounds pretty phenomenal.

17 minutes ago, sXeblues said:

I’m gonna have to add it to my list of books to pick up... It sounds pretty phenomenal.

It will definitely make you see DotM differently thats for sure.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, NeedlessImmortals said:

It seems like the book had character development, not a strong point of Bay. Most of the Decepticons are just there to be obstacles. There was no treacherous Starscream or cold calculating Shockwave.

And the representation of the Dinobots , that hurt the most. Grimlock has always been my favorite character and he was turned into a gimmick.

13 minutes ago, GojiBill said:

It seems like the book had character development, not a strong point of Bay. Most of the Decepticons are just there to be obstacles. There was no treacherous Starscream or cold calculating Shockwave.

And the representation of the Dinobots , that hurt the most. Grimlock has always been my favorite character and he was turned into a gimmick.

I'd like to think that the Dinobots were never in those movies... I can tolerate a lot of things but I die a little everytime I see anything with the them involving those movies. Even the supposed cool stuff like Optimus riding Grimlock gets under my skin. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NeedlessImmortals said:

I'd like to think that the Dinobots were never in those movies... I can tolerate a lot of things but I die a little everytime I see anything with the them involving those movies. Even the supposed cool stuff like Optimus riding Grimlock gets under my skin. 

That’s a great way to look at it. They were dinosaur themed transformers with over the top edgy looks, but they were not Dinobots. They were only included to push more toys anyway.

Not my Dinobots, not my Grimlock.

^ While I can watch those movies and enjoy them on an entirely brainless level, I’d say that the Transformers fan in me probably leans the same way... Not singularly with Grimlock, though. Apart from Optimus, in some, not all of the movies, and maybe like, Bumblebee, you could almost make the case for all of the rest of them, that they’re just transforming robots, and not actual, legit Transformers. Some of them look and act so different — it’s like the Abrams Star Trek movies, in a way. Okay, we’ll call them Star Trek, too. But, they’re not Star Trek, Star Trek, y’know? That’s kind of the fanboy equilibrium I’ve developed. As their own thing, they’re mindless entertainment. And they just happen to be called Transformers. But they, and the other Transformers, y’know, the ones from childhood, are two entirely different things.

6 hours ago, GojiBill said:

That’s a great way to look at it. They were dinosaur themed transformers with over the top edgy looks, but they were not Dinobots. They were only included to push more toys anyway.

Not my Dinobots, not my Grimlock.

They couldnt even keep the original Dinobots, they had to replace half of them.. a 2 headed pterodactyl wtf?

1 hour ago, sXeblues said:

^ While I can watch those movies and enjoy them on an entirely brainless level, I’d say that the Transformers fan in me probably leans the same way... Not singularly with Grimlock, though. Apart from Optimus, in some, not all of the movies, and maybe like, Bumblebee, you could almost make the case for all of the rest of them, that they’re just transforming robots, and not actual, legit Transformers. Some of them look and act so different — it’s like the Abrams Star Trek movies, in a way. Okay, we’ll call them Star Trek, too. But, they’re not Star Trek, Star Trek, y’know? That’s kind of the fanboy equilibrium I’ve developed. As their own thing, they’re mindless entertainment. And they just happen to be called Transformers. But they, and the other Transformers, y’know, the ones from childhood, are two entirely different things.

The problem with that for me is that they made that Rise of the Dark Spark game awhile back which tried to explain why all the transformers went from looking all G1 on Cybertron to looking like a Bayformer when they came to earth. And it was a really fun game and I remember at the time I loved how they fused the two together. So now having that backstory knowledge I have trouble fully discrediting the Bay movies.

And I'd still say the Abrams movies are more Star Trek than Discovery. The way I see the timeline is that TOS and everything that connects to it happened. I'm not exactly sure how long Spock can live but I'd say that apart from the main shows while he was alive is when he went through the wormhole and basically created an alternate timeline like in X-Men: Days of Future Past which gets more confusing later but lets just go with that one movie lol

5 hours ago, NeedlessImmortals said:

The problem with that for me is that they made that Rise of the Dark Spark game awhile back which tried to explain why all the transformers went from looking all G1 on Cybertron to looking like a Bayformer when they came to earth. And it was a really fun game and I remember at the time I loved how they fused the two together. So now having that backstory knowledge I have trouble fully discrediting the Bay movies.

I can’t say I’ve ever heard of that particular game, but it leaves me somewhat curious as to how exactly they went about explaining that stuff. Color me intrigued.

5 hours ago, NeedlessImmortals said:

And I'd still say the Abrams movies are more Star Trek than Discovery. The way I see the timeline is that TOS and everything that connects to it happened. I'm not exactly sure how long Spock can live but I'd say that apart from the main shows while he was alive is when he went through the wormhole and basically created an alternate timeline like in X-Men: Days of Future Past which gets more confusing later but lets just go with that one movie lol

Oh, I’m just using what tends to be said about the Abrams Trek movies nowadays as a kind of summarization of where my head is at with the Transformers movies. I quite enjoy the ‘Kelvin Timeline’ movies. They’re not quite the same as the original series, but they’re still Star Trek, to me.

Although, I still have some longstanding issues with ‘Into Darkness’... And maintain to this day that that shouldn’t have been Khan, and should’ve instead been Gary Mitchell.

28 minutes ago, sXeblues said:

I can’t say I’ve ever heard of that particular game, but it leaves me somewhat curious as to how exactly they went about explaining that stuff. Color me intrigued.

Its a fun game, they got the same people who do the War for Cybertron games to do it which was cool

30 minutes ago, sXeblues said:

Oh, I’m just using what tends to be said about the Abrams Trek movies nowadays as a kind of summarization of where my head is at with the Transformers movies. I quite enjoy the ‘Kelvin Timeline’ movies. They’re not quite the same as the original series, but they’re still Star Trek, to me.

Although, I still have some longstanding issues with ‘Into Darkness’... And maintain to this day that that shouldn’t have been Khan, and should’ve instead been Gary Mitchell.

The Abrams movies I tend to watch every few months, theyre just really enjoyable to have on. But yeah that Khan reveal was so unnecessary, I t would have been better without it I think.

28 minutes ago, NeedlessImmortals said:

The Abrams movies I tend to watch every few months, theyre just really enjoyable to have on. But yeah that Khan reveal was so unnecessary, I t would have been better without it I think.

It’s a shame the way ‘Beyond’ took a hit afterward, too... Especially seeing as it is wildly regarded as the best of the three, by a lot of folks. Largely owing to how P.O.ed the fanbase was that he was Khan. I feel like, if they would’ve at least ventured to explain it a little bit — like, they did some reconstructive surgery on him, so no one would recognize the Khan from the history books, or something. Which, I admit, is a bit of a stretch, suspension of disbelief-wise. But, at least that would’ve been something to explain how a middle eastern Sikh turned into a caucasion, all of a sudden.

5 minutes ago, sXeblues said:

It’s a shame the way ‘Beyond’ took a hit afterward, too... Especially seeing as it is wildly regarded as the best of the three, by a lot of folks. Largely owing to how P.O.ed the fanbase was that he was Khan. I feel like, if they would’ve at least ventured to explain it a little bit — like, they did some reconstructive surgery on him, so no one would recognize the Khan from the history books, or something. Which, I admit, is a bit of a stretch, suspension of disbelief-wise. But, at least that would’ve been something to explain how a middle eastern Sikh turned into a caucasion, all of a sudden.

Yep studios are getting lazy and letting "creative vision" be their excuse for lazy casting choices and are brought down even more when they cant even write a good story around it.

18 minutes ago, NeedlessImmortals said:

Yep studios are getting lazy and letting "creative vision" be their excuse for lazy casting choices and are brought down even more when they cant even write a good story around it.

Exactly... Star Trek is a great example, too. Because if you look at the fan film genre, there are some amazing productions out there. Star Trek Continues is, in my humble opinion, the absolute best example of this. Solid acting, solid, incredible storytelling, et al. Made by fans with a love for the franchise. Which is not to say that studios should suddenly open the floodgates to fandom directives. But, when such things are produced with the utmost respect and admiration for the original property like that, and telling stories the fans can really get behind, as opposed to the official licensed works the studio is producing, that obviously signals that there is a disconnect between the two, somewhere, which really needs to be addressed at some point.

1 hour ago, sXeblues said:

Exactly... Star Trek is a great example, too. Because if you look at the fan film genre, there are some amazing productions out there. Star Trek Continues is, in my humble opinion, the absolute best example of this. Solid acting, solid, incredible storytelling, et al. Made by fans with a love for the franchise. Which is not to say that studios should suddenly open the floodgates to fandom directives. But, when such things are produced with the utmost respect and admiration for the original property like that, and telling stories the fans can really get behind, as opposed to the official licensed works the studio is producing, that obviously signals that there is a disconnect between the two, somewhere, which really needs to be addressed at some point.

I still find it funny that Star Trek continues is made up of mostly Funimation actors lol And your right that show is really good and I like that they even get people who were on the show to reprise their roles. Money and licensing seems to be ruining a lot of media lately. It really is easier to just make a fan film or parody and just use your imagination to fill in the gaps. 

8 minutes ago, NeedlessImmortals said:

I still find it funny that Star Trek continues is made up of mostly Funimation actors lol And your right that show is really good and I like that they even get people who were on the show to reprise their roles. Money and licensing seems to be ruining a lot of media lately. It really is easier to just make a fan film or parody and just use your imagination to fill in the gaps. 

I about lost it, with my anime background, when I realized so many of them were Funimation alums, lol. That was a cool fandom crossover moment, for me.

But yea, Star Trek especially is kind of a hot mess behind the scenes, with the licensing issues between CBS and Paramount. They both own aspects of the IP film rights. I think it’s CBS that owns the tv rights, and Paramount that owns the movie rights. And it’s like pushing a square peg through a round hole just to get some solid content made. Discovery was enjoyable, for the most part. But, it is plagued with plenty of issues. Not least of which is the conflicts with the canon and time period. And even then, I’ve been forgiving, as they continue to bang on that they’ll explain it all away, at some point. But, honestly, we wouldn’t even be dealing with Discovery if the damned licensing issues weren’t an utter shambles.