Bumblebee - New Official Trailer

Outsiders

Check out the new official trailer for the eagerly anticipated "Transformers" spinoff that stars Hailee Steinfeld and John Cena.

On the run in the year 1987, Bumblebee finds refuge in a junkyard in a small Californian beach town. Charlie (Hailee Steinfeld), on the cusp of turning 18 and trying to find her place in the world, discovers Bumblebee, battle-scarred and broken. When Charlie revives him, she quickly learns this is no ordinary, yellow VW bug.

Bumblebee stars Hailee Steinfeld, John Cena, Jorge Lendeborg Jr., Jason Drucker, Abby Quinn, Rachel Crow, Ricardo Hoyos, Gracie Dzienny, Pamela Adlon, Kenneth Choi, John Ortiz

Release: December 21st, 2018

BumbleBee_Logo.jpg

This is the only movie I want to see now. Maybe its because I'm a huge Transformers nerd but I lost it when I saw OG Optimus, Shockwave, and Soundwave, I can't wait for this movie to come out!

1 hour ago, NeedlessImmortals said:

This is the only movie I want to see now. Maybe its because I'm a huge Transformers nerd but I lost it when I saw OG Optimus, Shockwave, and Soundwave, I can't wait for this movie to come out!

While it was great to see the original designs after years of being told they wouldn’t work in live action, I’m still apprehensive. I enjoyed the 1st Transformers movie, but the others after that were just incoherent noise that constantly retcon the backstory. Despite that, this franchise has made billions, so I don’t expect them to change the formula.

I was mostly done with Transformers movies. The last one OH MY GOD. That was plain awful. 

This one seems to be very interesting and we will see G1 designs. So that is exciting. 

3 hours ago, GojiBill said:

While it was great to see the original designs after years of being told they wouldn’t work in live action, I’m still apprehensive. I enjoyed the 1st Transformers movie, but the others after that were just incoherent noise that constantly retcon the backstory. Despite that, this franchise has made billions, so I don’t expect them to change the formula.

I agree, the Bay movies are mindless and dumb, I enjoy them still as more of a joke to the franchise. This trailer however feels like a fan spliced together the first trailer and clips from the War For Cybertron game and I mean that in the best possible way because its so unbelievable that they would go from complete garbage to being almost perfect.

I feel like this is what they should have done from the beginning. There was no need to redesign the Transformers so drastically right from the get-go. It's hard to get a good look at some of the designs here, but they look a lot better than they did in the last few movies. I still get a bit of that Michael Bay flavor from the trailer. I might go see this in the theater though. 

As I said elsewhere on the forums, I am mad stoked that we get to see Shockwave, Starscream, Skywarp, Soundwave and Optimus alongside Bee, in all their G-1 glory! I am getting so damn hyped for this flick, it’s not even funny!

4 hours ago, GojiBill said:

I remember the studio gathering a writers room of talent to try and work out a way to reboot the series after movie three, and they just ended up doing a soft reboot with the fourth film anyway and just did the same thing again. It seems like this is just more of the same in a way. Trying to change up the look to get us interested, but at the core it's the same low brow humor and lackluster story. I hope I'm wrong though. I'd really like to see a good live action Transformers movie on the big screen. 

^ The one thing that speaks to your point overarchingly to me, is the fact that Bumblebee doesn’t seem to be able to talk, just like in the first Bay movie. Which is the singular thing that has me trying to reign in my hype for this movie. Everything else, by the look of it, is pretty decent — and the G-1 designs of the TransFormers themselves is all kinds of awesome. But, this could still go south, fairly quickly, if they’re not actually rebooting, and just aligning it with the first Bay movie as a prequel.

7 hours ago, sXeblues said:

^ The one thing that speaks to your point overarchingly to me, is the fact that Bumblebee doesn’t seem to be able to talk, just like in the first Bay movie. Which is the singular thing that has me trying to reign in my hype for this movie. Everything else, by the look of it, is pretty decent — and the G-1 designs of the TransFormers themselves is all kinds of awesome. But, this could still go south, fairly quickly, if they’re not actually rebooting, and just aligning it with the first Bay movie as a prequel.

This is just what I heard so don't quote me on this but apparently the guy who is directing this movie basically talked a lot of smack about the Bay movies saying that those arent the transformers he knew and loved as a kid and that this movie is pretty much what the first movie should have been from the start. Also this guy has worked on all the Laika movies which I'm a huge fan of so I have pretty high hopes for this movie.

This looks way more promising than I ever gave it credit for. The Transformers movies have quickly got worse and worse with each iteration and this one just felt like a quick cash grab before ending them. I really dig the G1 designs they are introducing which is extremely shocking to see since they were all about making their own looks with mechanical testicles and awkward moments in the movies. I love that its got parts on Cybertron as well. Maybe this one wont be a sh#$show. MAYBE. 

8 hours ago, NeedlessImmortals said:

This is just what I heard so don't quote me on this but apparently the guy who is directing this movie basically talked a lot of smack about the Bay movies saying that those arent the transformers he knew and loved as a kid and that this movie is pretty much what the first movie should have been from the start. Also this guy has worked on all the Laika movies which I'm a huge fan of so I have pretty high hopes for this movie.

I really hope that’s true! A friend of mine was saying that he saw that Bay and all of his production team from the first movie onward are still involved with this one, and that someone in their troupe said this was supposed to be a prequel, directly tied to the first movie. Which, much as I have loved the sort of mindless, summer blockbuster flair of those movies, makes me cringe and then some. They finally look like they’re giving us all what we’ve wanted with this one, at least by the look of the trailer. So I will definitely remain hopeful that it is.

5 hours ago, EvilHayato said:

This looks way more promising than I ever gave it credit for. The Transformers movies have quickly got worse and worse with each iteration and this one just felt like a quick cash grab before ending them. I really dig the G1 designs they are introducing which is extremely shocking to see since they were all about making their own looks with mechanical testicles and awkward moments in the movies. I love that its got parts on Cybertron as well. Maybe this one wont be a sh#$show. MAYBE. 

Hopefully, for sure... Especially after how many times they said that the classic designs ‘wouldn’t work’ in a movie. Which to me, is kinda ridiculous. I mean, we’re already suspending disbelief that these giant, trnsforming robots exist. But then we, as the audience, will look at those classic designs and be like, ‘Nope! The buck stops there! Those aren’t realistic looking sentient, alien, transforming robots you’ve got there!’ LOL

All I can say is; Fingers crossed, man.

18 hours ago, sXeblues said:

As I said elsewhere on the forums, I am mad stoked that we get to see Shockwave, Starscream, Skywarp, Soundwave and Optimus alongside Bee, in all their G-1 glory! I am getting so damn hyped for this flick, it’s not even funny!

Not to spoil you excitement. (I am also very interested and Bee is one of my favorite characters since the 1980 something cartoons)., but remember that they can always screw this up. 

I really hope they don't. This could be very much be the end of the franchise altogether.  

1 hour ago, FASVB said:

Not to spoil you excitement. (I am also very interested and Bee is one of my favorite characters since the 1980 something cartoons)., but remember that they can always screw this up. 

I really hope they don't. This could be very much be the end of the franchise altogether.  

Oh yea, I know... There’s still every chance that this sucker could wind up scraping the barrel. I really, really hope not. But, I can’t deny the fact that it’s still a thorough possibility.

1 hour ago, sXeblues said:

Oh yea, I know... There’s still every chance that this sucker could wind up scraping the barrel. I really, really hope not. But, I can’t deny the fact that it’s still a thorough possibility.

We have to stay positive about the stuff we want/need.  sometimes is very hard, but anyway. Just hope that doesn't happen the same thing that happened here and one company owns the distribution rights of every single collector from Neca and DST, going through Sideshow all the way to Bandai. 

It is so complicated now that if you even try to get the rights to distribute as a friend tried by getting other people involved, they got shut down.  No can do, it's a monopoly.

^ Yea, exactly... I mean, look at the state of the Star Trek franchise. CBS owns this, Paramount owns that, never the two shall meet. You’ve got thr crackdown on fan films, and companies like Diamond Select and McFarlane vying for licensed figures and ships. It’s a monopoly, tried and true!

12 hours ago, sXeblues said:

I really hope that’s true! A friend of mine was saying that he saw that Bay and all of his production team from the first movie onward are still involved with this one, and that someone in their troupe said this was supposed to be a prequel, directly tied to the first movie. Which, much as I have loved the sort of mindless, summer blockbuster flair of those movies, makes me cringe and then some. They finally look like they’re giving us all what we’ve wanted with this one, at least by the look of the trailer. So I will definitely remain hopeful that it is.

I think its supposed to be a soft reboot, The studio knows that there are fans of the Bay movies so they dont want to throw them under the bus so they want to try this and see how fans react before they form a concrete plan on how they'd like to continue the franchise moving foward. 

6 minutes ago, NeedlessImmortals said:

I think its supposed to be a soft reboot, The studio knows that there are fans of the Bay movies so they dont want to throw them under the bus so they want to try this and see how fans react before they form a concrete plan on how they'd like to continue the franchise moving foward. 

I’m definitely all for it, as I’ve said... I can only hope that the majority of skeptical fans will actually support the effort with their dollars, so that the powers that be know this is the way to go in the future.

Assuming it actually turns out good, of course.

29 minutes ago, sXeblues said:

I’m definitely all for it, as I’ve said... I can only hope that the majority of skeptical fans will actually support the effort with their dollars, so that the powers that be know this is the way to go in the future.

Assuming it actually turns out good, of course.

I honestly don't see this movie failing.... financially at least. It seems like the popular opinion of this movie is that people think its going to be good and have high hopes for it whereas the past movies have just been:

1st. "Wow a transformers movie! This looks awesome!"

2nd.  "Uhhh.. is that supposed to be a combiner?"

3rd.  "Wow Shockwave!? well the rest looks like crap but who knows it looks better then the last!"

4th. "Ugh another movie.. Oooooh look its the dinobots!"

5th.  "Seriously another one of these...? Knights? King Arthur um ok, Oooh a dragon wtf!? Well at least Megatron looks cool I guess"

This movie: "I like the tone, Looks more like a character piece, I like the new designs, G1 TRANSFORMERS!?!?!?!? &^$@$^&@&*$@*($@#*$@*$*&$%#$@$&%@!! (cleans up)  ...This could be good"

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, NeedlessImmortals said:

I honestly don't see this movie failing.... financially at least. It seems like the popular opinion of this movie is that people think its going to be good and have high hopes for it whereas the past movies have just been:

1st. "Wow a transformers movie! This looks awesome!"

2nd.  "Uhhh.. is that supposed to be a combiner?"

3rd.  "Wow Shockwave!? well the rest looks like crap but who knows it looks better then the last!"

4th. "Ugh another movie.. Oooooh look its the dinobots!"

5th.  "Seriously another one of these...? Knights? King Arthur um ok, Oooh a dragon wtf!? Well at least Megatron looks cool I guess"

This movie: "I like the tone, Looks more like a character piece, I like the new designs, G1 TRANSFORMERS!?!?!?!? &^$@$^&@&*$@*($@#*$@*$*&$%#$@$&%@!! (cleans up)  ...This could be good"

This may well be the most accurate appraisal of the reaction to each of those films, LMAO. ?

• Thanks 1

On 9/26/2018 at 7:26 AM, NeedlessImmortals said:

Not gonna hold my breath, Bay wasn’t supposed to have much involvement with the TMNT movies. Was reduced to “producer” status. Didn’t feel any different than Director Bay IMO.

As long as Bay makes the money, studios don’t care about the final product and I can’t fault them for that. 

6 minutes ago, GojiBill said:

Not gonna hold my breath, Bay wasn’t supposed to have much involvement with the TMNT movies. Was reduced to “producer” status. Didn’t feel any different than Director Bay IMO.

As long as Bay makes the money, studios don’t care about the final product and I can’t fault them for that. 

I'm not a hater of the Bay movies, they kind of just are what they are. I don't know how much involvement Bay had with TMNT but there was a lot wrong with those movies. I feel like both of these franchises were a victim of the whole "take old beloved franchises and make them modern, realistic, and believable" mentality. Now we're finally starting to see some change but we still have a long way to go. 

2 hours ago, NeedlessImmortals said:

I'm not a hater of the Bay movies, they kind of just are what they are. I don't know how much involvement Bay had with TMNT but there was a lot wrong with those movies. I feel like both of these franchises were a victim of the whole "take old beloved franchises and make them modern, realistic, and believable" mentality. Now we're finally starting to see some change but we still have a long way to go. 

Bay had some good movies, The Rock, Bad Boys, even the 1st Transformers was acceptable. But he made a name for himself after Transformers 2 and TMNT.

This may be a too little too late kind of thing for these movies. I mean Theyve been pumping them out about as much as Disney has been pumping out Star Wars and neither franchises have really faired well with their efforts. I think alot of people are Bayformers fatigued. He also puts atrocious things in his movies that are just awkward, cringey and downright dumb. Its like he thinks his only audience is teen boys. Always a hot teen girl, always juvenile humor, always dumb ass designs....  oh and and explosions :D