TNI Forum Give-Away Week 2 With Another Chance To Win $100 Store Credit

JayC

It's another week which means you have another chance to win a $100 store credit to either BigBadToyStore.com or Megalopolis.Toys. If you win you get to choose which TNI sponsor between the two you want to spend the credit at.

The winner for last week's contest was NeedlessImmortals.

Here is what you have to do in order to be entered for a chance to win this week.

1. You have to be a registered member of the TNI Forums.

2. Any contributing post made in THIS SECTION of the forums between today (9/24) and September 30 will get you entered into our drawing for the store credit. Every contributing post you make will get you an entry in the drawing, so the more you post the better your chances of winning are. Posts much be contributing to the topic or discussion though. ONE WORD posts or posts deemed as SPAM will not be counted towards the drawing.

The drawing will be held on Monday, October 01 and the winner will be contacted by JayC via PM on the message boards that day. Once the winner has claimed their price we will also announce the winner on the forums as well.

Our goal is to create the ultimate online action figure collecting community and this contest is our way of saying thank you for checking us out and being part of that community. Good luck to everyone.

• Thanks 3

Remember posts have to be made in this section https://forums.toynewsi.com/forums/forum/130-toy-news-international-news/ which includes the Action Figure News , Entertainment News. and Toy Reviews

You of course are welcome to post in any of the areas of the forums but for the purpose of the contest the above is the only places where the posts will count towards the drawing.

39 minutes ago, JayC said:

Sorry I screwed up the dates for this week. Contest runs today 9/24-9/30. Drawing will be held next Monday 10/1.

Awesome, didn’t realize there would be another drawing!

Would love to win but pretty sure im screwed with this. There are alot of members that just joined a week to a few weeks ago that have over 400 posts in that week.. im looking at you LimitedEdition.. ;)  I cant compete with that. But congrats to Needless... another new member :D

1 hour ago, EvilHayato said:

im looking at you LimitedEdition.. ;)  I cant compete with that.

I’m telling ya... This friggin’ guy! ??

6 hours ago, JayC said:

Remember posts have to be made in this section https://forums.toynewsi.com/forums/forum/130-toy-news-international-news/ which includes the Action Figure News , Entertainment News. and Toy Reviews

You of course are welcome to post in any of the areas of the forums but for the purpose of the contest the above is the only places where the posts will count towards the drawing.

Just for clarification — do all of the news posts in these sections, dating as far back as months ago, count if you comment on them? Or is it only news posts that are made between the start and end dates of the contest that apply?

i could easily go back and just start commenting on all of the older to oldest posts here, but I was under the assumption that only the latest news posts between the contest dates were actually applicable.

Thanks everyone. To be honest it never once crossed my mind that I might win as my main reason for joining the site was just to network and make friends. And I know there are people here who feel like they got screwed and that I didn't deserve it and all I can say is that I'm sorry you feel that way and I hope each one of you are able to win in the near future. As for me, I plan on sticking around, I've met a lot of cool people on here and I love talking toys and everything else with you all and I hope to continue.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, EvilHayato said:

Would love to win but pretty sure im screwed with this. There are alot of members that just joined a week to a few weeks ago that have over 400 posts in that week.. im looking at you LimitedEdition.. ;)  I cant compete with that. But congrats to Needless... another new member :D

Well I can't stress this enough. The idea is to join the boards an be part of the community of folks that share the same interest you do. The contest is an added bonus to that but you shouldn't concern yourself with who has how many posts. Only posts that actually contribute to the conversations and are on the boards at the time we count them up at the end of the contest count, there is no real way to pad the vote or such. If someone has more time to make contributing posts to the topics on hand then thats great but again I hope you all are here to be part of a community and are posting and engaging in conversations because its something that interests you, not because you think it will give you a heads up in the contest.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JayC said:

Well I can't stress this enough. The idea is to join the boards an be part of the community of folks that share the same interest you do. The contest is an added bonus to that but you shouldn't concern yourself with who has how many posts. Only posts that actually contribute to the conversations and are on the boards at the time we count them up at the end of the contest count, there is no real way to pad the vote or such. If someone has more time to make contributing posts to the topics on hand then thats great but again I hope you all are here to be part of a community and are posting and engaging in conversations because its something that interests you, not because you think it will give you a heads up in the contest.

Thank you for the clarification JayC, I was really just joking around about it but I cant help but think it is a concern in the back of my head when I see responses in the first 2 pages of the forum all from the same person. Ive been here for years, Ive never known about any contests nor have I went out of my way to contribute to them. I come here for the news and on occasion talk about the stuff I like. Its no biggie if I win or lose (But would be neat to win :D

On 9/25/2018 at 1:50 PM, EvilHayato said:

Thank you for the clarification JayC, I was really just joking around about it but I cant help but think it is a concern in the back of my head when I see responses in the first 2 pages of the forum all from the same person. Ive been here for years, Ive never known about any contests nor have I went out of my way to contribute to them. I come here for the news and on occasion talk about the stuff I like. Its no biggie if I win or lose (But would be neat to win :D

I know I’m plenty guilty — alongside a couple of others — of killing time, striving to amp up my chances of being picked to win this contest, by going back over older posts, as well as contributing to the discussion on newer ones... To tell the truth, it was the original contests a few months ago that brought me here, in the first place.

But, even after those were done, I stayed, because action figures, toys and collectibles are a passion of mine, just like they are for the majority of the folks here. And I really liked the laid back, friendly community. As Jay C says, the contest is just supposed to be a bonus, and it is. At least, that’s the way I think of it. On my budget, where I’m lucky to afford a $20 figure — sometimes two — on a monthly basis, it’s hard not to see that prize and want to do as much as possible to try to win it. So, I do. Since I’ve got the time to kill.

The major thing that it does, which I think is the point really, is help me to focus on figuring out what I really want to say on a particular topic. Rather than making half-assed, dismissive posts, like a few folks seem to do, I’ve only ever sought to further the conversation as much as possible, even during non-contest periods. The contest just gives me the drive to do so more frequently. Which I know probably grinds some gears. But, I hope the stalwarts of the board will realize that that’s not the only reason I’m here.