Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
JayC

MAFEX Robocop 3 Figure Official Images & Details From Medicom

Recommended Posts

Medicom has released official images for their upcoming 6.2" Robocop with jetpack figure from Robocop 3 which will see release in July 2019.

Besides the Jetpack which is removable, the figure will come with an alternate arm gun, 3 head sculpts, Auto 9 pistol which can be stored in his leg holster, multiple hands including one with PC interface spike and a figure stand.

MAFEX-Robocop-3-01.jpg

MAFEX-Robocop-3-02.jpg

MAFEX-Robocop-3-03.jpg

MAFEX-Robocop-3-04.jpg

MAFEX-Robocop-3-05.jpg

MAFEX-Robocop-3-06.jpg

MAFEX-Robocop-3-07.jpg

MAFEX-Robocop-3-08.jpg

MAFEX-Robocop-3-09.jpg

MAFEX-Robocop-3-10.jpg

MAFEX-Robocop-3-11.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The attention paid  to the details, features, and accessories is amazing. I’ve been on the fence about adding a Robocop figure to my collection (1st movie is a classic),  I’m always going back and forth between the NECA and McFarlane versions.

As great as this one looks, I imagine the price point will remove it from my consideration.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve yet to land myself a Robocop figure... This sucker actually looks pretty damn good. I might have to keep an eye out for this one, as the release date hits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even tho Neca version was pretty nice I'm glad that we finally have Robocop figure that will fit 6 inch collection, I just hope it will go down in price as some mafex figures do. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like it, especially the swapable faces but it looks really clean or maybe the blue wash is throwing me off. And I'm sure this has great articulation but Robocop never had much articulation in general ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love Neca, but this one put the Naca one to shame. I am more fan of the original movie Robocop. After they are all released, if possible, I will have to choose which oen comes with the best accessories. Knowing Medicom, they will probably spread them out evenly so you have to buy all the figures. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man, this looks slick! I love all the accessories. This will probably be the version to get of all the ones they've shown so far. I hope he has nicely shined metal armor parts like they show here on the finished product. I'll preorder this one for sure! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Nightwing_Josh said:

that might be the only robocop toy i need.

 

provided it doesn't break easily.

 

my mafex spider-man homecoming figure's wrist snapped off :(

Mafex's QC issues seem to have improved since a few years ago, but it's a shame to hear stuff like this still happening every now and then. The Homecoming Spiderman figure from Mafex is a really nice figure otherwise, I think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, NeedlessImmortals said:

I like it, especially the swapable faces but it looks really clean or maybe the blue wash is throwing me off. And I'm sure this has great articulation but Robocop never had much articulation in general ?

That's an interesting thought. I wonder if they didn't need to engineer highly articulated joints into this figure because the character doesn't do somersaults and handstands. Hopefully he does have good articulation regardless. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t think this figure necessarily looks too clean, as was mentioned above, but that the silver/grey might actually be a bit too light. Which is even more pronounced with the blue wash over it. Still, if I found this guy affordably somewhere, I’d probably snag myself one of him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very awesome. But too pricey for my taste. Plus this will end up on the scrawny side of the 6" scale. I'm perfectly happy with NECA's spring loaded leg holster version of Robocop.

Mafex needs to settle down with their prices a bit. For $50-65 I might have grabbed this one too. $75 is just too much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, worldwarhulk said:

Very awesome. But too pricey for my taste. Plus this will end up on the scrawny side of the 6" scale. I'm perfectly happy with NECA's spring loaded leg holster version of Robocop.

Mafex needs to settle down with their prices a bit. For $50-65 I might have grabbed this one too. $75 is just too much.

My thoughts exactly, I don;t see any problem with the NECA version and I think he still scales well plus how often is anyone going to use Robocop with their Marvel Legends anyways? lol

And I agree, importers and a lot of toy companies are just getting greedy now with the huge increase in collectors, its getting to the point where the average kid can't even afford a quality figure anymore. So like where most of us grew up on Masters of the Universe, G.I. Joe, Transformers, Ninja Turtles, Marvel Legends, DC Universe and all those cool toys we have fond memories of; Instead the next generation will grow up on those crappy 5 point articulation Titan Hero's figures, Mystery Minis, and Funko Pops. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whoa! This is insanely impressive for such a small figure!... I own the diecast Hot Toys figure but never got a chance to display it, soon though it'll finally happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, NeedlessImmortals said:

My thoughts exactly, I don;t see any problem with the NECA version and I think he still scales well plus how often is anyone going to use Robocop with their Marvel Legends anyways? lol

And I agree, importers and a lot of toy companies are just getting greedy now with the huge increase in collectors, its getting to the point where the average kid can't even afford a quality figure anymore. So like where most of us grew up on Masters of the Universe, G.I. Joe, Transformers, Ninja Turtles, Marvel Legends, DC Universe and all those cool toys we have fond memories of; Instead the next generation will grow up on those crappy 5 point articulation Titan Hero's figures, Mystery Minis, and Funko Pops. 

To me there a few other things to it. 99% of the factories are in China. With the overtaxation, they might have to absord that in part and another part pass the increase in cost to the final consumer (not forgetting the middle man). Everybody gotta have their share of profit, otherwise is not worth it to bring this. 

Hasbro is moving they production to Vietnam I think. But they are also testing the market to see if people would buy Legends if they were 25 bucks of more. You saw that with the First ten years line and some exclusives. 

Prices can't be staggered forever. because production costs always increase over time.

Could be that I am very much used to that here and you guys don't really have that as much.  I saw a few videos explaning that at the ToyBiz era, figures were way cheaper.  

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, NeedlessImmortals said:

its getting to the point where the average kid can't even afford a quality figure anymore. So like where most of us grew up on Masters of the Universe, G.I. Joe, Transformers, Ninja Turtles, Marvel Legends, DC Universe and all those cool toys we have fond memories of; Instead the next generation will grow up on those crappy 5 point articulation Titan Hero's figures, Mystery Minis, and Funko Pops. 

I’m seeing that reflected on store shelves, the few that I still head out to, more and more. Gone are even the likes of Marvel Legends and DC Multiverse, which are two I tend to frequent, and in their place are 5 POA ‘discounted’ figures that just, to me, look less fun and much less detailed. I think companies were always ‘greedy’, along those lines. But, this exploitation of the collectors’ market is just increasing in frustration on a daily basis.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, FASVB said:

To me there a few other things to it. 99% of the factories are in China. With the overtaxation, they might have to absord that in part and another part pass the increase in cost to the final consumer (not forgetting the middle man). Everybody gotta have their share of profit, otherwise is not worth it to bring this. 

Hasbro is moving they production to Vietnam I think. But they are also testing the market to see if people would buy Legends if they were 25 bucks of more. You saw that with the First ten years line and some exclusives. 

Prices can't be staggered forever. because production costs always increase over time.

Could be that I am very much used to that here and you guys don't really have that as much.  I saw a few videos explaning that at the ToyBiz era, figures were way cheaper.  

I think $25 is about my limit for wave versions of Marvel Legends, right now thats around the price I pay anyways but I'm probably one of the few who was disappointed in the First Ten Years line. So much was just a reuse or a slight retool of figures we already got and for a bigger cost like you said. When you have companies like NECA and Diamond Select giving us pretty fantastic figures for around $22-26 with a bunch of accessories and diorama pieces why should we have to pay more for essentially a remold of an older figure with little to no accessories? At this point I only buy them because I'm a completionist but when I make the purchase I generally feel like I'm just throwing money away for example the Marvel Legends Vintage Wave 2 set thats coming out soon, I have no need for any of those characters and I'm betting they will all just be thrown in my figure bin but I'm still getting them because I want to support the company and I hope I can swap out my Vision for the new one. I'm also really annoyed that Hasbro is really pushing those army builders and it kind of makes me wonder who are these aimed for exactly? The only people I can think of are completionists and people who do stop motion and like to take pictures. Like you see all these people on here talking about how they have trouble keeping up with various waves and only picking up one or 2 figures, and looking for deals just so they can afford a certain figure all while Hasbro is hoping that everyone is going to shell out money for 6-8 Dora Milaje and while I probably will buy at least 4 I know there are a lot of people who wont and honestly I don't even know what I'd do with them, currently I have an Avengers Shelf, and X-Men shelf and a Spider-man shelf, evewn if I wanted a Black Panther shelf it would be small and underwhelming, I suppose and Infinity War shelf might look cool but there isnt anything to fight lol and the  Dora Milaje were hardly seen in the battle. I really feel like Hasbro is just putting out figures they know they can reuse in order to cut costs instead of giving us figures we actually want. This is where I tend to like import companies better because they almost always give you a completely unique version of a character, the quality is usually very good, and you don't really feel like your getting ripped off.

5 hours ago, sXeblues said:

I’m seeing that reflected on store shelves, the few that I still head out to, more and more. Gone are even the likes of Marvel Legends and DC Multiverse, which are two I tend to frequent, and in their place are 5 POA ‘discounted’ figures that just, to me, look less fun and much less detailed. I think companies were always ‘greedy’, along those lines. But, this exploitation of the collectors’ market is just increasing in frustration on a daily basis.

The only 5 POA figures I like are those 20 inch Jakks figures that sometimes come out with Star Wars and DC Movies, their sculpts are great they are just missing the extra paint so I like to buy them and customize them so in the end they end out looking like a Sideshow quality statue that only costed $20. and you know the only times I ever see ML, DC, or SW figures on the shelves is when they are already discounted, I think I only really buy transformers and turtles at the store these days because the rest of the toy selection is garbage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, NeedlessImmortals said:

The only 5 POA figures I like are those 20 inch Jakks figures that sometimes come out with Star Wars and DC Movies, their sculpts are great they are just missing the extra paint so I like to buy them and customize them so in the end they end out looking like a Sideshow quality statue that only costed $20. and you know the only times I ever see ML, DC, or SW figures on the shelves is when they are already discounted, I think I only really buy transformers and turtles at the store these days because the rest of the toy selection is garbage.

I’ll look at those bigger ones sometimes, but I never really considered buying any, as figure display real estate is pretty limited, in my humble abode. If I had the patience to customize them as you describe, I’d probably be a heckuva lot more apt to picking a few up. I’ve only ever walked out with one of those cheapo, foot tall Darth Vaders — when I didn’t luck upon any Black Series or ML figures. But, that was quite some time ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sXeblues said:

I’ll look at those bigger ones sometimes, but I never really considered buying any, as figure display real estate is pretty limited, in my humble abode. If I had the patience to customize them as you describe, I’d probably be a heckuva lot more apt to picking a few up. I’ve only ever walked out with one of those cheapo, foot tall Darth Vaders — when I didn’t luck upon any Black Series or ML figures. But, that was quite some time ago.

Its really not as hard as you might think. I know there are some artists out there who might cringe but all I use is the cheap $0.50 Walmart paint and $4.00 brush set and I just have fun with it because if I make a mistake it can easily be fixed and the paint can wash off if it hasnt been on long.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NeedlessImmortals said:

Its really not as hard as you might think. I know there are some artists out there who might cringe but all I use is the cheap $0.50 Walmart paint and $4.00 brush set and I just have fun with it because if I make a mistake it can easily be fixed and the paint can wash off if it hasnt been on long.

Wow, I didn’t realize it was actually that affordable to get set up to do that kind of stuff... I always just assumed that you needed high end paint and a whole lot of different accouterments. I’m a complete and total novice when it comes to the different styles and types of paint, and I just always figured that I’d be at a total loss trying to pinpoint what kind of paint to use on all of the different kinds of plastics figures seem to be made from, and such.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, sXeblues said:

Wow, I didn’t realize it was actually that affordable to get set up to do that kind of stuff... I always just assumed that you needed high end paint and a whole lot of different accouterments. I’m a complete and total novice when it comes to the different styles and types of paint, and I just always figured that I’d be at a total loss trying to pinpoint what kind of paint to use on all of the different kinds of plastics figures seem to be made from, and such.

Well like I said, I'm sure there are a lot of artists who would cringe at the way I do it lol both my sisters are professional artists and use high end paints and brushes and all that, paint thats thick and doesnt run, spreads easier, sticks faster, brushes that are more precise and doesnt leave brush strokes that kind of stuff. I also rarely put primer on the stuff I paint which is probably the one thing I should do to make everything stick better but I've only had that be an issue once or twice. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NeedlessImmortals said:

Well like I said, I'm sure there are a lot of artists who would cringe at the way I do it lol both my sisters are professional artists and use high end paints and brushes and all that, paint thats thick and doesnt run, spreads easier, sticks faster, brushes that are more precise and doesnt leave brush strokes that kind of stuff. I also rarely put primer on the stuff I paint which is probably the one thing I should do to make everything stick better but I've only had that be an issue once or twice. 

Do you ever post your work anywhere, or are you just kind of doing it for your own benefit / entertainment? I’ve been perusing the custom figures section of the forums, as I always love getting a look at what people come up with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, sXeblues said:

Do you ever post your work anywhere, or are you just kind of doing it for your own benefit / entertainment? I’ve been perusing the custom figures section of the forums, as I always love getting a look at what people come up with.

I've actually been wanting to I'm just not exactly sure where. Awhile back i was thinking of posting videos just to show off random customs that I made and what I used and thats when I started looking at how other customizers for references and I realized how unprofessional my stuff is in terms of execution lol but we'll see, I'd really like to give my custom Hot toys Age of Ultron Hulk some attention as I truly believe it looks 100xs better than the stock version and all I did was use 3 green $0.50 paints I had lying around and took me a couple hours to do while I was watching a movie lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, NeedlessImmortals said:

I've actually been wanting to I'm just not exactly sure where. Awhile back i was thinking of posting videos just to show off random customs that I made and what I used and thats when I started looking at how other customizers for references and I realized how unprofessional my stuff is in terms of execution lol but we'll see, I'd really like to give my custom Hot toys Age of Ultron Hulk some attention as I truly believe it looks 100xs better than the stock version and all I did was use 3 green $0.50 paints I had lying around and took me a couple hours to do while I was watching a movie lol

It would be mad cool to see, when you figure out what kind of venue you want to show it off in... Bargain customizing, I would think, would be pretty popular. ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...






Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE