MAFEX Robocop 3 Figure Official Images & Details From Medicom

JayC

6 hours ago, FASVB said:

Do you guys own any Robocop figure?

Sadly, I do not, as yet... I was eyeing the NECA one for a long time, and just had other things that I tended to want just a bit more, so kept putting it on the back burner. I am also highly interested in Mafex’s offerings. Though, I’m kind of teeter tottering between the first movie version, and this one. I love the look of them both. And, even though I have little attachment to the third movie, I’m on the fence regarding the accessories. I like to get as much bang for my buck as possible, since I tend to only have so much to spend anyway. So, looking at the jetpack and all that, is almost enough to persuade me in that direction.

2 hours ago, sXeblues said:

Sadly, I do not, as yet... I was eyeing the NECA one for a long time, and just had other things that I tended to want just a bit more, so kept putting it on the back burner. I am also highly interested in Mafex’s offerings. Though, I’m kind of teeter tottering between the first movie version, and this one. I love the look of them both. And, even though I have little attachment to the third movie, I’m on the fence regarding the accessories. I like to get as much bang for my buck as possible, since I tend to only have so much to spend anyway. So, looking at the jetpack and all that, is almost enough to persuade me in that direction.

I looked again and actually the second one has a more interesting paint scheme.  The blue shades are very metallic and help the figure stand out.

Like I said previously, they will make us want all of them for different reasons. 

26 minutes ago, FASVB said:

I looked again and actually the second one has a more interesting paint scheme.  The blue shades are very metallic and help the figure stand out.

Like I said previously, they will make us want all of them for different reasons. 

I caught a look at the one for the second movie earlier today — which I think is the first time I’ve ever seen it. I’m personally a little bit iffy on the color scheme they’ve put onto it. It doesn’t feel as much genuine Robocop as the more silver first and third ones. But, with that being said, if I think of it as a video game version or something, it’s actually kinda cool.

12 hours ago, FASVB said:

Yes! I guess we got carried away. So coming back to the topic, Do you guys own any Robocop figure? I Only have the Video Game version from Neca so far. I almost got that Figma version, but now like I said if everything goes well I will probably get only the Mafex Robocop from the first movie. 

I have Enforcement Droid and most recent Robocop from Neca which I think is also from the 3rd movie. I preordered this Mafex one but I need to see it scaled with other figures before I make my decision.

6 hours ago, sXeblues said:

This sentiment definitely resonates with me... I kind of feel like that’s been my overall mission statement, in theory, just never actually being put into words. I tend to focus my time and my creative efforts on being positive. Because, life is short. And it does no good to spend all your time negative, hating things, et al.

The absolutely hilarious thing about that is, I actually had a guy just recently say that he didn’t watch my videos anymore, because I was too positive about everything. And it marked the first time in my history online, that I was referred to as a ‘shill’. Bearing in mind, that only very recently did I venture to open my content to any sort of financial support, to mixed results.

So, I guess that just proves that whatever you choose to do, you’ve got to do it for yourself and your own enjoyment first. Because it’s impossible, and counterproductive, to try to appease everyone else.

Definitely do what you want for yourself, don't let anyone else bring you down. And just be yourself, people aren't always happy and positive all the time so I guess it can come off as unnatural but I also get what you were going for too. Either way, critiques are good but just remember you have the final say in what you do and if someone has a problem with it they can just leave.

As for the pride thing, if it helps you can look at it this way, when you monetize all your really doing is allowing Youtube to place an add on your video so its not so much about your content as its more just Youtube leeching off of your views and you getting a cut.

Anyways back on topic! ?

200.gif

• Like 1

After these Mafex figures hit, I’m going to be really eager to see some comparisons between them and the NECA ones... I’ve a feeling that the NECA ones will probably be really good display pieces, whereas these are probably going to be much more fun to play with, due to the articulation and accessories.

2 hours ago, sXeblues said:

After these Mafex figures hit, I’m going to be really eager to see some comparisons between them and the NECA ones... I’ve a feeling that the NECA ones will probably be really good display pieces, whereas these are probably going to be much more fun to play with, due to the articulation and accessories.

With literally any other figure I would agree with you but Robocop really doesn't have much articulation as it is lol Its kind of what makes him cool, I know hes supposed to be all state of the art but he always feels like hes this old unstoppable clunky tank for justice. Just like the Terminator, I don't want to see either of these two in super dynamic poses. And all Robocop really needs as an accessory is just his gun and then the jetpack if its the 3rd movie but both Neca and and Mafex comes with that. I wouldn't mind getting his car though. ?

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, NeedlessImmortals said:

With literally any other figure I would agree with you but Robocop really doesn't have much articulation as it is lol Its kind of what makes him cool, I know hes supposed to be all state of the art but he always feels like hes this old unstoppable clunky tank for justice. Just like the Terminator, I don't want to see either of these two in super dynamic poses. And all Robocop really needs as an accessory is just his gun and then the jetpack if its the 3rd movie but both Neca and and Mafex comes with that. I wouldn't mind getting his car though. ?

giphy.gif

I can appreciate that... As, I don’t particularly need for him to be super articulated, either. But, I can only account for a much more articulated figure like this to be for playability and posability. So, I’m still going to be curious to see how they stack up together. I just want a good looking figure to sit on my shelf at the end of the day, lol.

On 9/29/2018 at 7:15 AM, NeedlessImmortals said:

I have Enforcement Droid and most recent Robocop from Neca which I think is also from the 3rd movie. I preordered this Mafex one but I need to see it scaled with other figures before I make my decision.

Which one are you talking about? The one with the jetpack and missiles?  The one of the same wave as the Endocop and dog? Those are from the comic book Robocop vs Terminator. 

1 hour ago, hoomanbean said:

I never knew that Mafex could be 6". I always though they would be out of scale with Marvel Legends and other $20 figures. Sweet.

Mafex are usually bigger than SHF, some of them have more than 6 inch. 

13 minutes ago, sXeblues said:

I can appreciate that... As, I don’t particularly need for him to be super articulated, either. But, I can only account for a much more articulated figure like this to be for playability and posability. So, I’m still going to be curious to see how they stack up together. I just want a good looking figure to sit on my shelf at the end of the day, lol.

The thing that Neca lacks are optional parts, like battle damaged chestplate and helmet. Also the expressions that the Mafex one comes with, make the fun factor increase considerably. 

22 minutes ago, FASVB said:

The thing that Neca lacks are optional parts, like battle damaged chestplate and helmet. Also the expressions that the Mafex one comes with, make the fun factor increase considerably. 

I dunno that I was super impressed by the expressions, necessarily... But, I like the idea of swappable damage and such. Even though I mostly just want a clean Robocop in general, to put on display. I think the thing I’m really going to be looking for is what they look like side by side. Scale wise, paint and color wise. And kind of go from there.

58 minutes ago, sXeblues said:

I dunno that I was super impressed by the expressions, necessarily... But, I like the idea of swappable damage and such. Even though I mostly just want a clean Robocop in general, to put on display. I think the thing I’m really going to be looking for is what they look like side by side. Scale wise, paint and color wise. And kind of go from there.

All NECA figures are 7 inch scale so they measure mostly exactly 7 inches. MAFEX are 6 inch scale figures and as mostly Japanese figures, theya re smaller than the average ML. MAFEX is a little bigger that the usual SHF and some get to 6.5 inches. 

They are more expensive as the paint and overall quality is better. 

5 minutes ago, FASVB said:

All NECA figures are 7 inch scale so they measure mostly exactly 7 inches. MAFEX are 6 inch scale figures and as mostly Japanese figures, theya re smaller than the average ML. MAFEX is a little bigger that the usual SHF and some get to 6.5 inches. 

They are more expensive as the paint and overall quality is better. 

NECA’s will probably turn out to be what I’ll end up going for, because I think I prefer that scale, over a smaller size. As long as the paint is halfway decent, I’ll be happy.

4 hours ago, sXeblues said:

Well for the price he should be able to bend any way you want lol It does look like a good figure I just think its silly that hes so expensive when he's not the most mobile. That being said after watching Robocop 3 today he actually could come with a lot more accessories than I thought like the arm cannon, a removable helmet would be cool, maybe some swap-able battle damaged parts.

4 hours ago, FASVB said:

Which one are you talking about? The one with the jetpack and missiles?  The one of the same wave as the Endocop and dog? Those are from the comic book Robocop vs Terminator. 

I'm pretty sure I have the jetpack that has a slight blue tint.

4 hours ago, FASVB said:

You know I never thought about that. when I first started commenting on this thread I was going off of memory but since then I have re-watched them all and he does have a good range of expressions to choose from.

3 hours ago, sXeblues said:

NECA’s will probably turn out to be what I’ll end up going for, because I think I prefer that scale, over a smaller size. As long as the paint is halfway decent, I’ll be happy.

I also want to see how the Mafex one scales with other figures because while it may be the right size it could be an Iron Man situation where the helmeted head is way smaller than the average helmetless head.